Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

for those criticisng the crowd - how long can you expect people to keep getting behind the lads 100% despite seeing what we saw today at home against a poor brighton team, and previously against an even shitter team in everton.

cannot expect people to go on being absolutely positive all the time.

something has to come from the pitch. the crowd aways start positively but we need something back to keep it going. after how many games are people allowed to start giving players stick.

i can understand why some of our crowd are starting to turn and get frustrated.

It's a criticism of parts of the crowd, not all of it. Why turn on the players? is my response to that. Ashley is where the entirety of the turning should be. Booing the team at half time and during the match is self defeating, as frustrating as it undoubtedly is. Again, I'd go back to the whole 'we don't demand a team that wins...' stuff. If trying is what's actually demanded, then why are people still groaning and booing when they're clearly trying? Collectively it's a difficult thing to change, but we need to realise that SJP is known for being the place where the opposition look to get the crowd to turn against us, presumably because it's unique to us, and a good way of getting a win.

Easy to say when you're sat in the warm watching on an internet stream. In reality when you've paid £100s to sit in the freezing cold watching absolute rubbish the patience of the most placid of people is tested, as was the case today.

As I've said many times before, I gave up my season ticket. I had exactly the same opinion of the crowd and booing back then as I do now, and I'll have the same opinion on it when I go back post-Ashley.

for those criticisng the crowd - how long can you expect people to keep getting behind the lads 100% despite seeing what we saw today at home against a poor brighton team, and previously against an even shitter team in everton.

something has to come from the pitch. the crowd aways start positively but we need something back to keep it going. after how many games are people allowed to start giving players stick.

It's a criticism of parts of the crowd, not all of it. Why turn on the players? is my response to that. Ashley is where the entirety of the turning should be. Booing the team at half time and during the match is self defeating, as frustrating as it undoubtedly is. Again, I'd go back to the whole 'we don't demand a team that wins...' stuff. If trying is what's actually demanded, then why are people still groaning and booing when they're clearly trying? Collectively it's a difficult thing to change, but we need to realise that SJP is known for being the place where the opposition look to get the crowd to turn against us, presumably because it's unique to us, and a good way of getting a win.

Easy to say when you're sat in the warm watching on an internet stream. In reality when you've paid £100s to sit in the freezing cold watching absolute rubbish the patience of the most placid of people is tested, as was the case today.

As I've said many times before, I gave up my season ticket. I had exactly the same opinion of the crowd and booing back then as I do now.

You come on after every home game criticising the fans yet you don't bother your backside to get along to support once in a while yourself and totally ignore the fact that the supporters are the best thing about the club.

Didn't you give up wallsendmag quite a few times?

Yep gave up my season ticket once before but still went to a few games witbout it as it isn't compulsory to have a season ticket to attend games. Didn't criticise those who chose to vent their frustrations at poor performances in my absence either.

Guest firetotheworks

As I've said many times before, I gave up my season ticket. I had exactly the same opinion of the crowd and booing back then as I do now.

You come on after every home game criticising the fans yet you don't bother your backside to get along to support once in a while yourself and totally ignore the fact that the supporters are the best thing about the club.

I do a lot more than that, but if that's the one post you want to pick up on, feel free. I don't go because of Ashley, not because I 'don't bother my backside', I've mentioned that plenty of times. No one is under any illusion of you being a superfan either though, so I'm not sure why you keep playing that hand and we have to do this whole pathetic song and dance about it.

I do a lot more than that, but if that's the one post you want to pick up on, feel free. I don't go because of Ashley, not because I 'don't bother my backside', I've mentioned that plenty of times. No one is under any illusion of you being a superfan either though, so I'm not sure why you keep playing that hand and we have to do this whole pathetic song and dance about it.

I'm no superfan but I don't continue to criticise the best thing about the club after every home game either whilst totally missing the bigger issues. Today was probably the most stick the team has had since Rafa arrived, and you know what, it was totally deserved. Continue to ctritcise from your armchair thoughif it makes you feel better about yourself.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm no superfan but I don't continue to criticise the best thing about the club after every home game either whilst totally missing the bigger issues. Today was probably the most stick the team has had since Rafa arrived, and you know what, it was totally deserved. Continue to ctritcise from your armchair thoughif it makes you feel better about yourself.

