Newcastle United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion - 28/04/18 - post match from page 9

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

If you were only following the match on here and not watching it, you'd think we'd been absolutely terrible. It really hasn't been. One mistake/a good ball by Livermore and we're under par against a team that are on a new manager bounce/have something to play for no matter how unlikely. We've still hit the post and had two other big chances.

In the circumstances it's not the end of the world that we're 1-0 down, we should improve second half.

We were awful until they scored

I disagree. And even then, so what? The moaning carried on until half time.

Your expectations are pretty low

Nah, they're just not stupidly entitled now that Rafa's pulled off a miracle getting us safe.

If you were only following the match on here and not watching it, you'd think we'd been absolutely terrible. It really hasn't been. One mistake/a good ball by Livermore and we're under par against a team that are on a new manager bounce/have something to play for no matter how unlikely. We've still hit the post and had two other big chances.

In the circumstances it's not the end of the world that we're 1-0 down, we should improve second half.

Nah, they're just not stupidly entitled now that Rafa's pulled off a miracle getting us safe.

That's irrelevant. I don't feel entitled to a good performance, it doesn't mean that it's wrong to call a bad performance a bad performance

Guest firetotheworks

That's irrelevant. I don't feel entitled to a good performance, it doesn't mean that it's  wrong to call a bad performance a bad performance

Like I said, I disagree with you about it being a bad performance. That's the beginning and end of it really. You brought up expectations.

That's irrelevant. I don't feel entitled to a good performance, it doesn't mean that it's  wrong to call a bad performance a bad performance

Like I said, I disagree with you about it being a bad performance. That's the beginning and end of it really. You brought up expectations.

Aye your expectations for what you consider a decent performance. I don't know how you could argue the first half an hour of this wasn't awful considering we're at home to one of the worst teams in the league

Guest firetotheworks

Aye your expectations for what you consider a decent performance. I don't know how you could argue the first half an hour of this wasn't awful considering we're at home to one of the worst teams in the league

Nope. Saying it's not a bad performance isn't the same as saying it's a decent performance. It's not that hard to fathom, there's a scale of bad Newcastle performances in the Premier League and I don't think this is anywhere near being one of them.

Not to be all 'this place' but yeah, this place.

Nope. Saying it's not a bad performance isn't the same as saying it's a decent performance. It's not that hard to fathom, there's a scale of bad Newcastle performances in the Premier League and I don't think this is anywhere near being one of them.

Right, not creating anything in a half an hour at home to one of the worst teams in the league isn't a bad performance, fair enough

Guest firetotheworks

Right, not creating anything in a half an hour at home to one of the worst teams in the league isn't a bad performance, fair enough

If only football was that simple. :lol:

They're fighting for their lives, we're not.

We're safe, they're not.

They've got new manager bounce.

They're unbeaten since Pardew left.

It was half an hour.

After that half an hour, we hit the post and had 2 great chances - the moaning continued.

But yeah, everything's bad forever because we weren't up to the same standards of our previous run, for half an hour.

Like I said, this place.

If only football was that simple. :lol:

They're fighting for their lives, we're not.

We're safe, they're not.

They've got new manager bounce.

They're unbeaten since Pardew left.

It was half an hour.

After that half an hour, we hit the post and had 2 great chances - the moaning continued.

But yeah, everything's bad forever because we weren't up to the same standards of our previous run, for half an hour.

Like I said, this place.

No one said that though.