Huntington- What a let down

Guest Douga

So what established him as a WUM? Critisizing a player when you only just signed up must be one of the 'signs' is it? His posts seem pretty reasonably opinionated to me like, thats all! But if you disagree with his views, then i guess everyone should be allowed to call him a cock then!

He seems like a blatant WUM to me, cant think how anyone would have any other opinion tbh.

"Expected alot from this young lad. But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball. GAve the ball away one to many times. But we'll wait and see."

He's played twice, expectations ruined after 180mins of watching him live.  :roll:

If he becomes another Steven Taylor then were laughing FFS.

Defenders aren't known for their composure on the ball, more to do with their positioning off it.

Most players come though out of position, especially CBs. Taylor & Ramage did here, Bramble did at Ipswich, Carragher did at Liverpool for years!

Then he has a crack at Given FFS, this guy is a WUM, or fuking stupid.

Wum?

Think so.

"But we'll wait and see" indicates that he's not a WUM and that he's simply putting his first impression across and is showing a willingness to keep an open mind and see if he's proved right or wrong.

WUM-like behaviour? Erm, no.

He then puts across a point about Shay's distribution. Which IS poor. It's NOT a lie or any kind of bullshit. He even makes a point in saying that it's the only flaw in his game.

WUM-like behaviour? No, just an opinion he has.

Certainly a WUM, and has done a good job on you thinking he isn't one, or your doing a good job Wummin' the mods to death in this thread  :lol:  :thup:

Yet you can't point out any of the attributes that make him a WUM and have pointed out things that are actually just a difference in opinion.

Its just a difference of opinion that you dont see him as a wum, and the rest of the board do. I've pointed out why i think he is, especially the Taylor comment, its just plain stupid.

Nowhere near as stupid as when someone says the Board of today is no different to Boards of the past. But I guess thompers is probably right and it depends on what certain people agree with.....  :cool:

Huntington looks a far better prospect than boumsong ever did, when was the last time we had 3 younguns at the back , that we didnt spend boat loads on, it reminds me of the defence when moncur and co was there, with taylor becoming the new moncur, has anyone noticed how hes trying to organise his defence, hes going to be one hell of a player, leader.

ng times

That Hutington looks a far better prospect than Boumsong ever did, I certainly disagree. Boumsong at his peak is a very good defender and if Hutington ever scales to this height then all credits to Newcastle United academy. While on the subject of 3 young players on our back, we should try to emulate Arsenal's achievement of having Eboue, Djourou, Senderos and Clichy marshalling the back 4. If all Hutington, Taylor and Ramage continue to prosper as central defenders then the future of Newcastle United can only look good.

So what established him as a WUM? Critisizing a player when you only just signed up must be one of the 'signs' is it? His posts seem pretty reasonably opinionated to me like, thats all! But if you disagree with his views, then i guess everyone should be allowed to call him a cock then!

He seems like a blatant WUM to me, cant think how anyone would have any other opinion tbh.

"Expected alot from this young lad. But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball. GAve the ball away one to many times. But we'll wait and see."

He's played twice, expectations ruined after 180mins of watching him live.  :roll:

If he becomes another Steven Taylor then were laughing FFS.

Defenders aren't known for their composure on the ball, more to do with their positioning off it.

Most players come though out of position, especially CBs. Taylor & Ramage did here, Bramble did at Ipswich, Carragher did at Liverpool for years!

Then he has a crack at Given FFS, this guy is a WUM, or fuking stupid.

Wum?

Think so.

"But we'll wait and see" indicates that he's not a WUM and that he's simply putting his first impression across and is showing a willingness to keep an open mind and see if he's proved right or wrong.

WUM-like behaviour? Erm, no.

He then puts across a point about Shay's distribution. Which IS poor. It's NOT a lie or any kind of bullshit. He even makes a point in saying that it's the only flaw in his game.

WUM-like behaviour? No, just an opinion he has.

Certainly a WUM, and has done a good job on you thinking he isn't one, or your doing a good job Wummin' the mods to death in this thread  :lol:  :thup:

Yet you can't point out any of the attributes that make him a WUM and have pointed out things that are actually just a difference in opinion.

Its just a difference of opinion that you dont see him as a wum, and the rest of the board do. I've pointed out why i think he is, especially the Taylor comment, its just plain stupid.

His Taylor comment that he lacks composure on the ball? That's an attribute that all good defenders should have. Quite a fair comment I feel. But because you disagree, he's a WUM?

His comment about composure came in a total different sentence, didn't you see the . ? That means another sentence has started, thats how i read it anyway.

He implied Hunty would only ever become as good as Taylor, which is a fuking daft comment since Taylor is the best defender we've had in the EPL apart from Woodgate and he's only a nipper himself.

So he isn't allowed to elaborate on his point using more than one sentence? Once there's a full stop we shouldn't read any further and only take into account that single sentence? Erm...?

Yet it's his opinion that Taylor isn't good enough? Which, at current ability level and with his inconsistancy, he isn't for a team that wants to be in the top 4. So anybody that suggests Taylor isn't good enough is a WUM? You don't feel that he could genuinely hold that opinion?