Will do, cheers. :thup:

Yep gave up my season ticket once before but still went to a few games witbout it as it isn't compulsory to have a season ticket to attend games. Didn't criticise those who chose to vent their frustrations at poor performances in my absence either.

You did call them mugs though

I voted no but the more I think about it I'm starting to be swayed more to hoping we go down. I haven't renewed my season ticket so regardless of the league we're in I won't be watching anyway so it's really a choice of another season of trying to finish 17th in the PL and Ashley raking in more £millions or the Championship where I haven't got a clue how we'd get on but I do know Ashley wouldn't be making any money out of the club.

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

You did call them mugs though

I voted no but the more I think about it I'm starting to be swayed more to hoping we go down. I haven't renewed my season ticket so regardless of the league we're in I won't be watching anyway so it's really a choice of another season of trying to finish 17th in the PL and Ashley raking in more £millions or the Championship where I haven't got a clue how we'd get on but I do know Ashley wouldn't be making any money out of the club.

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

They are/I am really. Still if the team is continually churning out rubbish, they/I am entitled to criticise them. Today was pathetic and any stick the players get was totally justified.

I was booing Darlow today he seemed to take an absolute age when taking goal kicks and he never once took a quick kick to take advantage of out of position Brighton defenders.

Yes he did, and skied it short of the halfway line.

Our support was absolutely embarrassing today like, totally pathetic. What did they expect? A stroll in the park to a 3-0 win? We were the better side, created the better chances and if it wasn’t for their keeper making 2 great saves, we’d have won.

We restricted Brighton to next to fuck all, defended well and looked good going forward. Absolutely pathetic to boo at HT and FT, even more pathetic to groan every time a pass goes backwards rather than forwards As for giving Darlow shit for slow distribution, has it possibly crossed anyones mind that as both of our keepers do it, maybe it’s an instruction from the manager - to allow ourselves to get back into our own shape and prevent a counter attack if we lose the ball.

I personally thought we did well, but Brighton were well organised defensively and difficult to break down

An okay point, providing it’s followed up with 4-6 points over the next two games.

Our support was absolutely embarrassing today like, totally pathetic. What did they expect? A stroll in the park to a 3-0 win? We were the better side, created the better chances and if it wasn’t for their keeper making 2 great saves, we’d have won.

We restricted Brighton to next to fuck all, defended well and looked good going forward. Absolutely pathetic to boo at HT and FT, even more pathetic to groan every time a pass goes backwards rather than forwards As for giving Darlow shit for slow distribution, has it possibly crossed anyones mind that as both of our keepers do it, maybe it’s an instruction from the manager - to allow ourselves to get back into our own shape and prevent a counter attack if we lose the ball.

I personally thought we did well, but Brighton were well organised defensively and difficult to break down

An okay point, providing it’s followed up with 4-6 points over the next two games.

Well said that man.

They looked fitter and fresher than us mind, BUT darlow may as well have had a day off as he had nothing to do whereas their keeper made a great save from hayden and an evenbetter one from gayle.

It was a very poor game and we struggle when we have to break teams down, but we still worked their keeper and created the better chances.

Wow, in a minority of 1 with that assessment.

I almost always agree with you Figures, but we didn't look good going forward today like.

We didn't but our defence nullified their attack and we actually forced their keeper inot making a couple of good saves.

Clean Sheet, and clean sheets will keep us up if Fat Sham is to be believed.

How many saves did Darlow have to make compared to Ryan?

I almost always agree with you Figures, but we didn't look good going forward today like.

We didn't but our defence nullified their attack and we actually forced their keeper inot making a couple of good saves.

Clean Sheet, and clean sheets will keep us up if Fat Sham is to be believed.

True, but walking out of the ground today I couldn't find anything positive about that other than the fact we didn't get beat. Onto Stoke and all the rest of it, but we desperately need additions to the front 6.

Guest neesy111

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42410976

We restricted Brighton to next to f*** all, defended well and looked good going forward. Absolutely pathetic to boo at HT and FT, even more pathetic to groan every time a pass goes backwards rather than forwards As for giving Darlow s*** for slow distribution, has it possibly crossed anyones mind that as both of our keepers do it, maybe it’s an instruction from the manager - to allow ourselves to get back into our own shape and prevent a counter attack if we lose the ball.

We scored the same amount of goals as Brighton too if we're doing comparisons