Newcastle United 1 - 1 Swansea City - 13/01/18 - Post-match reaction from pg16

Dave

The more I see him the more Clark just completely does my head in. Just not cut out for this level.

The less said about Diame the better. Two points dropped without doubt.

I thought Diame along with maybe Perez were our best players tbh :lol:

Aye. Diame was decent again. He should have went off for Merino like imo.

Aye probably. His technique is never consistent but when he get tired it really gets bad. Was still winning the ball a lot late on mind

He gave away about three of four needless fouls, never made any movement off the ball to make himself available for a pass and every time he got on the ball looked like he was just making sure he didn’t fall over it.

Not quite sure how winning a couple of tackles and a few headers makes up for that, but part of the joy of football is taking what you see out of it.

Darlow won the challenge, which I think he was favourite to win, but like their goal, simply pushed it back into the danger area.

I think he does it too often to call it unlucky.

I'd imagine it would be pretty hard to aim where the ball is going when you come flying out like that :lol:  Of all the shit things on show today.  I find this a really wried thing to pick up on.  But perhaps it's just me and maybe he should have done better.

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as f*** when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

Wot.

Thanks for that fucking outstanding contribution Kanj.

A couple of headers that were by no means bankers and a strike from about 16 yards on his left foot whilst being covered by a defender. You would hope he'd put one of them away and we need a new striker who 9 times out of 10 would but people are cracking on like they were everytime Cisse dared to not burry a chance.

Guest neesy111

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like [emoji38] He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as f*** when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

Wot.

A couple of headers that were by no means bankers and a strike from about 16 yards on his left foot whilst being covered by a defender. You would hope he'd put one of them away and we need a new striker who 9 times out of 10 would but people are cracking on like they were everytime Cisse dared to not burry a chance.

A lot of very good strikers miss chances and decent ones.  The problem with us is that we have to take the one's we get due to us not creating that many in general this season.

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

Wot.

:thup: I was actually more angry about how bad his link up play was at times today

Thought we were the better team overall, a decent striker and that's a comfortable home win.

Sadly we don't spend money on things like that - full starting XI today was our Championship team ffs.

They should have had a penalty and us down to ten men, and had one cleared off the line in the dying moments like. Overall a draw was fair.

But yeah, we probably should have been clear before all that.

Not worried yet. Would have been a good time to get 3 points but we're still some way off 'must win' territory. The mentality of this team is still a positive one and that will go a long way. The wins will come. Keep supporting.

I dunno, I tend to think of the teams that you know will be in and around you as being must win, rather than matches at the tail end of the season that include Man City, Man United, Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

Nah, wins come from seemingly unlikely places every season. There's a full 15 matches left, that's loads of points up for grabs. We're not in must-win territory yet, and tbh it doesn't help anybody dubbing games as such until they're factually must-win, and even then - the players will know that anyway. For now we have to protect our team's positive mentality, and the stands adding pressure with these false must win games & the attitudes that ensue will not help that one bit.

Wot.

Thanks for that f***ing outstanding contribution Kanj.

I don’t agree with you man. I feel like You’re making excuses for our #9. I’m sorry the second chance was on a plate with the entire left side of Fabianski open and he heads across goal 2-3 yards wide. He’s then offside on a corner, with 0 awareness to get back on and wasted that chance. That first header, by the way, basically ayew had the same chance and gets it on goal and scored he rebound on us. Our striker hits that horribly wide.

Sorry if my Wot winded you up but I was shocked by what you said. That’s all.

Thought we were the better team overall, a decent striker and that's a comfortable home win.

Sadly we don't spend money on things like that - full starting XI today was our Championship team ffs.

They should have had a penalty and us down to ten men, and had one cleared off the line in the dying moments like. Overall a draw was fair.

Missed the red card call, what happened?

The first chance Gayle should test the keeper more. The offside was very close and shot across goal was a reasonable effort, takes a great strike to score from there.

The second header was an abysmal miss, and we paid for it.

Wot.

I don’t agree with you man. I feel like You’re making excuses for our #9. I’m sorry the second chance was on a plate with the entire left side of Fabianski open and he heads across goal 2-3 yards wide. He’s then offside on a corner, with 0 awareness to get back on and wasted that chance. That first header, by the way, basically ayew had the same chance and gets it on goal and scored he rebound on us. Our striker hits that horribly wide.

It wouldn't have been a chance if he wasn't offside though. The keeper would have just collected it easily.

Missed the red card call, what happened?

Diame elbowed the ball off the line in the first half. As clear a handball as you'll see.

Wot.

Yep, Kanji is right, the second chance was on a plate, he is rightly being criticised for a terrible performance. Same as any of our other strikers would be. Problem is, when Gayle doesn't score, he contributes next to nothing else either and it's so frustrating to watch him strolling around, head hanging down. He needs time out as it's gone on for too long when Perez & Joselu are clearly in much, much better form.

Wot.

It wouldn't have been a chance if he wasn't offside though. The keeper would have just collected it easily.

I guess a player can't be onside then run onto a chance then? if he was even and stepped forward?

Wot.

Yep, Kanji is right, the second chance was on a plate, he is rightly being criticised for a terrible performance. Same as any of our other strikers would be. Problem is, when Gayle doesn't score, he contributes next to nothing else either and it's so frustrating to watch him strolling around, head hanging down. He needs time out as it's gone on for too long when Perez & Joselu are clearly in much, much better form.

I thought Gayle pressed and made some great tackles, his left footed shot was perfectly fine man...it's the headers earlier on that I have issue with.

Wot.

I'm maybe making excuses a bit but I know we need a new striker. Ayew got his shot on target and Joselu finished off his chance brilliantly, good on them, but they don't do that every single time so it isn't really a fair comparison.

Wot.

I guess a player can't be onside then run onto a chance then? if he was even and stepped forward?

If Gayle isn't standing there blocking him, the keeper just comes out and takes it though IMO. It was very close with the guy on the left anyway IMO, I'd have to see it again

Wot.

I thought Gayle pressed and made some great tackles, his left footed shot was perfectly fine man...it's the headers earlier on that I have issue with.

Doesn't do enough for me like, Perez is far better at defending from the front, and paired with Joselu we have a much more dynamic duo. That's the way forward for us I feel.

You're right Hans - so I'll sort of take back the comparison - I'm with you, we need a new CF - will be annoying watching Tosun today esp if he played well and scores. My issue with Gayle and all of our strikers are that some of these chances are fucking incredibly simple they HAVE to score. Joselu fucked up a million chances earlier this season too.

I'm just frustrated with our inability to finish the chances we do create, is all.

Wot.

If Gayle isn't standing there blocking him, the keeper just comes out and takes it though IMO. It was very close with the guy on the left anyway IMO, I'd have to see it again

You should watch it again, if he's even with his man or even a step onside and lunges forward anticipating he scores. He's just standing there like a fucking doofus.

The alternatives are just as likely to go on bad runs too so I'm not sure what we do. I'd stick with Gayle but I think Joselu will start next game.

I'd start Joselu next game but these comments like "I'd start Joselu and Perez for the foreseeable future" make me laugh considering they are just as likely to play shit

Guest neesy111

The alternatives are just as likely to go on bad runs too so I'm not sure what we do. I'd stick with Gayle but I think Joselu will start next game.

I'd start Joselu next game but these comments like "I'd start Joselu and Perez for the foreseeable future" make me laugh considering they are just as likely to play shit

It's the same with most of the team, putting in a different player creates different problems.