Huntington- What a let down

Guest Douga

Personally I think the original poster is clearly on a wind-up, aiming to get bites. Check my posts in this thread confirming this. These bites have arrived, and the poster has not backed up his 'opinion'. It's the same as when kingdawson comes on purely to wind people up. Therefore I think he's deserving of everything he gets, as it's clearly meant that way IMO.

Should we ban everyone who told mufcgeordie/Lee Stewart what they thought of him?

So abuse is fine if you think the person it's aimed at deserves it? That's a new one.

So despite indigo admitting he was harsh in banning me for posting a youtube link, do you not therefore think my abuse towards him was justified and the subsequent ban unjustified?

No it isn't.

Guest thompers

What it comes down to is that the mods are more harsh on people who have different views to themselves on different issues, and are less likely to ban somebody that they get on with.

Guest thompers

We've been letting abuse against blatant WUMs go for ages. Douga signed up yesterday primarily to have a go at Huntington ffs.

Still, any excuse for thompers to whine like a little girl, eh?

So he signed up to put across his concerns over a player. You don't agree with his post so that therefore means people can hurl abuse at him and be exempt from the rules? Class :thup: Just so it's cleared up, thats all! Cheers fellers!

We've been letting abuse against blatant WUMs go for ages. Douga signed up yesterday primarily to have a go at Huntington ffs.

Still, any excuse for thompers to whine like a little girl, eh?

So he signed up to put across his concerns over a player. You don't agree with his post so that therefore means people can hurl abuse at him and be exempt from the rules? Class :thup: Just so it's cleared up, thats all! Cheers fellers!

:jesuswept:

Guest thompers

So what established him as a WUM? Critisizing a player when you only just signed up must be one of the 'signs' is it? His posts seem pretty reasonably opinionated to me like, thats all! But if you disagree with his views, then i guess everyone should be allowed to call him a cock then!

So what established him as a WUM? Critisizing a player when you only just signed up must be one of the 'signs' is it? His posts seem pretty reasonably opinionated to me like, thats all! But if you disagree with his views, then i guess everyone should be allowed to call him a cock then!

I think it's pretty obvious tbh. If you go through this thread, there's a substantial number of posters picking up on this poster as a WUM. If you're too daft to see it, that's your problem.

Guest thompers

I think it's pretty obvious tbh. If you go through this thread, there's a substantial number of posters picking up on this poster as a WUM. If you're too daft to see it, that's your problem.

Well why is he a WUM? He makes the comments then elaborates in the thread that he thinks that it's down to Newcastle blooding a youngster into the first 11 in what isn't his natural position. Seems pretty reasonable to me. A bit thick like looking at some of his posts, but WUM? Nope, check his posts I think you'll find his comments are pretty reasonable. So is it still ok to abuse him?

He seems like a blatant WUM to me, cant think how anyone would have any other opinion tbh.

"Expected alot from this young lad. But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball. GAve the ball away one to many times. But we'll wait and see."

He's played twice, expectations ruined after 180mins of watching him live.  :roll:

If he becomes another Steven Taylor then were laughing FFS.

Defenders aren't known for their composure on the ball, more to do with their positioning off it.

Most players come though out of position, especially CBs. Taylor & Ramage did here, Bramble did at Ipswich, Carragher did at Liverpool for years!

Then he has a crack at Given FFS, this guy is a WUM, or fuking stupid.

Wum?

Think so.

Well why is he a WUM? He makes the comments then elaborates in the thread that he thinks that it's down to Newcastle blooding a youngster into the first 11 in what isn't his natural position. Seems pretty reasonable to me. A bit thick like looking at some of his posts, but WUM? Nope, check his posts I think you'll find his comments are pretty reasonable. So is it still ok to abuse him?

We'll have to disagree then. His/her comments blatantly contradict each other from one to the next imo, depending on where the biggest bite is coming from.

What it comes down to is that the mods are more harsh on people who have different views to themselves on different issues, and are less likely to ban somebody that they get on with.

As I said to you before; I actually think you're a decent poster, I often find your posts funny and clever, yet I still banned you for breaking the rules, harsh or not. I still think you're a decent poster despite your recent whinging  - which I thought you'd finally got over, but obviously not - and I have no problem with you, if you have one with me, well that's up to you.

Sorry, if that doesn't fit in with your "Mods only ban people they don't like" argument.

Guest thompers

He seems like a blatant WUM to me, cant think how anyone would have any other opinion tbh.

"Expected alot from this young lad. But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor. Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball. GAve the ball away one to many times. But we'll wait and see."

He's played twice, expectations ruined after 180mins of watching him live.  :roll:

Defenders aren't known for their composure on the ball, more to do with their positioning off it.

Most players come though out of position, especially CBs. Taylor & Ramage did here, Bramble did at Ipswich, Carragher did at Liverpool for years!

Wum?

Think so.

"But we'll wait and see" indicates that he's not a WUM and that he's simply putting his first impression across and is showing a willingness to keep an open mind and see if he's proved right or wrong.

WUM-like behaviour? Erm, no.

He then puts across a point about Shay's distribution. Which IS poor. It's NOT a lie or any kind of bullshit. He even makes a point in saying that it's the only flaw in his game.

WUM-like behaviour? No, just an opinion he has.

