Training today

Elma

Guest Darth Toon

Interesting - actually makes for a bit of a selection poser if true - can Butt be left out to accommodate Parker & Emre? Will Dyer play instead of the Sib?

Id expect Emre and Duff to start on the bench if they are fit enough.

Parker and Dyer back in.. maybe Sibbers on the bench as a precaution aswell.

I'd go with the complete opposite of that TBH. I would start Emre with Butt as they've both looked different players without Parker.

I'd also start Sibbers with Martins to further develop their partnership and leave Dyer on the bench becuase he's the only person capable of really changing a game in the last 35 minutes if we need to chase the win AND he's hardly the most reliable person to play against a big, physical Watford side scrapping for points.

Duff will start if fit.

roeder in the chron

dyer is back

parker is back

duff has made 'amazing recovery' and should be involved tomorrow

emre has a chance of playing

nobby is 50-50

sibierski will be assessed after the game

So, presumably, that means Sibbers will start again?

Any mention of the fat lepricorn?

Guest smoggeordie

roeder in the chron

dyer is back

parker is back

nobby is 50-50

"...Glenn also mentioned to me at training: "Steven Carr will be sold. I'm sick of having a fat, overweight and overpaid excuse for a football at my club."

blueeek.gif

roeder in the chron

dyer is back

parker is back

nobby is 50-50

"...Glenn also mentioned to me at training: "Steven Carr will be sold. I'm sick of having a fat, overweight and overpaid excuse for a football at my club."

blueeek.gif

To which I responded "but Glenn, can we not have a Geordie right back? You know, a proper one, not one of those foreign types. Someone who'll give me loads of interviews and talk shite that I can then communicate to the Geordie Nation who hang off my every word"

"Can Shola not play there next season Glenn - please?"

blueeek.gif

So that's what they use him for these days? No wonder he's always injured.

I'd go with the complete opposite of that TBH. I would start Emre with Butt as they've both looked different players without Parker.

I'd also start Sibbers with Martins to further develop their partnership and leave Dyer on the bench becuase he's the only person capable of really changing a game in the last 35 minutes if we need to chase the win AND he's hardly the most reliable person to play against a big, physical Watford side scrapping for points.

Duff will start if fit.

2nd that

Duff will start if fit.

2nd that

not sure about that,bearing in mind how long duffs been out i reckon he'll go dyer on the right and milner left if sibbs is fit(ie no need for dter to play up front)

Duff will start if fit.

2nd that

not sure about that,bearing in mind how long duffs been out i reckon he'll go dyer on the right and milner left if sibbs is fit(ie no need for dter to play up front)

You might be right - I would have thought he would want a naturallt left sided/footed player on the wing that was my theory.

I suppose it depends on how fit Duff is.

Personally I think Dyer has to play. His pace alone is worth starting him and it gives defenders a double problem if he and Martins are both in there. Whether Dyer starts in midfield or up front is another point and probably depends upon Sibierski's fitness.

Duff will start if fit.

2nd that

You might be right - I would have thought he would want a naturallt left sided/footed player on the wing that was my theory.

I suppose it depends on how fit Duff is.

i know what you're getting at but milner has played on the left a good few times and maybe better to ease duff back in if we can with him being out so long.

emre is back!!

didnt we think he was out for atleast a month or so?

duff/parker shouldnt be rushed in,otherwise they might get an even worse injurey

sibreski was injured in our last two games,and he should be benched just in case

dyer should start if he's fit..

Duff will start if fit.

I agree with what your saying, but Emre, Duff and Sibbers will need easing back, whilst Parker and Dyer are raring to go.

Its not a case of who would be best, its putting the fit players in and avoiding further injuring the player that are coming back, holding them back for the chelsea game certainly wont be a bad thing either.

The way he has been playing id pick emre ahead of Parker, but we need to keep our players off the injury table until the end of January at least.

Duff will start if fit.

I agree with what your saying, but Emre, Duff and Sibbers will need easing back, whilst Parker and Dyer are raring to go.

Its not a case of who would be best, its putting the fit players in and avoiding further injuring the player that are coming back, holding them back for the chelsea game certainly wont be a bad thing either.

The way he has been playing id pick emre ahead of Parker, but we need to keep our players off the injury table until the end of January at least.

Why would Emre, Duff and Sibbers need easing back and not Parker? Just because he hasn't played for a while doesn't mean he's less likely to get injured again.

He's had the most serious injury out of all of them so I would have HE would need easing back?

Guest MalcolmSm1th

blueeek.gif

So that's what they use him for these days? No wonder he's always injured.

This would make the offside trap somewhat complicated if one used a defender as the ball.