Newcastle United 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 - post match from p20

Greg

I'm sorry like... Kennedy is not to blame for that goal. Lascelles ushering their player into our penalty area from 20 yards outside of it was. Just fucking foul him for christ sakes.

I mean he clearly is partly to blame. How can you absolve him of any blame when its his man who scored? Not tracking your man when you're theyre hitting you on the break is bad, but to not even bother when you've literally just come on is criminal. If Kenedy bothers to follow his man, there's a good chance they dont score.

You can have a go at players all you want for not having the talent, but to not bother following your man when you've just come on is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sorry like... Kennedy is not to blame for that goal. Lascelles ushering their player into our penalty area from 20 yards outside of it was. Just fucking foul him for christ sakes.

He's not the only one to blame, but he certainly has to take some of the blame for such staggering laziness having just came on the pitch. The attack should've been stopped earlier but if Kenedy gets back it probably isn't a goal.

Even Ki could have clipped his heel and took a tactical yellow.

The goalscorer sprinted passed Kenedy though which was very poor.

Ki had already been booked.

He's not the only one to blame, but he certainly has to take some of the blame for such staggering laziness having just came on the pitch. The attack should've been stopped earlier but if Kenedy gets back it probably isn't a goal.

Yes probably leaving it for someone else to deal with though, just like Yedlin did on the first one.

Like I've said further back in this thread,  we are carrying half a squad with no footballing brains.

Lascelles had a shocker yes but not one tackle from our midfield on the way to that goal. Ki already on a yellow, why didn’t anyone else trip the cunt?

Kenedy. Fresh legs, just watched his man sprint into the box. Lazy cunt with a shit attitude. Rafa looks to have finally copped onto this too.

Lascelles looks a shadow of himself ever since Fernandez came in and showed everyone what decent defending looks like. Captain my arse.

Without Schär passing from the back we looked one dimensional once again. Thankfully he’s not injured as we need him.

Lascelles had a shocker yes but not one tackle from our midfield on the way to that goal. Ki already on a yellow, why didn’t anyone else trip the cunt?

Kenedy. Fresh legs, just watched his man sprint into the box. Lazy cunt with a shit attitude. Rafa looks to have finally copped onto this too.

Lascelles looks a shadow of himself ever since Fernandez came in and showed everyone what decent defending looks like. Captain my arse.

Without Schär passing from the back we looked one dimensional once again. Thankfully he’s not injured as we need him.

Who ran 60 yards and made a game saving tackle in one of our only home wins, you're fucking mental  :lol:

DERMOT SAYS: I think Mike Dean believes Boly is using his arm for leverage rather than a weapon. If you look at it, he raises his arms, which all players do to get off the ground. I thought the ball had hit him in the face anyhow - which it does eventually - but I don't think he throws his elbow, it's always there. Because of the challenge for the ball, there's no doubt he connects with him, but I think it is just a thing that happens. It is physical contact but I don't think it is something where he has gone to hit him.

It's just a thing that happens, tbf.

DERMOT SAYS: I think Mike Dean believes Boly is using his arm for leverage rather than a weapon. If you look at it, he raises his arms, which all players do to get off the ground. I thought the ball had hit him in the face anyhow - which it does eventually - but I don't think he throws his elbow, it's always there. Because of the challenge for the ball, there's no doubt he connects with him, but I think it is just a thing that happens. It is physical contact but I don't think it is something where he has gone to hit him.

It's just a thing that happens to Newcastle players, tbf. Anyone else it's assault.

Even Ki could have clipped his heel and took a tactical yellow.

The goalscorer sprinted passed Kenedy though which was very poor.

Ki was already on a yellow. It was more Lascelles' fault, but Kenedy to lose the ball there and not track back was fucking criminal.

Kenedy is clearly partly to blame for the winner but I don't think it's down to a shit attitude or lack of work ethic, purely a lack of brains. He's jogging in the first frame of that series of pictures when Doherty is ever so slightly behind him. The second frame shows him trying to get back when he's realised he's fucked up by not anticipating the run from his opposite number. He can usually defend ok in terms of trying to get back to help his full back in a 4-4-2 and in terms of putting tackles in, but he just lacks defensive intelligence and by the time he's realised his mistake and tried to get back it's too late.