Stoke City vs Newcastle United - 1/1/18, 3pm KO.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest Howaythetoon

Thank f*** it's an away game.

Same, means Wallendmag wont be on after the match because only fans who attend can comment.

Too right I won't. I'm off to Mauritius tomorrow for a bit winter sun!

Enjoy your holidays!

1-2.

Say that out of hope. We really needed 7 points from today, Monday and Swansea. 2 wins out of 2 required then.

If we win against these, then we beat Luton (for confidence) and beat Swansea, I think we'll end up ok. Need some signings as well though.

5 points in 12 fixtures since our last win vs Palace who at the time were in a real mess themselves.

It really isnt good viewing. And in all seriousness I really cant see us getting points from anywhere soon, after this a 6 pointer vs Swansea and the trip to City who will no doubt this time really put the 5 or 6 they should have past us at their place.

If theres no investment with immediate effect then we are as good as down.

Guest neesy111

What's our record like at Stoke? The last win I remember is the Ba match.

Horrendous.  1 win and 1 draw is what I remember for us.

It's the only win we've had there in the PL. Seem to recall we won there in the Coca Cola Cup(?) under Keegan in the mid-90s.

Won 0-4. Was serious trouble before and after the game apparently.

It's the only win we've had there in the PL. Seem to recall we won there in the Coca Cola Cup(?) under Keegan in the mid-90s.

Won 0-4. Was serious trouble before and after the game apparently.

Aye. . Was there and it was like the wild west... Just gangs attacking each other left right and centre but you couldn't tell who was who

I was at that one. Would have been 1995ish and we beat them 4-0 at the old Victoria Ground. Never seen trouble like it before outside the ground afterwards, and it was quite tasty even just getting in beforehand.

A rumour had gone round that a young lass from Stoke had been stabbed by a Newcastle fan earlier in the day (which wasn't true) and all hell broke loose. Remember their manager Lou Macari stirring things up as well. Was glad to get out in one piece that night.