Fabian Schär

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, any time that fat phoney Steve Bruce is talking shite about how hard done by he was as manager, the sentence ‘you preferred Ciaran Clark to Fabian Schar’ should silence the fucker (with all due respect to Clark, who was a good servant to the club)

This. 

Should just tie the fat cunt in a room playing that Schar interview on a loop. 

The one where he replies to

"What's changed" with

"Everything" 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, any time that fat phoney Steve Bruce is talking shite about how hard done by he was as manager, the sentence ‘you preferred Ciaran Clark to Fabian Schar’ should silence the fucker (with all due respect to Clark, who was a good servant to the club)

That's how he never learned by his mistakes as a manager, and never developed at all. Terrible mindset and no willingness to learn. Completely ignorant to his own mistakes, and blamed it on bad luck or the world being against him. How to fail as a manager. I think this is what Mourinho also has suffered from, and why he has declined.

Again, the opposite of Howe who will critically analyse every decision that he makes.

Edited by Erikse

On 21/10/2023 at 21:59, Erikse said:

He was even underrated by the Swiss coach at the World Cup.[emoji38] Such a shame that Bruce took away a couple of Schär years from us.. Scary how that man can ruin some good talent. He's like the opposite of Howe in terms of man management. He destroys players at the same rate as Howe develops them.

He is the Anti-Howe

IMG_8651.thumb.jpeg.52376395d15653a4cb8c199fa98ef821.jpeg

21 hours ago, STM said:

He was getting so bored yesterday that he kept dribbling into midfield and attack. Poor sod needs a challenge. 

Also something worth noting.... our right wing benefits from Schar being LCB as he has a better angle for his diagonals. Such a small detail but it's why we were so effective yesterday.

Let’s not forget Murphy having 2 feet makes hell of a difference! No cutting back just full steam ahead [emoji38]

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Let’s not forget Murphy having 2 feet makes hell of a difference! No cutting back just full steam ahead [emoji38]

Murphy was like a second Trippier down that right side on saturday.[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

That's how he never learned by his mistakes as a manager, and never developed at all. Terrible mindset and no willingness to learn. Completely ignorant to his own mistakes, and blamed it on bad luck or the world being against him. How to fail as a manager. I think this is what Mourinho also has suffered from, and why he has declined. They also fail to adapt to new situations.

Again, the opposite of Howe who will critically analyse every decision that he makes.

Absolutely spot on mate. 

Any fluke win under Bruce he would just of walked away and said 'job done'

Even in victory, Howe is watching the tape later....

Why did we win?

What could we have done better? 

What were our weaknesses?

Etc

Funny I said similar about mourinho the other day. I've never ever took to the guy even with the Robson link. He's just an arrogant twat with not a shred of decorum. 

If we'd got him you can guarantee the likes of longstaff, Murphy, almiron would have just been shown the door without getting a chance. 

I managed to get to the game on Saturday and that was one of the best performances I have seen from a centre back in terms of complete control of the game. His passing was immense and when needed, which wasn't often due to the control we had on the game, he defended very well.

One of the most underrated players in the Premier League.

3 hours ago, Weezertron said:

Schar & Trippier. Best CB and RB we've ever had at the club?

I reckon Schar is on par with anyone we've had, but with him having the goods of an elite male model puts him top.

Botman might overtake him in time. 

Skillset maybe, not looks. Never! [emoji38]

Tbh I'm firmly against him in midfield. 

One of the main reasons his long range passing and penetrating runs are so good is because he is in defence. He has time on the ball, he can see the whole pitch and what's going on and can quarterback it from there. The runs work because whilst effective, they are infrequent and unexpected, and we have very smart players in Bruno and Longstaff who know to drop in to cover.

In the middle he's going to get crowded out and receive the ball back-to-goal - it's a completely different skillset.