Gelson Martins

Guest ManDoon

Why do you do this to yourselves, we aren't signing anyone.

Because sometimes, despite what some people would have you believe, we do actually sign people. Not enough of them, and often not of sufficient quality (or if they are, then not permanently), but it does happen.

Guest neesy111

I'll be surprised it Atletico let him go tbh.

Aren't they struggling with FFP? In terms of creating resources to bring new players in?

Haven't heard that, if that's the case then surely they'd be wanting to sell?

Aren't they struggling with FFP? In terms of creating resources to bring new players in?

Yeah, maybe. Although £4m is a canny loan fee, for half a season, if he's not in the team at present and they're after some quick cash, without actually getting rid of him.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, maybe. Although £4m is a canny loan fee, for half a season, if he's not in the team at present and they're after some quick cash, without actually getting rid of him.

I really can't see us forking out £4m for a loan fee for 15/16 games max.

I can if it means he gets Benitez to sign on again and keep him up on a shoestring

Short term loans are the only possibility this window if only for the fact that anyone enticed to the club by the prospect of being managed by Rafa must know the chances are he`ll stand more of a chance being managed by Harry Bassett next season.

Guest neesy111

I can if it means he gets Benitez to sign on again and keep him up on a shoestring

Benitez won't sign on no matter what is delivered, he's just using his position to get some players in.

Benitez won't sign on no matter what is delivered, he's just using his position to get some players in.

I think the same, the only way i see him staying is if they do buy Almiron for £20m+. That might just about fool him enough to sign an extension for another years or two.

Possibly. We will see!

have we touched base or are we just monitoring?

The front office is touching their monitors watching youtube videos of Martins in Lisbon. Then checking the Sofifa dot com ratings and salivating. Instead of approaching the situation, they use the financial takeover function on Fifa 19 career mode to buy him. Talks fall apart cause the player recently moved and wont move again (I hope someone in here plays career mode and understands my lame sarcasm).