£20 million?

Guest Martin

No question I'd stick James Beattie in the squad if we could pick him up for about £4m. He's a different tpye of striker to the rest at the club (Martins = PACE, Owen = CLINICAL, Sibierski = HOLDER UPPER, Amoebi = SHITE). So he could complement any of them really, perhaps not Sib.

He's had a poor time at Everton but they don't really play to his strengths and he's always done well when I've seen him at St James' so he would be my first buy.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Cicinho= £2m (Worth taking a chance on at this price)

Jankulovski = £4m (Can cover either flank as a full back)

Wes Brown = £3m (To partner Taylor at CB)

Distin = £3m (To partner Taylor/Brown at CB)

This little lot would make me feel far more optimistic about the good times coming back. I think we'd be well placed to challenge for a Top 5 spot with these additions.

We could subsidise alot of these by sales too:-

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

That would pay for at least two of my suggestions.

No question I'd stick James Beattie in the squad if we could pick him up for about £4m. He's a different tpye of striker to the rest at the club (Martins = PACE, Owen = CLINICAL, Sibierski = HOLDER UPPER, Amoebi = SHITE). So he could complement any of them really, perhaps not Sib.

He's had a poor time at Everton but they don't really play to his strengths and he's always done well when I've seen him at St James' so he would be my first buy.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

This little lot would make me feel far more optimistic about the good times coming back. I think we'd be well placed to challenge for a Top 5 spot with these additions.

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

Exactly what kind of striker is Beattie apart from crap? Why bother with him? The money would be better spent on someone like Nugent

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

Exactly what kind of striker is Beattie apart from crap? Why bother with him? The money would be better spent on someone like Nugent

He gets a lot of stick does Beattie but I think he would do a job with Martins/Owen because of his strength and running off the ball (taking players with him).

I fully expected to get some shit for saying I'd buy him but I think he'd add something to our squad, especially with Sib being a year older and less mobile next year.

I think he'd fit right into the squad and the area, he's english, he's not got a bad injury record and he's still young (ish).

A sound investment in my eyes.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

He gets a lot of stick does Beattie but I think he would do a job with Martins/Owen because of his strength and running off the ball (taking players with him).

I fully expected to get some shit for saying I'd buy him but I think he'd add something to our squad, especially with Sib being a year older and less mobile next year.

I think he'd fit right into the squad and the area, he's english, he's not got a bad injury record and he's still young (ish).

Ok, he may not be the worst signing ever but for that kind of money (£4million-ish) we could buy a far better striker.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

Ok, he may not be the worst signing ever but for that kind of money (£4million-ish) we could buy a far better striker.

Ok, on the basis Nugent has been quoted as costing over £4m (and isn't proven in the premier league) who would you suggest?

Not being arsey BTW, just think Beattie is a great bet if we could get him for that price.

Guest thompers

Giving Roeder 20 million to spend is like giving Freddy a pie. It'll go fast, it'll be of no benefit to us and we'll never see it again.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

Ok, on the basis Nugent has been quoted as costing over £4m (and isn't proven in the premier league) who would you suggest?

Not being arsey BTW, just think Beattie is a great bet if we could get him for that price.

I see your point and Beattie wouldn't be that bad. I'd rather have someone like Collins John, Marlon King or Kevin Doyle though.

Giving Roeder 20 million to spend is like giving Freddy a pie. It'll go fast, it'll be of no benefit to us and we'll never see it again.

Roeder has spent pretty wisely imo.

Martins: £10m (the future-- brings speed to the team)

Duff:£5m (cheap-- more speed)

Sibierski: Free (no one is laughing now)

He didn't get the defender that was needed,but my understanding is that he was after Bridge and Neil. Good choices.

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

I see your point and Beattie wouldn't be that bad. I'd rather have someone like Collins John, Marlon King or Kevin Doyle though.

what the fuck?!

Giles barnes, Tony Vanden Borre, Curtis Davis, Lewin Nyatanga, Dave Nugent.

Yes. 5 great calls.  :thup:

How do you rate Giles Barnes?  Scored a few this season, probably one of Derby's better performers, and he's only 18.  Better prospect than Huddlestone was imo.  As for Nyatanga, he's gone to Sunderland on loan, Derby can't believe it!

Giles will be in the premiership in the summer.

Lewin was the youngest capped welsh player until bale. Much better defensively than bale. Solid. Wasyted at sunderland.

Everyone knows Curtis credentials.

Vanden Borre is unknown but anything is better than carr

I have been raving for Nugent for over a year now. :)

I think Collins John would be a very good signing. He's young, talented. played in England and doesn't mind being on the bench too much

And he's not really any better than Ameobi.

Still, I'd take him for say £2m tops.

Guest thompers

Roeder has spent pretty wisely imo.

Martins: £10m (the future-- brings speed to the team)

Duff:£5m (cheap-- more speed)

Sibierski: Free (no one is laughing now)

He didn't get the defender that was needed,but my understanding is that he was after Bridge and Neil. Good choices.

Martins - overpaid for him

Duff - finished.

Sibierski - not technically "spending" is it?

Beattie = £4m

Bridge = £4m

Bramble = £1m

Carr = £1m

Babayaro = £1m

Luque = £4m

The only one of those I'd remotely consider taking over Beattie would be Doyle and I doubt very much whether we would get him for under £4m. Remember what happened to Andy Johnson's value after his one-season wonder at Palace? I think they were talking £12m at one point.

Collins John does have potential but feck me does he need a decent coach.

Marlon King will take a long time to recover from his injury and he isn't proven in the premiership by any means (and probably won't be this season cos Watford will be down by the time he's fit).

Any more suggestions?

I've been thinking about this on the way home and can't really think of anyone who would be better value, IF we could pick Beattie up at £4m or thereabouts.

Only my opinion though.