£20 million?

Guest Martin

recklon as soon as clubs get wind of the fact that Newcastle have got £20mill to spend then the prices will rise dramatically.

would've thought it'd be best to go for players who are reasonbly priced and have experience in the PL or playing at the PL leve. It's grand saying names like Vanden Borre etc, but they;re young players who'd nede time to fit it.

reckon should go for Upson, Bridge, and a RB...canna really think of any at the moment...need more coffee..

that way the club stablises and rises up the league and then the bulk of themoney can be spent of quality players over the summer, and not pay over the odds for them,  for next season.

I might add a player or two in January but, unless we look in really serious danger of being relegated, I would be inclined to wait until the summer to get the players we really want/need.

I might add a player or two in January but, unless we look in really serious danger of being relegated, I would be inclined to wait until the summer to get the players we really want/need.

blueyes.gif

Wait till Owen comes back, see how he is then decide in the summer whether it's worth spending another 10m on a striker. Obviously money will HAVE to be spent on the defence so I wouldn't mind spending 10m in January to strengthen it.

"Former England skipper David Beckham is set to slip further down the Real Madrid pecking with the Spaniards to sign Boca star Fernando Gago. (The Sun)"

:lol:

Freddie's parting gift / trophy signing for the fans? ;)

Guest Armchair Pundit

Wayne Bridge, Curtis Davies and Dave Nugent, I reckon that'd still leave some change for another loan deal for some depth, maybe another winger or central defender.

We could get a Luque and a Boumsong for that money and still have enough for a bus ride home.

I'd rather spend a portion on bringing in some decent training and medical staff/facilities than buy Beckham and have him join the long term injury list.

Giles barnes, Tony Vanden Borre, Curtis Davis, Lewin Nyatanga, Dave Nugent.

Yes. 5 great calls.  :thup:

How do you rate Giles Barnes?  Scored a few this season, probably one of Derby's better performers, and he's only 18.  Better prospect than Huddlestone was imo.  As for Nyatanga, he's gone to Sunderland on loan, Derby can't believe it!

If the new owners employ me as our new manager it will be like this:

IN:

Gareth Bale - not quite shure how much he would cost, £5mill?

Wayne Bridge - £3-4mill

Sylvain Distin - £2mill (perhaps we could give them Bramble as a part of the deal?)

Curtis Davies - £4-5mill

Lucas Neill - £2mill

Dave Nugent - £3mill?

OUT:

Titus Bramble - £0,5-1,5mill

Celestine Babayaro - not quite shure what he would cost, pretty much the same as Bramble?

Albert Luque (a shame though) - £3-4mill

If i could'nt have Distin or Davies i would buy Upson.Bridge would play on the left back, because Bale is still a bit young to be a regular.

Then this would be the XI:

Given

Neill, Davies, Distin/Taylor, Bridge/Bale

Milner, Emre/Dyer, Parker, Duff/Zog

Martins/Nugent, Sibierski/Nugent

desperate for a LB and a 'Big man' striker and possibly a CB too in Jan the rest can wait for now.

Would like Luke young from Charlton if we can get him (probably won't sell till end of the season though now. We are not desperate though as Nobby looks great there.

Matty Taylor from Pompey if they'll sell (or a swap for Shambles would be a dream!!).

Dystin too.

Then a 'Big Man' striker - Not Viduka!! Some up and coming ideally!