Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/18 post match diving from pg 12

Disco

In the current climate, it's a pathetic chant and is a slap in the face for the workers of NUFC Foodbank who do lots of vital work.

The climate was worse when the chant probably started than it is now. And as others have pointed out our region has never been better off than anyone’s let alone Liverpool’s. So you can either not take it so serious or you can and be offended I suppose.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's terrible. Extremely embarrasing, hypocriticaland adds stigma to vulnerable people.

Makes us look like complete and utter cunts like those in the House of Commons. I’m all for banter, but those chants make less sense today than they did in the 70s and 80s where at least people didn’t need food banks. Housing slums? Those have been knocked down and replaced with fancy apartments in 2018 Britain, slum tenants now slum the streets.

Guest neesy111

In the current climate, it's a pathetic chant and is a slap in the face for the workers of NUFC Foodbank who do lots of vital work.

The climate was worse when the chant probably started than it is now. And as others have pointed out our region has never been better off than anyone’s let alone Liverpool’s. So you can either not take it so serious or you can and be offended I suppose.

Well most people I speak to say the situation is worse now than the 80's in terms of the amount of families not being able to put food on the plate and utterly reliant on food banks.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s much worse now because the cost of living is so high now where living in a slum for some would be considered a luxury.

It’s no coincidence that homelessness is at its highest and food banks are popping up quicker than Donald Trump’s posts on Twitter.

The slum percentage from the 70s and 80s is higher today in 2018 despite all of the rejuvenation and modernisation of our respective cities.

I'd be surprised if there weren't people back then who thought it was shite as well.

Nah. They normally not give a shit and sung about how many trophies they’d won iirc :lol:

It’s similar to the West Ham chant that still gets sung I suppose. Arguably in bad taste and always has been or factually correct.

On a slightly different note It’s drifting out the games sadly but back in the day you used normally have one particular chant for each individual  fixture.

Guest neesy111

It’s much worse now because the cost of living is so high now where living in a slum for some would be considered a luxury.

It’s no coincidence that homelessness is at its highest and food banks are popping up quicker than Donald Trump’s posts on Twitter.

The slum percentage from the 70s and 80s is higher today in 2018 despite all of the rejuvenation and modernisation of our respective cities.

The state of this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/right-to-buy-homes-sold-private-landlords-latest-figures-rent-a8098126.html

LFEE can talk, sunning it in Africa with such luxuries as AC while Britain starves but for foodbanks ;)

:lol: Don’t forget my job is finding homes for the homeless along with other socially deprived and abused people. I’m allowed a break from it. This time I’m living it. Western Africa is truely desperate. Did you say you’d been to Kenya?

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be surprised if there weren't people back then who thought it was s**** as well.

Nah. They normally not give a s*** and sung about how many trophies they’d won iirc :lol:

It’s similar to the West Ham chant that still gets sung I suppose. Arguably in bad taste and always has been or factually correct.

On a slightly different note It’s drifting out the games sadly but back in the day you used normally have one particular chant for each individual  fixture.

I meant in our own support tbh, but I get what you're saying. I dunno man, it just feels like a chant for Tories to me.

Don't get the hate for Rafa.  He has shite to work with.  Half the players he bought were players that he rushed in when he finally had some (scant) money made available before a window closed.  The club made a 20M profit last window and it looks like we'll do naught but window shop in this window.  The only reason we won't sell anyone is because no one wants the drek he has to put on the pitch.  Fake takeover news, fucking spaghetti and meatball dinners, players having to fight for a bonus and another cancelled Christmas party makes running this club like running through a mine field.  The man is a saint.  Clearly the only reason he has stayed is because of the support of the fans. 

The man should have rose petals tossed everywhere he walks.

I'd be surprised if there weren't people back then who thought it was s**** as well.

Nah. They normally not give a s*** and sung about how many trophies they’d won iirc :lol:

I meant in our own support tbh, but I get what you're saying. I dunno man, it just feels like a chant for Tories to me.

:thup: I’d like to think most of us on here aren’t deliberately wanting to take the piss out of the poor etc. And there is irony everywhere as the people they are singing it at probably paid as much if not more to attend the game from far and wide. That’s why I try and not take it too serious.

