The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Haaland's played about an hour in the Bundesliga and got 5 goals. :lol:

If you’re genuinely good it’s like a notch up from the Eredivisie when it comes to defending, most teams play a wide open style.

Watched the mackems vs Doncaster and contracted AIDS as a result. Been nice conversing with you all x

Was a shocking game like, the standard was abysmal. Zero quality on the park and neither keeper were ever bothered. We’re fucking shit but it’s a massively lighter shade of brown compared to that tonight. 

Watched the mackems vs Doncaster and contracted AIDS as a result. Been nice conversing with you all x

Was a shocking game like, the standard was abysmal. Zero quality on the park and neither keeper were ever bothered. We’re fucking shit but it’s a massively lighter shade of brown compared to that tonight.

Never seen so many one-footed players on the same pitch.

Atletico Madrid were knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Cultural Leonesa from the third division of La Liga last Thursday.

I like the new format for the Copa del Rey. No more 2nd legs until the semi finals and teams from the lower leagues get home advantage which makes matches more exciting. I think the FA Cup needs similar changes to breath life into the competition.

I saw Pep said this week that replays should be scrapped.

I think there's an argument for replays to be scrapped if teams are in the same division but replays are very financially rewarding for lower league clubs playing higher division clubs. Plus a great away day for fans

Guardiola also said the League Cup should be scrapped. I'm not sure about that because at the very least you get to see academy players shine. I would probably get rid of semi final 2nd legs because I don't think it is necessary.

Whatever makes sense for lower clubs they should be consulted about. Maybe take it on a case by case basis. If some clubs feel they want to beat a big club like Liverpool at home or if it makes financial sense to play the match away from home then let each club individually decide what is best for them.

I think the best suggestion I've heard re replays is to give all ties the option of no replay, but both teams have to agree to it beforehand. So, if it were an all Premier League tie, both teams would most likely agree to one game maximum; but it safeguards the lower teams' potential of a payday/day out. Can't think of any drawbacks with that system.

I think it ultimately depends on the point about whether or not you think replays, in the current system, are fundamentally problematic for the competition. You could argue that the 'threat' of a replay has a potentially damaging effect on a specific tie as squads/managers would rather go out than have to play again. If that is the case, there's a strong argument that tinkering with the system could potentially improve things and result in more intense cup fixtures. An opt-in/opt-out system seems a fair way of doing it to me, but again that's in the caveat that something needs changing. It's a difficult one to measure the need.

Guest neesy111

The only teams complaining about replays are those at the top of the league, it's complete bullshit and people shouldn't fall for it.

Make the lazy fuckas play all the games, Newcastle will probably play no more than 44 games this year with a 25 man squad, I bet they don't agree to a pay cut with the lower amount of times they have to clock in to work