Martins Vs Owen

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Both...Damn, that wasn't an option :p

Too early to say though, for both of them.

Come on, got to make a choice, which is it?

Because we might (the manager) have to make that decision in the summer, as Martins was only brought in to replace Owen while injured, no doubt NUFC have left themselves skint because of the move.

Who the hell do you think you are starting stupid, rubbish and inncorrect speculation like that ?

Stupid thread really, as any idiot should know we need both of these players, its called  a SQUAD. The idea being that you need more than one good player in a position??

I've really got to you haven't I?

If the thread is so stupid, why come and post in it? It can manage fine without you.

Pack the attitude in, you sound like a little jumped up prick going on like that.

Don't flatter yourself.

Just curious as to why you started up on me in the first place and as to why you like to make up far fetched ridiculous speculation with no proof and ask stupid questions when its obvious we need both these players. I think perhaps you may realise that we do need both these players now that several people have mentioned this, but instead of admitting it, you try and change your tack and try and pick faults with other things like my 'attitude' instead.

'We need both' wasn't an option, did you not read the OP? Your the one going on about penis' like some 5 year old not me.

And why would it be far fetched what i said? Its obvious to the next man that this club is ran badly, and that its losing money, can we afford to keep both is a reasonable statement considering our position.

Nobosy else had a problem with the question /scenario put before them apart from you, so stop acting like a muppet, answer the question, or fuk off.

Both...Damn, that wasn't an option :p

Too early to say though, for both of them.

Come on, got to make a choice, which is it?

Because we might (the manager) have to make that decision in the summer, as Martins was only brought in to replace Owen while injured, no doubt NUFC have left themselves skint because of the move.

Who the hell do you think you are starting stupid, rubbish and inncorrect speculation like that ?

Stupid thread really, as any idiot should know we need both of these players, its called  a SQUAD. The idea being that you need more than one good player in a position??

I've really got to you haven't I?

If the thread is so stupid, why come and post in it? It can manage fine without you.

Pack the attitude in, you sound like a little jumped up prick going on like that.

Don't flatter yourself.

Just curious as to why you started up on me in the first place and as to why you like to make up far fetched ridiculous speculation with no proof and ask stupid questions when its obvious we need both these players. I think perhaps you may realise that we do need both these players now that several people have mentioned this, but instead of admitting it, you try and change your tack and try and pick faults with other things like my 'attitude' instead.

'We need both' wasn't an option, did you not read the OP? Your the one going on about penis' like some 5 year old not me.

And why would it be far fetched what i said? Its obvious to the next man that this club is ran badly, and that its losing money, can we afford to keep both is a reasonable statement considering our position.

Nobosy else had a problem with the question /scenario put before them apart from you, so stop acting like a muppet, answer the question, or fuk off.

Who's Nobosy?

My point is oh dim insulting one, is that its a stupid and pointless question,as we do need both of these players and its not likely at all that we'll have to sell one of them. So you stating " Because we might (the manager) have to make that decision in the summer, as Martins was only brought in to replace Owen while injured, no doubt NUFC have left themselves skint because of the move". Is complete speculative inacurate bullshit from start to finish, as hopefully Owen makes a full recovery and gets back to his best and Martins keeps on adapting and improving too. They may even arguably make a decent partnership yet but that remains to be seen.

As much as I love little michael...its gotta be martins hands down. He is just the BEST prospect striker in the world in my opinion....His pace is almost unrivalled in the entire footballing world....I can't think of anyone faster at the moment...and pace is so crucial for teams in the premiership, as is height now as well (which is why I think a crouch martins partnership would be ideal but thats changing the subject)

Plus...michael owen's motd interviews are boring...martins' are the best :lol:

As much as I love little michael...its gotta be martins hands down. He is just the BEST prospect striker in the world in my opinion....His pace is almost unrivalled in the entire footballing world....I can't think of anyone faster at the moment...and pace is so crucial for teams in the premiership, as is height now as well (which is why I think a crouch martins partnership would be ideal but thats changing the subject)

In love tbh.  :lol:

In love tbh.  :lol:

Totally 100% tbh :D

As said, Michael Owen will give you goals IF fit.

Saying that I have gone for Martins due it his pace, power and FITNESS. If Owen had someone like Lampards injury record I wouldn't have to even think about it but for us he has Woodgates so no thanks.

Martins finishing is a little up and down at the moment but he is still a very good player and will only improve with age and time in the premiership.

I think, potentially, Martins would offer more to a team.  Whereas Owen spends 95% of the game doing largely fuck all, and that'll always grate on me, regardless of the fact that he'll pop up and score when needed.  Which is debatable in itself, seems to miss an awful lot for a world class finisher, in my humble opinion.

I've never been a massive Owen fan, though, in fairness.  Always has been, and always will be, overrated (and no, that does not mean I think he's shite) for me. 

