Would PCP actually be a good owner for NUFC?

Dave

I thought it had already been established that Staveley and PCP are ultimately a consortium of 6 or 7 parties putting in £25m-100m?

Staveley’s role will be to manage the funds, grow the club and give the investors their profit returns, taking her own cut.

I thought the picture was that no-one knew how many investors there were, how much money they were each putting in, who they were, or where they were from.

I don't think you can even call it a consortium. That would imply they were an already-established partnership.

What I don’t get is if she is not serious about buying the club, why would she spend so much time and money on it. It must cost a fair bit to do due diligence as thoroughly as she seems to have done and to appoint Chris Mort’s company as well.  She has also spent time talking to people in the city such as council officials as well as the Falcons.  It all seems a bit extreme if she doesn’t have the means to buy the club. There have been plenty of people previously who have talked about buying the club in the media but that’s all they have done - they never got as far as due diligence.  Why risk your reputation if it is all a charade. Any publicity she is getting is negative.

Could it be that Ashley got pissed on a couple of crates of Fosters, found out that the new TV deal could raise the price a few million, then rang his mates at Sky and tried to call her out to get the price up ?

What I don’t get is if she is not serious about buying the club, why would she spend so much time and money on it. It must cost a fair bit to do due diligence as thoroughly as she seems to have done and to appoint Chris Mort’s company as well.  She has also spent time talking to people in the city such as council officials as well as the Falcons.  It all seems a bit extreme if she doesn’t have the means to buy the club. There have been plenty of people previously who have talked about buying the club in the media but that’s all they have done - they never got as far as due diligence. Why risk your reputation if it is all a charade. Any publicity she is getting is negative.

The media look over this because it doesn’t fit their agenda. It doesn’t fit in with Ashley’s claims who will no doubt be paying them to put across a negative image of her. She is far more elusive than Ashley for the media to contact, so trying to do so isn’t worth their time unless they have a vested interest in hearing the truth about her, as most of them do not care about Newcastle, football in general, or her reputation then it’s far easier to throw rocks at her. The more rocks they throw at her the more they hope she’ll come out and tell them to stop, and if she doesn’t then they will atleast have a crowd gathered to watch them song it.