The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

Anyone put any bets on for the season? I've stuck a tenna on...

Chelsea to win the Premiership

Birmingham to win the Championship.

Nottingham Forest to win League One.

Swindon Town to win League Two.

Gretna to win the Scottish First Division

Morton to win the Scottish Second Division

Stenhousemuir to win the Scottish Third Division

PSV to win the Dutch League

Barcelona to win La Liga

Inter to win Serie A.

Potential winnings = £71,173.77

...and no doubt the obligatory 5 minutes on Sky Sports News where I tell them I'll get a Box with my winnings, and I'm cracking a bottle of champagne open with a couple of Nuts "models" on each arm.

I used to work for a leading north east financial institution, and the place was full of gimps I hated it, there were good people though, but most were cunts.  There was one lad I got on particularly well with, he was a really funny lad, from Ponteland but rough as a badger, he suppprted the toon, had a season ticket, but honestly he didn't have a clue aboot footbaal.  So one dinner time we had a walk down Gosforth High Street and he was asking me advice on who to pick on his £2 4 team accumulator for his end of season champions.

I picked Man Utd, Sunderland, Fulham and I couldn't make my mind up between Brentford and Cambridge.  So I had the top 3 divisions sorted and he took Brentford and I took Cambridge.  Man Utd won it by a point when they beat Spurs 2-1.  The mackems and Fulham absolutely pissed it.  With 3 games to go Cambridge had 80 points and Brentford 76.  All Cambridge needed were 5 points out of 9 to be mathematically certain.  By the time it got to the last day of the season Brentford were on 82 and Cambridge who'd drawn and lost their previous two on 81.  You couldn't have scripted it any better.  Last game of the season me and Chris head to head Cambridge v Brentford.  I still thought they'd do it with home advantage.  I spent the entire day not talking to anyone just staring at teletext then it happened ............Cambridge 0 Brentford 1 Owusu 80, after spending months with the title in their hands they'd fucked it up and that's why I cheered when they went down a few years ago.  The cunt that I'd pick the teams for though, he got £2,100 for his £2, and he said to me after we'd walked down to Ladbrokes, "Steve you picked these so I'm going to give you something but keep it doon in the office."  I was expecting £200 I'd picked the cunts after all.  20 bastaad quid, 20 quid, I didn't say nowt apart from cheers, 20 fuckin quid.

Anyway not put an accumulator on this season, but before a ball was kicked my nap of the season was Sunderland to win the Championship at 9/1, so I'll stay off backing champions for a while.

One bet I will be investing in, partly due to the price, and that's Andy Johnson at 33/1 to finish top scorer, he should be lower than that, and I don't think Boro are unappealling at 14/1 to be relegated.

Premiership Match Betting For The Season.

Newcastle to finish higher than Spurs. 15/8

Everton to finish higher than Boro. 4/5

Blackburn to finisher higher than Bolton. 4/6

Charlton to finish higher than Reading. 8/13

Wigan to finish higher than Fulham. 4/5

West Ham to finish higher than Citeh. 1/1

10 pound accumulator.

Fucking God knows why i picked us to finish above Spurs mind.

Premiership Match Betting For The Season.

Newcastle to finish higher than Spurs. 15/8

Everton to finish higher than Boro. 4/5

Blackburn to finisher higher than Bolton. 4/6

Charlton to finish higher than Reading. 8/13

Wigan to finish higher than Fulham. 4/5

West Ham to finish higher than Citeh. 1/1

10 pound accumulator.

Fucking God knows why i picked us to finish above Spurs mind.

FUUUUUCK ME 4/5!!!!

I think 1/5 would be the price if I was laying the odds.  Rich cunts on here, BobbyShinton, stake your business on that mate, I'm telling you if you're wealthy enough to put 50 grand on that it really is rude not to.

Anyone put any bets on for the season? I've stuck a tenna on...

Chelsea to win the Premiership

Birmingham to win the Championship.

