Miguel Almirón

Deuce

In a non-FFP world I would rather keep him as a squad player but this makes a ton of sense in reality. He's nearing the age where his value plummets and getting even £20m for him would be great. We need to sell players to be able to build the squad and his age is a massive factor in that. We'll miss his running and reliable fitness but he's one of the first starters we simply need to upgrade. Hope Murphy has a great spell from here to the end of the season so we can move him for £15-20m in the summer too.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Understand that shearergol wants a threesome with Margot Robbie and Michelle keegan. Talks ongoing.

MAIL EXCLUSIVE: Margot Robbie REJECTS threesome with Shearergol and Michelle Keegan.  Keegan understood to be interested.  Swap deal for Robbie possible. 

We should be taking the piss with this one. Worse players have gone there for less money.

35-40m would do nicely and may prevent the need for any other outgoings.

6 minutes ago, Jagten said:

His Transfermarkt value is 30m euros, which I believe is a legit point of reference commonly used in negotiations. We can justify that fee, which would be excellent business. 

If we're after that for him he'll be going nowhere. £15m would be a decent fee for him, £20m would be outrageous.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

We should be taking the piss with this one. Worse players have gone there for less money.

35-40m would do nicely and may prevent the need for any other outgoings.

What planet are you on?

I love Miggy and agree with everyone who said we'll miss him more than anyone thinks, but anywhere near £30m and he should be sent on the Crown Prince's personal aircraft.

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Really?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/19/top-football-clubs-relying-on-transfer-valuations-made-by-volunteers

Valuations by the football data website Transfermarkt, which can often influence transfer negotiations and have appeared on several clubs’ annual financial reports, are determined mainly by volunteers, according to an investigation.

These valuations have been cited in the fiscal reports of several clubs including Lyon, Marseille, Porto and Schalke, but a report by the Dutch website Follow the Money found that they are merely estimates usually based on the hunch of an individual.

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

What planet are you on?

If the club are looking for 30m or more, what’s another 5?

Maxi was 28m and we got robbed.. Miggy is basically on a par in terms of output.

It's PIF money in any case. Any fee that will be agreed will solely be for keeping up appearances. Which we’ve done already.

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d be fucking astonished if it was

Think I've read about it too, some teams/agents really value that number.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Maxi was 28m and we got robbed.. Miggy is basically on a par in terms of output.

It's PIF money in any case. Any fee that will be agreed will solely be for keeping up appearances. Which we’ve done already.

He's about to turn 30 and is the most one footed player in history. Why do so many on here take no account of a players age in transfer fees? Some expecting Trippier to go for £20m+ plus when he's 33.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Miggy has far more value to us than ASM ever did under Howe, but ASM brings more value to the Saudi league than Miggy would. We didn’t get robbed for 28m imo, at 35m it wouldn’t have been steep but I’m not sure if any of the serious sides from the top 5 leagues would have shown any interest in ASM at that point.. I think the fee was reasonable.

Edited by Nine

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Except it's not PIF money

I know Al-Shabab are not one of the four but they’re a club who play the poor mouth.. to say there isn’t state money flowing in to afford 20+ million pound bids for players is fanciful.

25 minutes ago, Jagten said:

His Transfermarkt value is 30m euros, which I believe is a legit point of reference commonly used in negotiations. We can justify that fee, which would be excellent business. 

Miggy's figures over the last two seasons have actually been pretty decent so it's not outrageous to think he might fetch £25m. Not from any serious European club but a non-affiliated Saudi club, why not?

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I know Al-Shabab are not one of the four but they’re a club who play the poor mouth.. to say there isn’t state money flowing in to afford 20+ million pound bids for players is fanciful.

Who gives a fuck?

9 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He's 29, not 39 and about to retire :lol:

For a player that relies primarily on pace and stamina, 29 is not far off his shelf life at the top level.