Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

Guest The Little Waster

We are all just incredibly angry and frustrated. I don't know how to behave. Deep down I don't want to see Newcastle go down. I don't want to see them lose games or get hammered.

But I know it's pointless having devoting any time, feelings or passion towards it as it's pointless. We just need Ashley gone but I can't see him ever leaving in the PL.

So we are stuck in a bad position. I would like to just be able to watch games on sky and at least hope we do ok but I'm struggling to even be able to do that due to Bruce.

I get that point but my opinion is while I consider it unlikely he'd sell in the short to medium term while in the prem I consider the chances of him selling outside the prem to be basically zero.

By what logic is that ? Imo he will only sell when Nufc becomes a constant loss maker for him . Give it a couple of successive relegations with low crowds and fuck all tv money and he'll sharp piss off . Stay in the prem and hes here forever

a few reasons one being pride he will not want to admit defeat and sell at a loss. The other is there's not exactly been much interest from buyers for the club while its in the prem and making money, what are the chances of buyers coming along if its losing lots of money stuck in the championship or lower?

Lol he doesnt actually want to sell simply because it gives him ££££££ of free ads for SD .... When we get relegated a couple of divisions we are no longer of any use to him , thats when he will sell and there will always be takers

We are all just incredibly angry and frustrated. I don't know how to behave. Deep down I don't want to see Newcastle go down. I don't want to see them lose games or get hammered.

But I know it's pointless having devoting any time, feelings or passion towards it as it's pointless. We just need Ashley gone but I can't see him ever leaving in the PL.

So we are stuck in a bad position. I would like to just be able to watch games on sky and at least hope we do ok but I'm struggling to even be able to do that due to Bruce.

I get that point but my opinion is while I consider it unlikely he'd sell in the short to medium term while in the prem I consider the chances of him selling outside the prem to be basically zero.

I see it the other way around. While the club is in the Premier League, he gets free global exposure for his main business. In the Championship he has to put money in to try and get back to that, with comparatively very little exposure. I think a failed promotion bid or even relegation to league one would see him sell because he'd no longer be milking a cash cow and would have to invest in it with unknown returns. I actually see that as the only circumstance in which he'll sell.

There is no way in holy hell this guy will ever accept a loss on what he paid for us.

Let him burn it to the ground then and we'll pick up the pieces once he's gone.

Guest The Little Waster

I agree with this. I don't get the notion that club has to burn and do a Sunderland to be rid of him. A shoe string budget in a lower league and a mass exodus is far from guaranteed that he'll sell.

As things stand , merely surviving in the prem definitely won't see him sell . Would rather take the relegations at this point

I see it the other way around. While the club is in the Premier League, he gets free global exposure for his main business. In the Championship he has to put money in to try and get back to that, with comparatively very little exposure. I think a failed promotion bid or even relegation to league one would see him sell because he'd no longer be milking a cash cow and would have to invest in it with unknown returns. I actually see that as the only circumstance in which he'll sell.

Totally agree. He's already got an asset worth something. The day the club stops turning a profit for him is the day he slaughters his cash cow.

I was interested to see that little cameo from young Matty Longstaff. I've heard that there's some round the club who think he's just as good if not better than his brother. He looked very energetic and produced a couple of good touches. I think we'll see more of him.

I'm not convinced that Shelvey in that quarterback role is going to work in the Premiership. I fear he's destined to remain a nearly man at that level.

Younger Longstaff did look very active when he came on for sure. Seemed to have that same headiness about him too. Didn't look out of place at all.

Yeah, with young players I look for that sign that they really believe they belong out there. He had this calm but eager expression on his face as he came on, and got involved right away. Promising.

I was interested to see that little cameo from young Matty Longstaff. I've heard that there's some round the club who think he's just as good if not better than his brother. He looked very energetic and produced a couple of good touches. I think we'll see more of him.

I'm not convinced that Shelvey in that quarterback role is going to work in the Premiership. I fear he's destined to remain a nearly man at that level.

I'm not a fan of Shelvey tbh, I don't think it's a coincidence that we've looked better with him out of the side.  He has a good pass on him but that's about it and I sometimes get the feeling he just can't be arsed.

There is no way in holy hell this guy will ever accept a loss on what he paid for us.

That’s the issue though. He won’t go unless he makes a profit on what he paid. We’re pretty much stuck with him imo and I honestly don’t know how we’re going to get rid of him beyond legal action or the FA/prem league/ politicians getting involved through changes in legislation about ruining institutions of national or public interest.

He will not take a loss. He just won’t.

Guest The Little Waster

That’s the issue though. He won’t go unless he makes a profit on what he paid. We’re pretty much stuck with him imo and I honestly don’t know how we’re going to get rid of him beyond legal action or the FA/prem league/ politicians getting involved through changes in legislation about ruining institutions of national or public interest.

What fkin loss ? How much has the cunt already taken out the club ??

Totally agree. He's already got an asset worth something. The day the club stops turning a profit for him is the day he slaughters his cash cow.

His stated aim was to make the club self-sustaining, at a time that he wasn't paying for his advertising/brand association. As long as the club isn't costing him anything (it never will, it's always loans), and provides the promise of premier League exposure, he'll keep going. He's already demonstrated he's happy to risk relegation to the Championship (now I've got Top Cat in my head, how does that work so quickly?) with umbrella payments, and the investment loan necessary to returm. Keep the media interested, to an extent, mitigate losses for a year, ready to recoup in the follow up. Maybe a second season in the most hip hop will cause him to re-evaluate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ashley will never sell the club you feel, whether it’s in the PL, Championship, with 53k fans or 30k fans. It’s a cash cow and he gets a kick out of making money out of us mugs while making fans as miserable as fuck. The only way to get rid of him is to stop supporting the club for good and leaving him with nothing more than an empty stadium and some badges which is all he owns anyway, the copyright/trademarks of the badges and name.

i'm of the same opinion

Maybe so, but he's proven he'll turn down a profit too.

Might as well hope it all crashes down because at least that fucks him over.

He will never sell unless forced too by problems with parts of his other empire.

Now that we have Super Steve at the helm  it's all on the up.  Steve proved today that we don't need any new signings, new dawn for Colback and Lazaar and others.  All Rafa would have done would have been to spend lots of Mikes money on players we don't need. I also thought that Pep looked terrified watching our performance today, could see a big threat to retaining his title.

Joking aside, I have a gut feel that Bruce will fluke a decent finish this season just as Pardew did.  And just like Pardew he won't understand how he did it