Nottingham Forest to win League One.

Swindon Town to win League Two.

Gretna to win the Scottish First Division

Morton to win the Scottish Second Division

Stenhousemuir to win the Scottish Third Division

PSV to win the Dutch League

Barcelona to win La Liga

Inter to win Serie A.

Potential winnings = £71,173.77

...and no doubt the obligatory 5 minutes on Sky Sports News where I tell them I'll get a Box with my winnings, and I'm cracking a bottle of champagne open with a couple of Nuts "models" on each arm.

I have a feeling AFC Ajax will fuck your bet up.  Some good picks though.

Pissed out in the pub last night my mate bet me £20 that Aston Villa will finish higher than Newcastle this season..stupid disillusioned Celtic fans  :lol:

More chance of Celtic winning the Champions League.

I've got a pound a point on with a pompey fan over the season, but they get a six point headstart - also a pint a goal during the matches which we will hopefully be able to watch in the pub!

Also got a pound a point on with a Blackburn fan.

Last season had a tenner on with a mate that we'd finish above Bolton, halfway through the season he was calling me an idiot etc., etc. - very sweet when Bramble bagged against Chelsea!

Guest DavB93

Not really into betting so bare with me please, I fancy putting a similar bet on. Do you just get a blank sheet and write all them on or is there a special form you fill out. Do they just give you the odds there and then. Sorry for simply question.

Guest ChickenKiev

just put a quid on newcastle to win the league: 150/1

and

toon to beat wigan 2-1, with first goal scorer Bramble: 100/1

Not totally wised up on these accumulators, can you do them in the shop or just online?

Both.

Right...so what would I do in the shop then? Never seen accumulator forms there or anything.

Sorry to sound stupid! :lol:

Not totally wised up on these accumulators, can you do them in the shop or just online?

Both.

Right...so what would I do in the shop then? Never seen accumulator forms there or anything.

You can either write them all down Ally mate on a slip and say who you want to be involved in the accumulator.

Ie

Gretna to win Scottish Division 1

Birmingham to win The Championship

etc

Or ask behind the counter the prices for them to win it and write it down from there.

Both.

Nah do it online, some sites (Betfair, Coral) gives you free 20 pounds bet too! I especially like Betfair, canny coz you can bet for and against, made about 200 quid during the world cup!

Lads heres a good bet for tomorrow, the odds are only 10/11 with boylesports, but the bet is for Arsenal to outscore Newcastle in thier individual games, surely that is a great bet!! Do it boys, make a few quid!!

If O'Leary were still manager, I'd bet the fucking ranch on it.....but he's not.  :|

Lads heres a good bet for tomorrow, the odds are only 10/11 with boylesports, but the bet is for Arsenal to outscore Newcastle in thier individual games, surely that is a great bet!! Do it boys, make a few quid!!

If O'Leary were still manager, I'd bet the fucking ranch on it.....but he's not.  :|

Yeah I know but they still will score a few at the their new stadium, and with us with a 5-4-1, they will outscore us.

Just put on my first accumulator of the season  :)

Event info: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Premiership 

Selection: Arsenal @ 2/7 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Newcastle v Wigan

Premiership 

Selection: Newcastle @ 4/6 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Nottingham Forest v Brighton & Hove Albion

League 1 

Selection: Nottingham Forest @ 8/11 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Gretna v Ross County

Scottish Division One 

Selection: Gretna @ 4/11 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Everton v Watford

Premiership 

Selection: Everton @ 8/13 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Cowdenbeath v Brechin City

Scottish Division Two 

Selection: Cowdenbeath @ 4/6 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Barnsley v Southampton

Championship 

Selection: Southampton @ 11/8 Not Settled To Win 

Event info: Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Celtic (Setanta)

Scottish Premier League 

Selection: Celtic @ 3/10 Not Settled To Win 

£5 , potential winnings >£200, dunno about Celtic though, Everton also.

Like a fish!