Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Harvey Barnes: Newcastle star could afford Miguel Almiron a rest

Though generally operating on the opposite side to Miguel Almiron, a return for Barnes could offer his teammate a rest.

Almiron has hardly convinced in recent weeks, with frustrations said to have boiled overduring the Boxing Day defeat to Nottingham Forest when a member of staff reportedly punched the dugout when watching the forward avoid using his right foot. [emoji38]

29 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Was I just imagining it as I was pretty hungover at the match on Tuesday, but did he come close to scoring the most bizarre of own goals in the second half?

He did [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, jackflap said:

In fairness I think the ball was going out for a corner when you see the angle from behind the goal but the way he's been playing you'd have every reason to expect the ball to end up in the net

No fairness about it, you don’t kick the ball towards your goal when needing to clear a cross [emoji38]

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Though generally operating on the opposite side to Miguel Almiron, a return for Barnes could offer his teammate a rest.

Almiron has hardly convinced in recent weeks, with frustrations said to have boiled overduring the Boxing Day defeat to Nottingham Forest when a member of staff reportedly punched the dugout when watching the forward avoid using his right foot. [emoji38]

The groan in the first half where he could have hit it across goal with his right foot first time, but cut back instead to get it onto his left, that collective groan was something else.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Barnes is due back about the same.time as Murphy isn't he ?

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

The steadfast refusal to use the right foot is genuinely incomprehensible. Like it’s at the point where he needs to talk to a psychologist about it. :lol: 

When I was a kid I used to belt the ball against the wall with my weaker left foot. Within a week of doing that I started to shoot, cross and even intercept using my left foot...and I turned out to be shite. 

Why the FUCK are Howe and the training staff not making him improve his weak foot?

Take a fucking training session and make him hit every cunt with it instead of making him run around cones and shit 

16 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd say the Barnes comeback is a bit hazy. they decided not to operate and let the foot heal on it's own, then as soon as he tried comeback he felt pain, so theyve decided to try the same thing again without an operation which doesn't fill me with hope. We will get to the end of Jan and they will say needs an operation then out for the season 

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Tell that  to every defender who has put through his own net!!!

He intentionally kicked it that way while not under pressure, all because he is shit scared of his own right foot. [emoji38] It was absolutely ludicrous.

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

ahaha. Where’s this taken from?

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38] class. Almiron scored a class goal with his right peg away to Howes Bournemouth as well during Covid. 

Did he kick it in off his right with his left, a right foot ricochet [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

15 hours ago, madras said:

Non update from Howe on him this morning. Doubt we’ll see him before Villa, probably early February more realistically given the time he’s been out.