Wum?

Think so.

"But we'll wait and see" indicates that he's not a WUM and that he's simply putting his first impression across and is showing a willingness to keep an open mind and see if he's proved right or wrong.

He then puts across a point about Shay's distribution. Which IS poor. It's NOT a lie or any kind of bullshit. He even makes a point in saying that it's the only flaw in his game.

Certainly a WUM, and has done a good job on you thinking he isn't one, or your doing a good job Wummin' the mods to death in this thread  :lol:  :thup:

Guest thompers

We'll have to disagree then. His/her comments blatantly contradict each other from one to the next imo, depending on where the biggest bite is coming from.

Care to provide any examples of these contradictions, or do you just not want to concede that he is not a WUM and you're letting other posters abuse him because you don't agree with his views

Guest thompers

Wum?

Think so.

Certainly a WUM, and has done a good job on you thinking he isn't one, or your doing a good job Wummin' the mods to death in this thread  :lol:  :thup:

Yet you can't point out any of the attributes that make him a WUM and have pointed out things that are actually just a difference in opinion.

Guest thompers

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve thompers.

Would you like to be a mod? It's great fun, really. You get people of all ages whinging that you what do is rubbish.

I'd rather stick to my self-appointed role as mod-police. I find it amusing that you lot rarely admit to any wrongdoing in the disciplinary side of moderating, despite it being so blatent.

Wum?

Think so.

Yet you can't point out any of the attributes that make him a WUM and have pointed out things that are actually just a difference in opinion.

Its just a difference of opinion that you dont see him as a wum, and the rest of the board do. I've pointed out why i think he is, especially the Taylor comment, its just plain stupid.

Guest thompers

Wum?

Think so.

Its just a difference of opinion that you dont see him as a wum, and the rest of the board do. I've pointed out why i think he is, especially the Taylor comment, its just plain stupid.

His Taylor comment that he lacks composure on the ball? That's an attribute that all good defenders should have. Quite a fair comment I feel. But because you disagree, he's a WUM?

Wum?

Think so.

His Taylor comment that he lacks composure on the ball? That's an attribute that all good defenders should have. Quite a fair comment I feel. But because you disagree, he's a WUM?

His comment about composure came in a total different sentence, didn't you see the . ? That means another sentence has started, thats how i read it anyway.

"Expected alot from this young lad.

But just another Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor.

Big Tackler but lack of composure on the ball.

GAve the ball away one to many times.

But we'll wait and see."

He implied Hunty would only ever become as good as Taylor, which is a fuking daft comment since Taylor is the best defender we've had in the EPL apart from Woodgate and he's only a nipper himself.

Guest thompers

Wum?

Think so.

His comment about composure came in a total different sentence, didn't you see the . ? That means another sentence has started, thats how i read it anyway.

He implied Hunty would only ever become as good as Taylor, which is a fuking daft comment since Taylor is the best defender we've had in the EPL apart from Woodgate and he's only a nipper himself.

So he isn't allowed to elaborate on his point using more than one sentence? Once there's a full stop we shouldn't read any further and only take into account that single sentence? Erm...?

Yet it's his opinion that Taylor isn't good enough? Which, at current ability level and with his inconsistancy, he isn't for a team that wants to be in the top 4. So anybody that suggests Taylor isn't good enough is a WUM? You don't feel that he could genuinely hold that opinion?

Edit: In fact, going back and reading what he said, the only thing he knocks taylor for is his composure! Oh he must be a WUM to suggest that Taylor lacks composure :lol:

Wum?

Think so.

So he isn't allowed to elaborate on his point using more than one sentence? Once there's a full stop we shouldn't read any further and only take into account that single sentence? Erm...?

Yet it's his opinion that Taylor isn't good enough? Which, at current ability level and with his inconsistancy, he isn't for a team that wants to be in the top 4. So anybody that suggests Taylor isn't good enough is a WUM? You don't feel that he could genuinely hold that opinion?

Edit: In fact, going back and reading what he said, the only thing he knocks taylor for is his composure! Oh he must be a WUM to suggest that Taylor lacks composure :lol:

What the fuk are you on about now?

Its seperate statments of his opinions about Hunty, not Taylor, one of them being Hunty could only be as good as Taylor.

So he's only knocking Taylor about composure, yet he goes on about giving the ball away as well. Where does it end then? Usually at the end of a fuking sentence, fuking hell man.

So is he talking about Taylor still, or hunty, or both?

I really dont care tbh, and cant be bothered going round in circles about a Wum with a Wum tbh.

Guest thompers

Wum?

Think so.

What the fuk are you on about now?

Its seperate statments of his opinions about Hunty, not Taylor, one of them being Hunty could only be as good as Taylor.

So he's only knocking Taylor about composure, yet he goes on about giving the ball away as well. Where does it end then? Usually at the end of a fuking sentence, fuking hell man.

So is he talking about Taylor still, or hunty, or both?

I really dont care tbh, and cant be bothered going round in circles about a Wum with a Wum tbh.

What the fuck are you on about sentences for? He says he'll just be another Taylor, a big tackler but little composure. I don't care how he grammatically structures it, thats what his point is! It's clear that you feel that Taylor is expempt from any sort of constructive critisism and that anybody who does say something negative about him is a WUM.