Newcastle United 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 - post match from p20

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

The last time we had a player sent off against us in the Premier League. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Boly's literally just jumped up and full blast elbowed Perez in the face, in the penalty area, right in front of the ref.

Play on.

Almost 6 years ago. If I didn’t laugh I’d cry. :lol:

:lol:

I got it wrong, but there's barely any difference. It was January 2014 the last time an opposition player was sent off, and December 2013 the last time we had any man advantage.

Watch Manquillo slowly jog back. I suppose he had cramp though after playing 45 mins must be shattered

That sub cost us too it made and makes no sense

What would you have done? Kenedy?

I wouldn't have played 3 at the back from the start.  Only works to me if at least one is a decent passer.  Dummett, play him left back and put Ritchie back in midfield.

The not fit Dummett or the other imaginary one?

The one that was sub.  Like what's your point? That Benitez had no choice as he is Zeus returned from the Gods ?

Ryder gave lascelles a 6.  :mackems:

and Yedlin the bloke is an absolute fucking joke

and Ritchie wow three players who were all abysmal

That elbow is astonishing. One of the clearest fouls you’ll ever see. Ref claimed the ball hit Perez in the face???

I thought it was the ball that hit him in the face as well but i haven't seen a replay of it. It was obvious afterwards when he had a hankie in his hand and was raging (and playing like a man possessed as well) that there was more to it .

Last season people were crying because we didn't play 4-4-2- we did, then kept getting bashed.

This season people have, and will, cry about formations. Formations are a big part of the game, and should never be underestimated, but the truth is that no matter what system we put out there we will always struggle because we have a team of average-poor players.

You cannot play football from the back with Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Manquillo.

That aside, what a fucking load of shite the match has become. Proper cack atmosphere- no fucker wants to sing about from about 50 people in the Gallowgate/Corner. Same old stale chants, same old shit football and even worse results.

NUFC is a total write off until Ashley sells. Bar Benitez, nothing good has happened to this club for well over a decade and there is nothing to believe our fortunes will change. There is no reason that, bar from a small core of supporters, the supporters deserve the situation to change.

No protest today- there's your fucking result you bunch of whinge-back, spineless fanny's who have been bottling even chanting anti-Ashley songs, let alone joining in a protest. We're in a pointless existence and years of surrender from 95% of our fanbase has led us to this. Truly sickening.

A waste of time is NUFC. Gives nothing back. Fucking whore of a club.

I hate these cunts. Their technical area celebrated their goal as if they’d just won the champions league final. Played a nothing game all day, were dirty, and won by two defensive mistakes. Fuck them.

The goal keeper ran the length of the field to join in and the whole bench was onto the side of the pitch goin mental Like you say you'd think they'd just won the world cup.

Last season people were crying because we didn't play 4-4-2- we did, then kept getting bashed.

This season people have, and will, cry about formations. Formations are a big part of the game, and should never be underestimated, but the truth is that no matter what system we put out there we will always struggle because we have a team of average-poor players.

You cannot play football from the back with Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Manquillo.

That aside, what a f***ing load of s**** the match has become. Proper cack atmosphere- no f***er wants to sing about from about 50 people in the Gallowgate/Corner. Same old stale chants, same old s*** football and even worse results.

NUFC is a total write off until Ashley sells. Bar Benitez, nothing good has happened to this club for well over a decade and there is nothing to believe our fortunes will change. There is no reason that, bar from a small core of supporters, the supporters deserve the situation to change.

No protest today- there's your f***ing result you bunch of whinge-back, spineless fanny's who have been bottling even chanting anti-Ashley songs, let alone joining in a protest. We're in a pointless existence and years of surrender from 95% of our fanbase has led us to this. Truly sickening.

A waste of time is NUFC. Gives nothing back. f***ing whore of a club.

Good post.

The non protesters do deserve this shit like.

Lost seven of our nine home games. That’s fucking lifting like.

We are the underdogs home and away thanks to Ashley and our game suits us on the road better and suits the opposition at our ground better as underdogs.

To be an underdog at home in 2018 to a newly promoted Wolves or a Brighton or a Bournemouth says it all though.

That entire midfield and attack works for us defensively off the ball very well at times, but offensively there is no real attacking threat or creativity on the ball going forward, which coupled with Rafa’s gameplan and tactics makes it hard for us to go at teams at home and get 3 points. This gameplan and tactics stems from having such a weak and limited midfield and attack of course.

I’ve advocted we be more attacking and take more risks at home, which will be more pleasing on the eye, but I don’t think it would bring about a big enough change in results.

Until Rafa is backed financialy where we can put out a better team than a lot of teams around us and with better attacking players, we will always be the underdog even at home and against teams like Brighton. Therefore points will always be hard to come by.

Every home win under Rafa has been either a narrow win with backs to the wall football like against Man Utd last season, even afairs or against a team on holiday or in a bad run of form.

