Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

CRINGE

Just kill me now.

What the actual f*** is wrong with our fans? Anyone singing that is an absolute tool.

I'm gonna have to say they were taking the piss.

Honestly? So they laughed at Bruce after he waved and it was obvious they were taking the piss? Or not?

I don't have a clue myself, have just seen it posted on here.

CRINGE

Just kill me now.

What the actual f*** is wrong with our fans? Anyone singing that is an absolute tool.

I'm gonna have to say they were taking the p*ss.

Honestly? So they laughed at Bruce after he waved and it was obvious they were taking the p*ss? Or not?

I don't have a clue myself, have just seen it posted on here.

I dunno man, was just thinking out loud.

Actually, anyone who bought an away ticket for that match is an idiot so we shouldn't be surprised they were chanting for Brucey and meant it, fuck em.

No massive objections to fan attending away games, the club doesn't get a penny from that.

I'd say it's fairly pointless in that you're cheering for a non-entity in sporting terms and one that personally I hope gets beaten every week but I can't bring myself to have the same level of derision for them as I hold for ST holders or day trippers.

No massive objections to fan attending away games, the club doesn't get a penny from that.

I'd say it's fairly pointless in that you're cheering for a non-entity in sporting terms and one that personally I hope gets beaten every week but I can't bring myself to have the same level of derision for them as I hold for ST holders or day trippers.

I go along with that. It gives people a chance to technically continuing to follow the team whilst still boycotting, to get any cravings out of their system and still continue to be a fan. Could even work as a stark contrast to the home crowd.

Should be made clear that there is no super-fan points on offer for this. This isn't going when the team is bad, club is struggling, we've all done that.

Nah I’m not having that. A big chunk are the ‘superfan’ element who won’t give up their season tickets because they don’t want to lose their points as it’s a badge of honour. Then to sing his name and chant ‘Brucey, give us a wave’.

The same sort who would have been at Watford away in the FA Cup a few years ago and hounded out a quality player like Thauvin while he was still finding his feet and had the fucking audacity to sing they were sick of being shit...yet not sick enough to stop giving Ashley their money or to stop following them around the country. Empty away ends when we’re famous for our away support would be a great message...but no, people can’t give up being on the piss on the coach from 4am to trail down to watch a turgid 1-1 at Brighton.

They can fuck off too for me.

Nah I’m not having that. A big chunk are the ‘superfan’ element who won’t give up their season tickets because they don’t want to lose their points as it’s a badge of honour. Then to sing his name and chant ‘Brucey, give us a wave’.

The same sort who would have been at Watford away in the FA Cup a few years ago and hounded out a quality player like Thauvin while he was still finding his feet and had the f***ing audacity to sing they were sick of being s***...yet not sick enough to stop giving Ashley their money or to stop following them around the country. Empty away ends when we’re famous for our away support would be a great message...but no, people can’t give up being on the p*ss on the coach from 4am to trail down to watch a turgid 1-1 at Brighton.

They can  f*** off too for me.

:clap:

Exactly. Same w*****s who boo Perez too. I seen them Newcastle fans tv c***s were there as well, they are everything wrong with our modern fan base. Boils my blood just seeing thumbnails of their videos online. Nothing Ashley does would ever stop them going

The same sort who would have been at Watford away in the FA Cup a few years ago and hounded out a quality player like Thauvin while he was still finding his feet and had the f***ing audacity to sing they were sick of being s***...yet not sick enough to stop giving Ashley their money or to stop following them around the country. Empty away ends when we’re famous for our away support would be a great message...but no, people can’t give up being on the p*ss on the coach from 4am to trail down to watch a turgid 1-1 at Brighton.

They can f*** off too for me.

Yup.

It's Boycott NUFC, not Boycott NUFC apart from away games.

F me.

Guest neesy111

The same sort who would have been at Watford away in the FA Cup a few years ago and hounded out a quality player like Thauvin while he was still finding his feet and had the fucking audacity to sing they were sick of being shit...yet not sick enough to stop giving Ashley their money or to stop following them around the country. Empty away ends when we’re famous for our away support would be a great message...but no, people can’t give up being on the piss on the coach from 4am to trail down to watch a turgid 1-1 at Brighton.

They can fuck off too for me.

Excellent post.

Nah, not sure. Isn’t boycott = not giving Ashley any money?

Otherwise, you could argue that you shouldn’t engage in the team/club at any level, like being active on this forum for instance.

Otherwise, you could argue that you shouldn’t engage in the team/club at any level, like being active on this forum for instance.

What about travelling down on coaches put on by the club.

You don’t need to do that to attend an away game though.

You don’t need to do that to attend an away game though.

But loads do, if there was an away boycott, that would be less revenue for Ashley.

Boycott is surely showing you’ve had enough of the running of the club. Continuing to sell out away from home does not suggest that.

Where do you draw the line though? Watch games at the pub, is that ok?

Boycott is surely showing you’ve had enough of the running of the club. Continuing to sell out away from home does not suggest that.

Where do you draw the line though? Watch games at the pub, is that ok?

Ashley is not going to notice or care about people watching in a pub, he will notice and care about people watching live at a ground.

Do the club still run coaches to away games? I thought they'd stopped that years ago.

Do the club still run coaches to away games? I thought they'd stopped that years ago.

Was assuming they did tbh.