Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

Mitro aside, our midfield is rank. Diame is back to his usual, and Shelvey didn't impact anything.

The problem the midfield have is the lack of movement and presence up front, they've got nothing to hit and the ball just keeps coming back.

We had 2 glorious chances in the first half. Joselu clean through on goal and shows a total lack of confidence and self belief, dithers trying to decide whether to use his left or his right until he gets tackled having using neither, should have scored.

The second was a free header under no pressure whatsoever by Diame from 10 yards out, didn't even hit the target.

penalty was unfortunate, but correct, but i thought Ayoze was definitley fouled when he turned Maguire and that should have been a pen for us.

Kenedy should have just conceded the throw instead of ridiculously slicing it out for the corner that led to their 2nd.

Lascelles was fouled for that goal as well.

It's alarming how thin on the ground we are, without even any U23 forwards to draw on.

Dunno how any of yous can be bothered anymore.

Not sure I could have less emotional buy in.

It's not the losing that bothers me (I couldn't care less) - it's the knowledge that the good times are gone until Ashley goes.  There is nothing to gain by following the club, unlike the 90's - mid 2000's where there was so much joy to be had.

Until the FCB goes, investing any emotional energy into the club is a fool's errand.

Hence my total apathy to us at the minute.

So have the usual idiots started to turn on Rafa yet?

Of course if he sent us out to attack we'd be smashing the league right now... not getting battered 5-0 every game.

Theres one man to blame for this, and anyone who's to stupid to see that is part of the problem.

Was there really louder boos for a substitution than for Ashley? (who was actually at the game)?

Clubs dead if so.

Harry McGuire is a very clever cheat. He put his hands on Clarke to stop him jumping for his goal, and he definitely tugged Perez for what should have been a penalty. But he's currently an England pin up hero so none of the tv pundits would dare point it out.

Just watched McGuire's goal in slow motion. This guy is obviously a seasoned cheat. He actually tugged Clark's shirt at the collar at just the right moment to kill Clark's jump. He's a bit of a  lumbering cunt in reality, but he's quite cute with it

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have to see his goal again, but there's no way the Perez one was a penalty. Perez held onto him and then pretended to be brought down.

I'd have to see his goal again, but there's no way the Perez one was a penalty. Perez held onto him and then pretended to be brought down.

It was a pen IMO. He turned McGuire who was left dead on his lumbering feet and then stuck his arm in the way to stop him getting past. He's quite cute about it, but he knows how to mask his little tugs and obstructions quite well, it's a good way of covering for his lack of pace.

They did the same corner over and over again, aim for Maguire at the back post and every time they did it we looked all over the place.

They had 3 in a row in the first half, which eventually led to the penalty, and then didn't learn our lesson second half. Would have thought Lascelles would be better marking Maguire than Clark

Watch Perez rather than Maguire. Regardless of what Maguire might do, Perez is trying to turn it into something it's not.

Yeah, would have been an incredibly soft pen. Perez practically pulled Maguire's arm into his midriff to make the contact look more pronounced.

Guest firetotheworks

I still cant get over how people actually booed a substitution given our overal situation :lol: :lol: :lol:

How the fuck can people be so far out of touch with reality? And it was A LOT of people...

The match-going fans are completely different to the fans you'll find elsewhere and especially online in my experience. It's why I think those calling for boycotts and match walk outs are being a bit naive.

I still cant get over how people actually booed a substitution given our overal situation :lol: :lol: :lol:

How the fuck can people be so far out of touch with reality? And it was A LOT of people...

Was Rirchie having a stormer before he was hooked? There seems to be a lot of anger whenever he's subbed, and while he's one of our better players, he's not all that either. He seems to be more popular for being a bit of a radgie rather than impact on the pitch.

Watch Perez rather than Maguire. Regardless of what Maguire might do, Perez is trying to turn it into something it's not.

That's not the point though. Maguire has his back to the ball, his eyes on perez and is fully intent on making sure he doesn't get past him to the ball. As soon as his arm comes out to block Perez it's a foul regardless of the ensuing theatrics and anywhere else on the pitch it would be given as such.

No idea how anyone can try and deny their penalty mind or write it off as unlucky or unfortunate. It's just outrageously reckless from Yedlin, he's literally got his arms in the air like a rugby player trying to charge down a kick, what did he think was going to happen?!? The worst thing of all is the shot was going into row Z as well. whole thing was just so needless and self inflicted and perfectly sums up nufc at the minute.

Guest firetotheworks

That's not the point though. Maguire has his back to the ball, his eyes on perez and is fully intent on making sure he doesn't get past him to the ball. As soon as his arm comes out to block Perez it's a foul regardless of the ensuing theatrics and anywhere else on the pitch it would be given as such.

Maguire putting his arm out doesn't make it a foul or penalty at all.