Ray Wilkins dies aged 61

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Very good footballer for his position, nice guy, solid professional but a terrible pundit, so let’s not rewrite history there.  :embarrassed:

RIP Ray

I thought he was canny myself, he’d waffle on when in the studio, but co commentating he was good I thought.

His opinions on us were full of cliche riddled southern claptrap. He knew the game, but he didn’t know any team outside on London or top 4.

I always thought he was often bang on about us, big club, should be doing better, huge passionate fan base, great atmosphere etc. If anything it was the great atmosphere that was the cliche because as we all know, it’s the exception to the rule at SJP.

Reckoned Rafa shouldn’t have been given our job and should have went to and Englishman for starters.  :lol:

No different to many a pundit and many a fan to be fair...

Anyway he was a top player for England, had a stellar club career for various clubs home and abroad, seemed a nice guy and always seemed to speak well of us so again RIP.

Very good footballer for his position, nice guy, solid professional but a terrible pundit, so let’s not rewrite history there.  :embarrassed:

RIP Ray

Needless. No one's reinventing. It's very simple, not everyone has the same opinion.

The Fucking irony  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

RIP Ray

Needless. No one's reinventing. It's very simple, not everyone has the same opinion.

The Fucking irony  [emoji38]

:rolleyes: Whatever.

I personally didn’t like him as a pundit but he was certainly still streets ahead of the likes of Michale Owen. But that’s hardly important now.

It’s dissapointing news to read and thoughts go out to the family. May he Rest In Peace. Life is so fragile. You can be here today and gone tomorrow just like that.

Always came across as a decent man and, although he could get a bit PFM, was always entertaining when I heard him on the radio.  Great player, by all accounts a very good coach and a good guy.  RIP.

Guest chopey

The pock faced reporter guy that was so insulting to Wilkins on talksport a few months back has been very quiet