Newcastle United 1 - 1 Swansea City - 13/01/18 - Post-match reaction from pg16

Dave

The alternatives are just as likely to go on bad runs too so I'm not sure what we do. I'd stick with Gayle but I think Joselu will start next game.

I'd start Joselu next game but these comments like "I'd start Joselu and Perez for the foreseeable future" make me laugh considering they are just as likely to play s***

They're both clearly the more in form, effective players. Laugh away but it's true. Clear as day.

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as f*** when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

Wot.

Thanks for that f***ing outstanding contribution Kanj.

A couple of headers that were by no means bankers and a strike from about 16 yards on his left foot whilst being covered by a defender. You would hope he'd put one of them away and we need a new striker who 9 times out of 10 would but people are cracking on like they were everytime Cisse dared to not burry a chance.

I don’t agree with you man. I feel like You’re making excuses for our #9. I’m sorry the second chance was on a plate with the entire left side of Fabianski open and he heads across goal 2-3 yards wide. He’s then offside on a corner, with 0 awareness to get back on and wasted that chance. That first header, by the way, basically ayew had the same chance and gets it on goal and scored he rebound on us. Our striker hits that horribly wide.

Sorry if my Wot winded you up but I was shocked by what you said. That’s all.

It wouldn't have been a chance if he wasn't offside though. The keeper would have just collected it easily.

I guess a player can't be onside then run onto a chance then? if he was even and stepped forward?

If Gayle isn't standing there blocking him, the keeper just comes out and takes it though IMO. It was very close with the guy on the left anyway IMO, I'd have to see it again

You should watch it again, if he's even with his man or even a step onside and lunges forward anticipating he scores. He's just standing there like a fucking doofus.

I'll watch it on MOTD later. You could be right but tbf someone earlier was complaining about him not being like 4-5 yards further back which was completely nonsensical :lol:

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as f*** when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

Wot.

A couple of headers that were by no means bankers and a strike from about 16 yards on his left foot whilst being covered by a defender. You would hope he'd put one of them away and we need a new striker who 9 times out of 10 would but people are cracking on like they were everytime Cisse dared to not burry a chance.

I don’t agree with you man. I feel like You’re making excuses for our #9. I’m sorry the second chance was on a plate with the entire left side of Fabianski open and he heads across goal 2-3 yards wide. He’s then offside on a corner, with 0 awareness to get back on and wasted that chance. That first header, by the way, basically ayew had the same chance and gets it on goal and scored he rebound on us. Our striker hits that horribly wide.

It wouldn't have been a chance if he wasn't offside though. The keeper would have just collected it easily.

I guess a player can't be onside then run onto a chance then? if he was even and stepped forward?

If Gayle isn't standing there blocking him, the keeper just comes out and takes it though IMO. It was very close with the guy on the left anyway IMO, I'd have to see it again

You should watch it again, if he's even with his man or even a step onside and lunges forward anticipating he scores. He's just standing there like a f***ing doofus.

I'll watch it on MOTD later. You could be right but tbf someone earlier was complaining about him not being like 4-5 yards further back which was completely nonsensical :lol:

How is it nonsensical to say Gayle should have been onside? You're drunk.

Wot.

You should watch it again, if he's even with his man or even a step onside and lunges forward anticipating he scores. He's just standing there like a f***ing doofus.

You said 4-5 yards further back :lol: That means the chance of a goal is completely gone :lol:

The alternatives are just as likely to go on bad runs too so I'm not sure what we do. I'd stick with Gayle but I think Joselu will start next game.

I'd start Joselu next game but these comments like "I'd start Joselu and Perez for the foreseeable future" make me laugh considering they are just as likely to play s***

They're both clearly in the more in form, effective players. Laugh away but it's true. Clear as day.

I'm laughing because you for some reason want to start two guys for the foreseeable future who are quite likely to go about 5 games without scoring when in reality we're going to keep chopping and changing for the rest of the season as neither or Gayle are good enough at the moment

Wot.

You said 4-5 yards further back :lol: That means the chance of a goal is completely gone :lol:

Dunno like, if Gayle doesn't go for it i'm pretty sure someone was at the back post free and onside.

It's totally OK to demand your players stay onside - I f***ing lose my mind over Yedlin being offside every single game :lol:

Nah it's nonsensical to demand so, according to Kid Icarus & triggs during the match thread. Tbh it wouldn't be as bad usually but it was from a dead ball situation and he was just standing there doing nothing other than wasting the potential opportunity for his more switched on team mates. Not good enough.