Martins, I guess.  Age, potential, could arguably get a better fee for him in 5-6 years time if we hit the shits.  Owen's value, however, decreases with every game/season he misses. 

Guest GeordieDirk

I'm a big fan of Martins but I voted Owen.

You can't teach the poacher's instinct he has, a fully fit Owen guarantee's you goals.

Fully fit, those are the key words in that statement. He never is unfortunately, and while it is a huge improbability, if there was a chance we could offload him in January I would rather cut our losses and get rid of him.

I think, potentially, Martins would offer more to a team.  Whereas Owen spends 95% of the game doing largely F*** all, and that'll always grate on me, regardless of the fact that he'll pop up and score when needed.  Which is debatable in itself, seems to miss an awful lot for a world class finisher, in my humble opinion.

I've never been a massive Owen fan, though, in fairness.  Always has been, and always will be, overrated (and no, that does not mean I think he's shite) for me. 

Martins, I guess.  Age, potential, could arguably get a better fee for him in 5-6 years time if we hit the shits.  Owen's value, however, decreases with every game/season he misses. 

I'd agree with this. Although Martins is very much a front man, it looks to me like he's better than Owen at dropping off and creating things for other players, when the situation demands it. Owen is purely a finisher. He's only worth half the amount we've shelled out, in transfer fees and wages.

Guest Knightrider

Martins all the way. Owen is on his way down as a top-class performer and can only regress where as Martins can and will only get better. He is far more dynamic than Owen, younger and more cost effective in terms of wages and resale value. Owen is the more talented, experienced and the more effective in terms of end product of course but when you add all the pros and cons together Martins is the long term bet, while Owen is the proverbial risk which is unbelievable given his status and pedigree but then that's what happens when you put all your eggs into one basket to buy an injury prone player on the downward spiral of his career, a player whose commitment is dubious to say the least to boot.

If we could get £10m for Owen I'd take it and write the whole deal off as a mad moment and move on.

The very fact we had to buy Martins in the first place and are currently relying on his goals says it all where Owen is concerned which puts his value to the team into perspective, doesn't it. He's been nothing more than an empty peg to us, a very expensive one. Still the name looks good on the back of those shirts...

Neither are going anywhere. The clun didn't spend 10 million on Martins for 1 season and as he comes to grips with the EPL he is begining to show his worth. Nor did the club pay 17 million for Owen to dump him.

We need 4 strikers so stop this nonsense about who should go, no one.

We have Amoebi out for the remaining season and Sib filling in. Dyer, when fit can chip in.

Luque aside who can play striker but is on the outer gives us a future choice of Sib, Owen, Martins and Amoebi. Dyer as back up. Can you imagine a new striker comming here for half a season. If one does I think it will be Amoebi who goes or Sib.

I don't like small strikers but both Owens and Martin are fast and can jump. Sib is better than Amoebi in the air - again Amoebi to go.

Of course Amoebi is everyones favourite so won't go. Interesting?

Neither are going anywhere. The clun didn't spend 10 million on Martins for 1 season and as he comes to grips with the EPL he is begining to show his worth. Nor did the club pay 17 million for Owen to dump him.

We need 4 strikers so stop this nonsense about who should go, no one.

We have Amoebi out for the remaining season and Sib filling in. Dyer, when fit can chip in.

Luque aside who can play striker but is on the outer gives us a future choice of Sib, Owen, Martins and Amoebi. Dyer as back up. Can you imagine a new striker comming here for half a season. If one does I think it will be Amoebi who goes or Sib.

I don't like small strikers but both Owens and Martin are fast and can jump. Sib is better than Amoebi in the air - again Amoebi to go.

Of course Amoebi is everyones favourite so won't go. Interesting?

Aye, Shola is a big fan favourite. Completely exempt from any stick. Fucking priceless  :lol:

Guest elbee909

Owen, as he is 80 times the player Martins will ever be.

What are you basing that on?

80 times as much lying down over the last year or so, perhaps

Martins is quicker than Owen ever was and is much stronger and more robust, would be interesting to see who was the better finisher.

Certainly Owen is better in the box, but he is older an wiser.

What holds Martins back is his decision making, he has to learn to make the right runs and make the right pass. Id say he has the potential to eclipse Owen though.

As of now there is no contest who is better though.

Owen is a proven goalscorer in the premiership, if he were able to stay fit for the majority of a season there would be no argument whatsoever....

Potential and flashes of brilliance are nothing if it can't be consistent over a season, just like being injured during those inconsistent bits?? (Martins). Given that we have only seen a quarter of a season from him we can't really make a judgement yet surely? Solely hypothesis, not great criteria for this poll :roll:

Can we include "A fit Owen"?

Guest thompers

Owen is world class. He has been since  17 and never had potential, because he set high standards from the very beginning. Martins is 21 and still has the 'potential' to be a top player. Owen is a different class to him.

Depends what Owen is like when he comes back from injury. If Martins could learn from Owen in terms of movement off the ball he would improve his game a lot though.