The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I wonder, has anyone, ever, ever in the history of mankind - and I think we could get a noted historian to look at this, say, Simon Schama or that fit red headed bird with the nose piercing from Channel 5, her - ever, ever remarked on how much Steve McManaman adds to football commentary?

Glen Hoddle used to just drone on in the background like a low end Surrey estate agent reading through his listings, but McManaman has the tone of someone sat with a pint they've been nursing for three hours, putting the world to rights, and making you wince as you just know at some point soon, he's going to start on about immigrants.

What does he add? A rare occasion of the pretend crowd sound not being the most irritating thing in the audio channel.

I also think these crowd noises were mostly recorded at Ajax, it always sounds like that "jelelelelelele Ajax Amsterdam" chant, cut just before they say Ajax with some randomly sourced clip added at the end.

I wonder, has anyone, ever, ever in the history of mankind - and I think we could get a noted historian to look at this, say, Simon Schama or that fit red headed bird with the nose piercing from Channel 5, her - ever, ever remarked on how much Steve McManaman adds to football commentary?

Glen Hoddle used to just drone on in the background like a low end Surrey estate agent reading through his listings, but McManaman has the tone of someone sat with a pint they've been nursing for three hours, putting the world to rights, and making you wince as you just know at some point soon, he's going to start on about immigrants.

What does he add? A rare occasion of the pretend crowd sound not being the most irritating thing in the audio channel.

I also think these crowd noises were mostly recorded at Ajax, it always sounds like that "jelelelelelele Ajax Amsterdam" chant, cut just before they say Ajax with some randomly sourced clip added at the end.

:lol::lol:

Finds something that irritates him in the first 5 mins, whinges relentlessly about it for the rest of the game. Even when its often at odds with what you’re actually viewing. The dope next to him is just as bad, just call the game ffs we don’t want hear your opinions or your sycophantic ramblings.

:D

The quality of commentators and punditry in football is so so poor compared to cricket, NFL, NBA - pretty much every other sport. Some of these pundits played under Bob Paisley, Ferguson, Del Bosque, Bobby Robson, Wenger - some of the most intelligent and tactically astute managers in the game. Is it too much to ask to come up with something intelligent, one piece of insight, occasionally?

Finds something that irritates him in the first 5 mins, whinges relentlessly about it for the rest of the game. Even when its often at odds with what you’re actually viewing. The dope next to him is just as bad, just call the game ffs we don’t want hear your opinions or your sycophantic ramblings.

I actually think it'd be more interesting if McManaman just sat chatting in the background about something totally unrelated.

Coronavirus or quantitive easing or something.

Guest neesy111

I actually think it'd be more interesting if McManaman just sat chatting in the background about something totally unrelated.

Coronavirus or quantitive easing or something.

House prices, that's his speciality.