We have to win against Watford now.

Guest Deep456

:|

I am not too optimistic about this game.

No Emre, no Solano, no Zoggy... so that means we will be relying heavily upon Milner for a supply of crosses, which is fine, but he usually needs about 6 tries before he gets on right. Zoggy has not been great this season but he does knwo where his team mates are... whereas a midfield of Parker, Dyer, Butt and Milner has no clue. We are going to have to rely on pace on our wings for break aways. Defo need to keep the ball short and wide when in posession then nip one into Sibi or Martins for a goal.

If Watford score early they could batter the confidence of our players and the crowd will turn.

No Emre, no Solano, no Zoggy... so that means we will be relying heavily upon Milner for a supply of crosses, which is fine, but he usually needs about 6 tries before he gets on right. Zoggy has not been great this season but he does knwo where his team mates are... whereas a midfield of Parker, Dyer, Butt and Milner has no clue. We are going to have to rely on pace on our wings for break aways. Defo need to keep the ball short and wide when in posession then nip one into Sibi or Martins for a goal.

If Watford score early they could batter the confidence of our players and the crowd will turn.

Bit harsh on the lad considering there's fuk all ever to aim for.

Martins is usually in a shit position, and Sibby arrives four days later.

If he ran to the line, then waited for those two to get in the box he'd have been tackled several times over.

He should maybe start cutting inside and learning how to shoot, thought he was part striker when he joined?

If he ran to the line, then waited for those two to get in the box he'd have been tackled several times over.

He should maybe start cutting inside and learning how to shoot, thought he was part striker when he joined?

I am not trying to be harsh, I actually like Milner and did NOT want him going to Villa. He runs well but usually goes past/overshoots the strikers and crosses anyway - he needs to look up more. I would prefer it if he took a couple of shots himself and run inward instead of trying to cross as well. If he ran inward he might have better awareness and opportunity.

I am not trying to be harsh, I actually like Milner and did NOT want him going to Villa. He runs well but usually goes past/overshoots the strikers and crosses anyway - he needs to look up more. I would prefer it if he took a couple of shots himself and run inward instead of trying to cross as well. If he ran inward he might have better awareness and opportunity.

He does need working on like, and his crossing is suspect, i just think its a damn shame he doesn't have a true target-man to aim for.

For a young winger (where consistency is rare) learning his trade, he's not doing too badly, at least he came back from Villa able to run at players and take them on, if he sorts out the finer points of crossing (which for me wont happen until our front men work the box better) and like we say, starts cutting in to add another option, he'll be a class act.

Milner grows on me every game, i think he's a talent, not as fast a SWP or Lennon, nor as tricky, but i think he could end up smarter, like Nobby with pace, and that will do for me.

To be fair, if you think our attack is bad, you should take a look at Watford's frontline, Darius Henderson FFS  :lol:.

In fact. take a look at their whole team. Without King they are totally impotent.

Now I've said that I fully expect them to put 3 past us.

blink.gif

Their only premiership quality player (perhaps excluding Ashley Young) is out injured for the season.

Quite frankly, this is almost as imbalanced as us v. Chelsea, only favoring us this time. It's even a home tie.

Should be able to smash them comfortably.

Then again, Sheffield United... bluedead.gif

Aye, Sibi is slow - but he gets about the box and knows where to receive a ball. All of his goals have come from crosses. Agree about Martins, his positional sense inside the box is non-existant.

But Milner's final ball is shit, simple as really.

Guest TheOrder

Aye, Sibi is slow - but he gets about the box and knows where to receive a ball. All of his goals have come from crosses. Agree about Martins, his positional sense inside the box is non-existant.

How can you say that? How ignorant. Some of our most important goals this season have come from Milner crosses. His final ball has improved no end since he's been back.

How can you say that? How ignorant. Some of our most important goals this season have come from Milner crosses. His final ball has improved no end since he's been back.

Not been ignorant, i know, he's planted one or two peaches. I can only count two actually... the Palermo one and the Vigo one.

On the whole - his balls are generally pants.

i think we will shell watford

they're about to be hit by a runaway train....4-1 :cool:

Not if we play the team in your sig!

what other option do we have??  ok dyer should start if he's fit, but i hate to break up the partnership that martins and sibs are begining to build.

He's 20 years old, ffs. I doubt Nobby's crosses were world class at that age, either. 

Emre isn't a left winger and playing 2 DM's at home to Watford is asking for you to get beat.

ok so what should we start luque out on the left...psssh be a hot day in greenland before that happens, duff won't be fit to start so by my calculations emre is our only left sided player left

Emre isn't a left winger and playing 2 DM's at home to Watford is asking for you to get beat.

ok so what should we start luque out on the left...psssh be a hot day in greenland before that happens, duff won't be fit to start so by my calculations emre is our only left sided player left

Put Milner on the left.