Sold? Not Yet

ToonTastic

Roeder has done very well in imo. We havn`t been thrashed this season by any team, where we have lost points it has been down to a defensive error or having no one on the pitch who can score.

I fail to see how this season could be blamed on Roeder. The team has picked itself most of the year. We have also done well in Europe and cups. He has made sensible decisions on when to bring players back regardless of the pressure he has been under. We even came back from conceeding which you don`t usually associate with us.

So who was in charge of the transfer funds in the summer?

Guest smoggeordie

Roeder has done very well in imo. We havn`t been thrashed this season by any team, where we have lost points it has been down to a defensive error or having no one on the pitch who can score.

I fail to see how this season could be blamed on Roeder. The team has picked itself most of the year. We have also done well in Europe and cups. He has made sensible decisions on when to bring players back regardless of the pressure he has been under. We even came back from conceeding which you don`t usually associate with us.

Not being thrashed should be a given though.

Guest stormrider

Soccernet never bothered mentioning belgravia except for once on the side or something. When something is in the main headlines, it is usually true.

NUFC PLC Statement

THE Board of Newcastle notes the further press speculation in the Daily Mail today concerning a possible offer for Newcastle United.

The Board wishes to clarify that it has not accepted any proposals for the Company from any party nor is any due diligence being conducted on the Company.

Therefore there can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer would be made.

A further statement will be made as appropriate.

So who was in charge of the transfer funds in the summer?

Transfers aren`t as easy as you might find them on a computer game.  I don`t think GR had been in the job long enough to truely identify targets. Big clubs scout players at a young age for a long time. Maybe he was scouting priority positions until Owen got injured.

"NUFC PLC Statement

THE Board of Newcastle notes the further press speculation in the Daily Mail today concerning a possible offer for Newcastle United.

The Board wishes to clarify that it has not accepted any proposals for the Company from any party nor is any due diligence being conducted on the Company.

Therefore there can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer would be made.

A further statement will be made as appropriate."

Hah.  Should learn not to trust the Mail after their whole Beckham to Toon omg! fiasco.

NUFC PLC Statement

A further statement will be made as appropriate.

Could be on a technicality....such as receiving the offer in writing, as opposed to something verbally agreed upon.

The story seems to have some truth in it....and there's definitely fire where the smoke is rising from. That statment seems to be a lot more carefully worded than the previous ones denying the Belgravia bids, which carried more conviction.

A further statement will be made when appropriate? It's a done deal

"nor is any due diligence being conducted on the Company"

I'm sure that can be done without an offer made.  We've now heard reports of this lot and Belgravia being "halfway through" due diligence,  which has now been officialy denied.  Seems a deal is a long way off to me.

Guest Darth Toon

The Mail story seems too detailed to be completely made up - it does seem likely they're getting their info from the Halls, who could be using them to crank up the pressure on the fat man.

The Mail story seems too detailed to be completely made up - it does seem likely they're getting their info from the Halls, who could be using them to crank up the pressure on the fat man.

This is exactly what is happening. The club statement is a very diplomatic one.

Remember when they denied the Belgravia reports, they mentioned the company by name. There is no mention of Polygon or USB in this one though.

It's all hanging by a legal technicality imo, and I'm guessing the club (and/or Shepherd) wanted the news to be heard first by the SE, and not leaked through the media.

Could well be a final struggle between Doug and Fred.

"nor is any due diligence being conducted on the Company"

I'm sure that can be done without an offer made. We've now heard reports of this lot and Belgravia being "halfway through" due diligence, which has now been officialy denied. Seems a deal is a long way off to me.

An indicative offer can be made, no problem.

Doesn't sound like an all-out denial that it's going to happen to me, sounds like they could just be being diplomatic cos it's not all tied up yet.  The NUFC statement hasn't made me think it's any less likely to happen at all.

Guest Gemmill

Great news! It's obvious from the club statement that a bid has been made.

Is this the same club statement that says that "there can be no certainty an offer will be made?"  bluebigrazz.gif