Huntington- What a let down

Guest Douga

I say well done Hunty, he is not the answer to our defensive problems at the moment but he hasn't done much wrong. Okay he offers little going foward but in defence he has been solid.

Its been a very promising start for the youngster.

Guest nufc 4 life

He's a bloody good player for only 19 could be the next taylor i think he's played twice against the best team in the premiership *cough* and played v well both times he kept kalou out and made hardly any mistakes he works hard and you have to bare in mind that he is playin out of position LB yesterday and RB last wednesday we can all better judge him when he has played a few in his natural position, but threads like this just show that some people expect way too much from our players, did the guy that started this thread just expect him too make his premiership debut and be the next f***ing terry lol i hope not

Considering there ages and our resources, Taylor, Ramage and Hunty deserves to get their chance here.

Ramage is an acceptable backup for our RB together with Solano,

and we just need a decent LB to complete our backline.

Yes it is not very solid but it worths a try-----extremely cost effective and promising.

considering the raosting that Chelski have handed out to defences stuffed with full, top class internationals our cut & paste defence has played  pretty well

teh youngsters have come out of it OK and what's more importnat they will have learnt a great deal

Our Defence were class last night and against probably the best team in the world! Nobby and Taylor in particular were awesome as usual lately Ramage was very strong and Hunty did very well too! If we start Nobby Taylor Ramage + New brilliant LB next season at the back i'll be very happy as long as we get in some decent back up, hunty being one of them.

Huntington, I believe, will be a big noise in the years to come.

He's hardly had the gentlest introduction to first team football and apart from five or ten minutes of the collywobbles in his first game he's been very good.

I am impressed with his confidence in himself and how he interacts with his teammates.  None of the senior players took the ball off him either in play or for the throw ins.  They all had belief in that he could deliver when he had the ball.

He didn't leave the left flank glaringly open tonight and I don't remember him falling on his arse at all.

For his third full game the lad done good.  I am very impressed with him and I want to see him a permanent part of the side as soon as possible.

There's two ways to take these critisisms of the players and the manager; that they are hopeless or that they are not delivering yet.  I am in the camp that believes that things are certainly turning around (remember the Boumsong/Bramble centre combination?) and that things are moving ahead in a good, strong and positive direction.

It seems that now things are looking better that things can't be too good for some people here.  Hell's teeth, we've suffered long enough and now, perhaps for the first time since I wore short trousers, things are starting to strengthen at the Good Ship Newcastle.  Rome, as they say, wasn't built in a day nor was Manchester United under Ferguson and, yet, I feel that people are wanting miracles too soon.

The club and the team are advancing and are looking stronger month by month.  Yes, there will be hiccups along the way, yes we will fail to win all five possible trophies this year but as long as the club is moving forwards playing positive football and rebuilding itself then we can wait another season or two.

For the first time in ages I have felt really positive about Newcastle. I can just about remember the Fairs Cup year and I have waited this long.  I can, and will, wait a few more years if the club and team is being developed like it is.

Getting back to my first point; again, well done Huntington.

Hear, hear. How he uses his intelligence to compensate his inexperience impresses me the most.

Our Defence were class last night and against probably the best team in the world! Nobby and Taylor in particular were awesome as usual lately Ramage was very strong and Hunty did very well too! If we start Nobby Taylor Ramage + New brilliant LB next season at the back i'll be very happy as long as we get in some decent back up, hunty being one of them.

if you think Nobby, Taylor and Ramage starting in defence next season is adequate, you're a madman 

no offence but jesus christ

The only one I'd take out of the equation is Ramage, and solely for his inadequate passing skills. Give the lad credit ,he does look more sure in the centre than on the left or right .

A new left back and centre back at crimbo would be better than any of the socks, boxers, sweets, beer ...etc. that I will recieve this crimbo!!