Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I can't think of anything worse than us being owned by Saudis or Qataris, if those involved have anything to do with their human rights violations, like. Big 'if' of course.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm trying to work out what offence I'm meant to take against a Saudi owner.

Depends on what they're involved in, but providing they're a Saudi or Qatari with enough money to buy a football club, that's the second point on the checklist ticked. Early days, I'm just slightly apprehensive.

If they aren't saints then at least I hope their atrocities are the easily rationalized kind and not the ugly ones I have to have problems with.

Although, when you think about it, ethical capitalism and/or consumerism is as much a myth as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the female orgasm. At several unavoidable points on the supply chain of our modern lives, someone, somewhere is suffering, quite possibly horribly. In the face of such inexorable misery the only logical choice is to not let it bother you.

Are we meant to assume anyone who's Saudi is evil? ???

Certainly not, I can imagine certain press publication's turning it into a big thing though.

Ready To Go Mental should make for an interesting read.  Child groomer harbourers attacking nation states for their human rights record would be like King Herod complaining about Child Tax Credits

Are we meant to assume anyone who's Saudi is evil? ???

Certainly not, I can imagine certain press publication's turning it into a big thing though.

Ready To Go Mental should make for an interesting read.  Child groomer harbourers attacking nation states for their human rights record would be like King Herod complaining about Child Tax Credits

:lol: :thup:

They're a nasty bunch as it stands but the crown prince is somewhat of a radical. He was behind the recent law that allows women to drive, has been an outspoken critic of the ultra conservative nature of Saudi society, has put huge restrictions on religious police, and has driven massive reforms of the economy. Certainly not ideal but they've been showing massive potential for change in the last couple of years.

They're a nasty bunch as it stands but the crown prince is somewhat of a radical. He was behind the recent law that allows women to drive, has been an outspoken critic of the ultra conservative nature of Saudi society, has put huge restrictions on religious police, and has driven massive reforms of the economy. Certainly not ideal but they've been showing massive potential for change in the last couple of years.

The last guy who was like that, was killed.

The last guy who was like that, was killed.

Him and his doller could claim asylum on Tyneside.

I think the Mutawa lost their ability to make arrests a while ago. Before this dude came to power. No idea if he was behind that from his previous role though.