If I wanted to get serious I’d say food banks aren’t the answer and are just covering the deep cracks of society we have in many parts of this country. I’m sure HTT can post pictures of the type of houses I visit and how people are living in the UK. In fact I hope he does as a picture can say a 1000 words which would be quite the change for HTT :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

LFEE can talk, sunning it in Africa with such luxuries as AC while Britain starves but for foodbanks ;)

:lol: Don’t forget my job is finding homes for the homeless along with other socially deprived and abused people. I’m allowed a break from it. This time I’m living it. Western Africa is truely desperate. Did you say you’d been to Kenya?

Aye and as desperate as some parts of Kenya are, given the economic disparity, parts of our own country are just as desperate and even more so.

I know people who use the foodbanks and they are in employment and there is a kind of resentment brewing where those in unemployment look at those who employed and resent them using it. Likewise the employed resent them because they get free housing, benefits and such.

Both sides of the coin have the same head, inequality and unfairness.

There are less slums today, but more people slumming it. Social housing stock in the 70s and 80s was plentiful, but in poor condition. Today it’s not as plentiful and in better condition, but due to the bulldozing of stock and sale o land to developers private landlords have taken over and heir stock is in just as poo condition even today, but costs on average 400 and a month which the government subsidise hevily to the point landlords can afford to add even more poor stock to their portfolio so even more people end up living in slums.

Scotswood where I was raised, to buy a house on my old former street which was sold to developers and modernised would cost me 150k at least today. Those turned out of their social houses for this development in the late 90s and early 2000s ow live in landlord owned private houses that are no better and worse in many cases than the homes the council demolished because they weren’t upto standard or worth modenisining.

Homes again replaced by 150k modern stock not even those with jobs can afford and who do buy one have to go to a foobank just to put food on the table.

It’s a big con claims of things being better today. Its worse. Only the poor from the 70s and 80s now live in a world where everything costs so much more even a job wouldn’t get you out of the slums.

Meanwhile at Buckingham Palace...

Guest Howaythetoon

LFEE not having a go btw, you know the score and are one of the good guys in civil employment RE your job, just the whole foodbank/homelessness/housing thing pisses me off.

LFEE not having a go btw, you know the score and are one of the good guys in civil employment RE your job, just the whole foodbank/homelessness/housing thing pisses me off.

I know you aren’t :thup: I know you better than that and I’d like to think you do of me also.

And you are right about Buckingham Palace. Apparently she gave her speech about everyone doing their bit for the less fortunate with a gold plated piano behind her!

Guest Howaythetoon

:thup: I’d like to think most of us on here aren’t deliberately wanting to take the piss out of the poor etc. And there is irony everywhere as the people they are singing it at probably paid as much if not more to attend the game from far and wide. That’s why I try and not take it too serious.

If I wanted to get serious I’d say food banks aren’t the answer and are just covering the deep cracks of society we have in many parts of this country. I’m sure HTT can post pictures of the type of houses I visit and how people are living in the UK. In fact I hope he does as a picture can say a 1000 words which would be quite the change for HTT :lol:

Foodbanks aren’t the answer and it’s a disgrace they exist, although one MP once remarked they are great and symbolic of the kind hearts in Britain. No they are symbolic of the inequality, unfairness and down right crimes the rich and elite commit in every layer of government and policy when it comes to the underclass and lower working class from birth to death, schooling, jobs, housing, benefits and taxation.

How the stupid cunt Queen can pontificate about the struggles of ordinary folk in England and urge everyone to be more charitable towards their fellow man in her Xmas speech is staggering given she speaks wearing a broach for example worth millions. Honestly man :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I know you aren’t :thup: I know you better than that and I’d like to think you do of me also.

And you are right about Buckingham Palace. Apparently she gave her speech about everyone doing their bit for the less fortunate with a gold plated piano behind her!

:rose:

Patriot Dean is a real man. He has guns to kill the evil liberal baddies. They’re ever so scary for real men.

He’s very scared of liberals; everyday he dreams of whipping out his glock to slay them whilst screaming Rafa Out! 

Expected a tough day today and sounds like it came to pass. We just can't compete against probably the best team in Europe at the moment and yet the Rafa haters are out online tonight. Just a matter of time now before the man walks and who could blame him? Players know he's leaving and are playing as such.

I've sung Feed The Scousers/Liverpool Slums before when I was younger and didn't know better. It's just poor craic given the economic similarities between the two cities (both fucked over by the Tories) We have some real nuggets among our support - I'd wager it's the young coke-heed brigade.