It's totally OK to demand your players stay onside - I f***ing lose my mind over Yedlin being offside every single game :lol:

Nah it's nonsensical to demand so, according to Kid Icarus & triggs during the match thread. Tbh it wouldn't be as bad usually but it was from a dead ball situation and he was just standing there doing nothing other than wasting the potential opportunity for his more switched on team mates. Not good enough.

My issue was with 4-5 yards. Do you understand how large a distance that is? There is absolutely no way he could have scored a goal if he was 4-5 yards back

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that was a game of two halves really. First half we pressed, played a high tempo and created chances. We could have went in at least a goal ahead. Second half... totally different. We sat deep, played with no tempo and basically conceded the game to them. I cannot get over how when Darlow had the ball in his hands with Swansea almost camped in our half willing to launch it for a counter, Lascelles was telling him to keep it and then bollocked him. That allowed Swansea to get back and into shape and infuriated the crowd.

I cannot stand these tactics at home, it’s pathetic and costing us points. What made today’s result so bad was that Swansea were awful, one of the worst teams I’ve seen at SJP especially in the first half where they were content to launch it long and time waste, even with a corner at the end of the first half.

We MUST beat teams like this at home and we haven’t yet again. It’s games like this that send you down or can keep you up.

At least the bairn enjoyed it, we were sat up in L7 Leazes and when we got to the top and he saw the whole pitch his eyes lit up. He did well to last until 86 minutes where he had had enough and wanted to go home. I hope that’s him not hooked because going to the match is a real chore and no fun at all for me, not with tactics like this and the poor performances.

Perez first half and Joselu deserve credit, Atsu first half as well and Dummet defensively. The rest were a bunch of meh or nothing.

Infuriating and simply not good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd start Joselu next game but these comments like "I'd start Joselu and Perez for the foreseeable future" make me laugh considering they are just as likely to play shit

Our next match is Man City away. We may as well stick me up front.

Guest firetotheworks

It's totally OK to demand your players stay onside - I f***ing lose my mind over Yedlin being offside every single game [emoji38]

Nonsense. I said that the Gayle offside call was close because of Tom Carroll's position and not at all miles offside like you claimed.

Rafa should have brought Murphy on... well actually he should have started Murphy.

Game should have been out of sight by half time but poor finishing cost us again.

Have no qualms with the players effort and desire. Although Shelvey is a huffy little twat.

Dummett, Atsu and Perez had good games.

Just back from the match and that was shite, we are so slow and ponderous, we hardly ever pass and move and make options we just stick to the same formation no matter what, it's just so Fucking boring

Okayish performance. Dire result. Had we have a decent striker in our ranks we'd have scored 2 or 3 in the first half and put the game to bed. Can't blame Rafa for that at all. But we went in 0-0 at HT and we came out in the second half and pretty much let them come back into it. Poor.

We need players. Are we going to get them? Not holding my breath.

Guest Howaythetoon

I agree that a top striker would have burried at least one of the Gayle headers given us a half-time lead no doubt, but there was no excuse for the second half in how we approached it and how we went about it even after we equalised. Those missed chances didn’t prevent us picking up 3 points, that second half did. Had we went at them the same as we did in the first half there would have been more chances as we were knocking on the door and one or more would have been converted.

Plain and simple.  If we had a striker that could score regularly we would have been out of sight by half time

A striker of real quality would have given us 3 points today. Unacceptable from both sides of the takeover that we haven't invested.

There's only one person to blame for this, Staveley is offering help but Ashley is refusing to pay upfront with the offer of payback.

I agree that a top striker would have burried at least one of the Gayle headers given us a half-time lead no doubt, but there was no excuse for the second half in how we approached it and how we went about it even after we equalised. Those missed chances didn’t prevent us picking up 3 points, that second half did. Had we went at them the same as we did in the first half there would have been more chances as we were knocking on the door and one or more would have been converted.

Agreed

Plain and simple.  If we had a striker that could score regularly we would have been out of sight by half time

A striker of real quality would have given us 3 points today. Unacceptable from both sides of the takeover that we haven't invested.

There's only one person to blame for this, Staveley is offering help but Ashley is refusing to pay upfront with the offer of payback.

Takeover should have been done before the window opened or even before now

Just back from the match and that was s****, we are so slow and ponderous, we hardly ever pass and move and make options we just stick to the same formation no matter what, it's just so f***ing boring

All I have seen is the first 30 mins and that was far from the truth. Obviously the game went downhill from there but you seem to be blowing it a little out of proportion.

Takeover should have been done before the window opened or even before now

There's no evidence to prove who is at fault for that tbf, my gut tells me it's business as usual by Ashley with his moving of goalposts and unrealistic expectations, he has to win at all costs, he's said he wants a price and they have valued the club at less. You can't blame PCP for not being held to ransom, they owe us nothing.