Edit: In fact, going back and reading what he said, the only thing he knocks taylor for is his composure! Oh he must be a WUM to suggest that Taylor lacks composure :lol:

What the fuk are you on about now?

Its seperate statments of his opinions about Hunty, not Taylor, one of them being Hunty could only be as good as Taylor.

So he's only knocking Taylor about composure, yet he goes on about giving the ball away as well. Where does it end then? Usually at the end of a fuking sentence, fuking hell man.

So is he talking about Taylor still, or hunty, or both?

I really dont care tbh, and cant be bothered going round in circles about a Wum with a Wum tbh.

What the fuck are you on about sentences for? He says he'll just be another Taylor, a big tackler but little composure. I don't care how he grammatically structures it, thats what his point is! It's clear that you feel that Taylor is expempt from any sort of constructive critisism and that anybody who does say something negative about him is a WUM.

he'll just be another Taylor, a big tackler but little composure

Wrong.

But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball.

This makes it clearer:

"Expected alot from this young lad.

But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. (comment about hunty)

Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball.  (comment about hunty)

GAve the ball away one to many times.  (comment about hunty)

But we'll wait and see."  (comment about hunty)

Two sentences not one, meaning he wasn't saying it like you read, but more like how i read it.

So back to my point, the kid is either a wum, or fuking stupid.

End of point, end of discussion.

Guest thompers

But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball.

He says that he thinks that he'll be "just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor", the elaborates by making comparisons saying that he'll be like Taylor/Ramage in that he'll be a big tackler, like them, but lack composure, like them.

Pretty basic.

Guest thompers

Oh, and yes, he can elaborate in a different sentence. Suggesting you can't is a bit silly. A new paragraph and maybe you'd have a point.

He says that he thinks that he'll be "just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor", the elaborates by making comparisons saying that he'll be like Taylor/Ramage in that he'll be a big tackler, like them, but lack composure, like them.

Pretty basic.

So all these were about Huntington.

But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. (comment about hunty)

GAve the ball away one to many times.  (comment about hunty)

But we'll wait and see."  (comment about hunty)

But this one was about Taylor.

Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball. 

Bullshit tbh.

Oh, and yes, he can elaborate in a different sentence. Suggesting you can't is a bit silly. A new paragraph and maybe you'd have a point.

Oh, and yes, if he used a comma (,) instead of a fullstop (.) then yes you'd have a point, suggesting otherwise is a bit silly.

Oh, and yes, if he used a comma (,) instead of a fullstop (.) then yes you'd have a point, suggesting otherwise is a bit silly.

Boring, tbh.

Boring, tbh.

Aren't you tbh.

Guest thompers

He's perfectly entitled to use a full stop in that scenario and still elaborate on the previous sentence, which I'm 100% sure, if you ask him, is what he did. You're making yourself look a tit here mate :lol: Look, I used a full stop and am still on the same subject!

He's perfectly entitled to use a full stop in that scenario and still elaborate on the previous sentence, which I'm 100% sure, if you ask him, is what he did. You're making yourself look a tit here mate :lol: Look, I used a full stop and am still on the same subject!

:lol:

Boring, tbh.

Aren't you tbh.

thompers is making you look an arse, man. Give up before it gets really bad and becomes a classic.

Boring, tbh.

Aren't you tbh.

thompers is making you look an arse, man. Give up before it gets really bad and becomes a classic.

:lol:

From Sir Bobby's book:

"Supporters who immediately condemn young players for not being good enough should remember that a large measure of disorientation comes with the promotion to the first eleven. It takes time for the shock to wear off and for a boy's confidence to grow"

blueyes.gif

What the f*ck did he know!

Quite a lot probably  :)

Guest uSaMBer

Pretty basic.

taylor and ramage,together have pulled newcastle oot the shit

a way to look if the players are good enough is would they get in any of the top 5 teams. NOOOO. Newcastle want to be in the top 5 or 6 but with this defence it wil never happen. ANy of there defenders would walk into our team.Concentration splits the good from the great.

a way to look if the players are good enough is would they get in any of the top 5 teams. NOOOO. Newcastle want to be in the top 5 or 6 but with this defence it wil never happen. ANy of there defenders would walk into our team.Concentration splits the good from the great.

We were a top 5 team with Hughes, OB1, Bramble and Bernard at the back.

if we were getting pasted week in week out with that defence i would agree with you but until that happens let them play together and grow .

We were a top 5 team with Hughes, OB1, Bramble and Bernard at the back.

top 3 if you throw dabizas in there

I don't know if some of these negative comments are just a wind up or if the posters are just fucking thick - I suspect the latter.

Huntington is in because there is no one else. He's had a few hours in a league where any decent manager will target him as a weakness and he's done well. Its possible Huntington, Ramage and Taylor are not the answer BUT they are going to be around for the rest of the season as the mainstay of our defence. If you want to critiscise consider the team performance and tactics.

Some, in fact all of these, 1 game he's crap, comments are pathetic. Can you wonder players not wanting to join us - I certainly wouldn't join a club with supporters like you nutters.