The best we have played at home offensively was against Chelsea and Arsenal last season, but they were awful and going through the motions and even then they enjoyed more possession and had enough chances to win the game or get a point from it.

I didn’t see our game today mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised even with 11 men if Wolves had more possession, more chances and looked the better team.

This isn’t going to change unless Rafa gets the fund to replace that midfield and attack with some quality players on the ball and offensively.

Our best offensive player is Kennedy, but he will spend more time in his own half than the opposition’s and on the ball less time with it in the final 3rd where the odd time he does, he’s going to struggle to do something positive because he’s not someone who can just produce some magic at the flick of a switch, less so when he does get the ball the nearest forward player is deep in our half or isolated up front on his own.

That applies to Perez as well who when he does get on the ball free, he has to run at his man because there is no one to pass to or not enough bodies forward to create an attack. Because he’s weak and lacks pace he’ll run into trouble or lose the ball.

Rondon spends more time 40 yards from goal and when he does get up where are the crosses? Where is the support? He’s effectively a defensive front man to win headers, fouls and try and hold the ball up.

Without reading all of that, I thought we played really well today, especially second half when were down to 10 men.

The injury time winner was a sickener but i can't get downheartened over that performance especially when players i don't particularly rate (Atsu) run their legs off and play really well.

Need 6 points from the next 2 though.

That aside, what a fucking load of shite the match has become. Proper cack atmosphere- no fucker wants to sing about from about 50 people in the Gallowgate/Corner. Same old stale chants, same old shit football and even worse results.

No protest today- there's your fucking result you bunch of whinge-back, spineless fanny's who have been bottling even chanting anti-Ashley songs, let alone joining in a protest. We're in a pointless existence and years of surrender from 95% of our fanbase has led us to this. Truly sickening.

Same old shit football? Anyone can see we played well today. Otherwise, I'm with you 100%.

Ryder gave lascelles a 6.  :mackems:

and Yedlin the bloke is an absolute fucking joke

and Ritchie wow three players who were all abysmal

the cunt doesn't even mention the elbow in his match report and Waugh basically brushes over it in his 5 things we learned - why do we have the worst journalists going reporting within the city's reginonal newspaper. I shouldn't be surprised though.

The last time we had a player sent off against us in the Premier League. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Boly's literally just jumped up and full blast elbowed Perez in the face, in the penalty area, right in front of the ref.

Play on.

I got it wrong, but there's barely any difference. It was January 2014 the last time an opposition player was sent off, and December 2013 the last time we had any man advantage.

Think it’s 18 PL red cards shown to us in a row now since the last one in our favour. 18 in a row......absolutely nothing suspect about that at all.

Play on.

Think it’s 18 PL red cards shown to us in a row now since the last one in our favour. 18 in a row......absolutely nothing suspect about that at all.

How many pens for and against in the same time also - I know teams get bad decisions but the facts don't lie where we are concerned.

Play on.

How many pens for and against in the same time also - I know teams get bad decisions but the facts don't lie where we are concerned.

Even if you assume that refs are twice as likely to show us a red as opposed to our opponents the odds of 18 in a row against us are still nearly 1500-1  :cheesy:

Play on.

It's not just the.numbers it's the context behind it. I'm fucking sick of seeing the opposition constantly being given the benefit of the doubt whereas any opportunity to show our players a red card and out it comes. It's like there's a secret fund all clubs pay into for the referees xmas party and we're too tight to chip in, or something.

The penalties thing I'm not as concerned about, most controversial decisions against us that I can recall have mainly been against the top teams and everyone else has to deal with that.

thought both sides were pretty crap, we played ok and didnt deserve the end result, little things fuck me off though and why did Perez decide not to go into the corner at the end is beyond me........and our captain had a shocker all game.

a point thrown away  :undecided:

was Ashley there today?

You can’t blame Perez there Covmag. He had a Chance to play someone in and it didn’t come off but we handful of players not make a tackle or stop Jota. That was idiotic defending.

prob a bit harsh as he put a shift in, just hard to take losing it, but little things dont help us.

Watch Manquillo slowly jog back. I suppose he had cramp though after playing 45 mins must be shattered

That sub cost us too it made and makes no sense

What would you have done? Kenedy?

I wouldn't have played 3 at the back from the start.  Only works to me if at least one is a decent passer.  Dummett, play him left back and put Ritchie back in midfield.

The not fit Dummett or the other imaginary one?

The one that was sub.  Like what's your point? That Benitez had no choice as he is Zeus returned from the Gods ?

Nope, I even offered kenedy as the alternative. However, pretty much every fucker on here complained about the 4 at the back against West Ham, so I reckon your “point” is in hindsight.

Play on.

Even if you assume that refs are twice as likely to show us a red as opposed to our opponents the odds of 18 in a row against us are still nearly 1500-1  :cheesy: