Newcastle United 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 - post match from p20

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Lost seven of our nine home games. That’s fucking lifting like.

We are the underdogs home and away thanks to Ashley and our game suits us on the road better and suits the opposition at our ground better as underdogs.

To be an underdog at home in 2018 to a newly promoted Wolves or a Brighton or a Bournemouth says it all though.

That entire midfield and attack works for us defensively off the ball very well at times, but offensively there is no real attacking threat or creativity on the ball going forward, which coupled with Rafa’s gameplan and tactics makes it hard for us to go at teams at home and get 3 points. This gameplan and tactics stems from having such a weak and limited midfield and attack of course.

I’ve advocted we be more attacking and take more risks at home, which will be more pleasing on the eye, but I don’t think it would bring about a big enough change in results.

Until Rafa is backed financialy where we can put out a better team than a lot of teams around us and with better attacking players, we will always be the underdog even at home and against teams like Brighton. Therefore points will always be hard to come by.

Every home win under Rafa has been either a narrow win with backs to the wall football like against Man Utd last season, even afairs or against a team on holiday or in a bad run of form.

The best we have played at home offensively was against Chelsea and Arsenal last season, but they were awful and going through the motions and even then they enjoyed more possession and had enough chances to win the game or get a point from it.

I didn’t see our game today mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised even with 11 men if Wolves had more possession, more chances and looked the better team.

This isn’t going to change unless Rafa gets the fund to replace that midfield and attack with some quality players on the ball and offensively.

Our best offensive player is Kennedy, but he will spend more time in his own half than the opposition’s and on the ball less time with it in the final 3rd where the odd time he does, he’s going to struggle to do something positive because he’s not someone who can just produce some magic at the flick of a switch, less so when he does get the ball the nearest forward player is deep in our half or isolated up front on his own.

That applies to Perez as well who when he does get on the ball free, he has to run at his man because there is no one to pass to or not enough bodies forward to create an attack. Because he’s weak and lacks pace he’ll run into trouble or lose the ball.

Rondon spends more time 40 yards from goal and when he does get up where are the crosses? Where is the support? He’s effectively a defensive front man to win headers, fouls and try and hold the ball up.

Lost seven of our nine home games. That’s fucking lifting like.

We are the underdogs home and away thanks to Ashley and our game suits us on the road better and suits the opposition at our ground better. To be an underdog at home in 2018 to a new;y promoted Wolves or a Brighton or a Bournemouth says it all.

That entire midfield and attack works for us defensively, but offensively there is no real attacking threat or creativity, which coupled with Rafa’s gameplam and tactics makes it hard for us to go at teams at home. This gameplan and tactics stems from having such a weak and limited midfield and attack of course.

Until Rafa is backed financial where we can put out a better team than others with better attacking players, we will always be the underdog even at home and against teams like Brighton.

Every home win under Rafa has been either a narrow win with backs to the wall football or against a team on holiday or in a bad run of form.

The best we have played at home offensively was against Chelsea and Arsenal last season, but they were awful.

I didn’t see our game today mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised even with 11 men Wolves had more possession, more chances and looked the better team.

Complete opposite actually, we where on top for the majority of the game, even at 10 men.

Our defending for both their goals was totally absymal.

Considering how much importance Rafa gives to being organised at the back he must find that really infuriating. Especially as he would have put that right two years ago if he was allowed to bring in some quality.

Lost seven of our nine home games. That’s f***ing lifting like.

I didn’t see our game today mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised even with 11 men Wolves had more possession, more chances and looked the better team.

You'd be wrong

Guest neesy111

Our defending for both their goals was totally absymal.

Considering how much importance Rafa gives to being organised at the back he must find that really infuriating. Especially as he would have put that right two years ago if he was allowed to bring in some quality.

Think that shows bad the quality is at club, Rafa is making the difference with a poor bunch.

The last time we had a player sent off against us in the Premier League. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Boly's literally just jumped up and full blast elbowed Perez in the face, in the penalty area, right in front of the ref.

Play on.

Almost 6 years ago. If I didn’t laugh I’d cry. :lol:

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Lost seven of our nine home games. That’s f***ing lifting like.

You'd be wrong

Did we create lots of chances, have many shots at goal?

The last time we had a player sent off against us in the Premier League. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. Boly's literally just jumped up and full blast elbowed Perez in the face, in the penalty area, right in front of the ref.

Play on.

Almost 6 years ago. If I didn’t laugh I’d cry. :lol:

:lol:

Was 2014 like

Watch Manquillo slowly jog back. I suppose he had cramp though after playing 45 mins must be shattered

That sub cost us too it made and makes no sense

What would you have done? Kenedy?

I wouldn't have played 3 at the back from the start.  Only works to me if at least one is a decent passer.  Dummett, play him left back and put Ritchie back in midfield.

Watch Manquillo slowly jog back. I suppose he had cramp though after playing 45 mins must be shattered

That sub cost us too it made and makes no sense

What would you have done? Kenedy?

I wouldn't have played 3 at the back from the start.  Only works to me if at least one is a decent passer.  Dummett, play him left back and put Ritchie back in midfield.

The not fit Dummett or the other imaginary one?

Wolves midfield 3 were sat 10 yards in front of their back 4. They were quite happy to let us pass it back and forth in front of them. possession stats flatter to deceive.

I love Rafa but 3-5-2 was a bad choice Ritchie is never a LWB and we frankly looked bad and not as well drilled as the normal 4-4-1-1. Wolves looked worse in general but we were undone by some atrocious individual errors.

I hate these c***s. Their technical area celebrated their goal as if they’d just won the champions league final. Played a nothing game all day, were dirty, and won by two defensive mistakes. f*** them.

Every team in the land does that with a 95th minute winner away from home tbh.

Wolves midfield 3 were sat 10 yards in front of their back 4. They were quite happy to let us pass it back and forth in front of them. possession stats flatter to deceive.

I love Rafa but 3-5-2 was a bad choice Ritchie is never a LWB and we frankly looked bad and not as well drilled as the normal 4-4-1-1. Wolves looked worse in general but we were undone by some atrocious individual errors.

Play 5 at the back, play 4 at the back, play 5 at the back. This place can’t make their minds up.

manquillo was our only fit left back btw.