Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Bit weird that the Sun hasn’t published any follow-up stories of any substance

Why would they BZG released two statements confirming their story.

I’m talking about the Sun doing a follow up story, not BZG releasing statements.

I don't find John Richardson reliable, but that's the first time I have read quotes close to Ashley and it raises a red flag for me regarding the deal. Similar comments were said for the last 2 takeovers and they both eventually collapsed.

I think a lot of fans want rid of Ashley so badly that they're twisting every bit of info so that in their heads its all positive. Things like "journalists who are sceptical are just jealous they missed the scoop" - ignoring the fact that extreme scepticism is absolutely needed with Ashley. And especially when it comes to supposed takeovers.

The position we need to take is to call it out and say we will believe it when it happens. We've seen this stuff fall apart far too many times before.

Remember a few days ago we were already sold, it was a done deal ffs. Now? Starting to look like our bi-annual takeover saga that drags on for a couple of months...by which time Rafa's contract has ran out.

Why?  Because the process and takeover haven't been completed in the six days since the story broke.  You're letting the journos whip you up into a state where if there's no official statement for a day or two then ITS OFF.

It'll be completed, fat man is gone, just wait for the announcement when it's actually finished and ignore the clueless media.

Its nothing to do with the journos, its the frequency of failed takeover attempts at this club. Has to be a record. Fingers crossed this one happens, but I can't believe until he's gone.

I had these same arguments over the Kenyon deal...everyone said it was definitely happening (even ITK's being nudged by people close to the deal etc). He's still here though.

Frequent? This is the third.

Oh sorry I forget loads of owners try to sell their club 3 times in 18 months, find real serious buyers, but just can't do a deal. Yes, frequent.

Yes but two incidents of failure, dont mean the third will be.

And yes, someone who is trying to sell something, may try to sell something more than once.

Guest godzilla

I don't find John Richardson reliable, but that's the first time I have read quotes close to Ashley and it raises a red flag for me regarding the deal. Similar comments were said for the last 2 takeovers and they both eventually collapsed.

I think a lot of fans want rid of Ashley so badly that they're twisting every bit of info so that in their heads its all positive. Things like "journalists who are sceptical are just jealous they missed the scoop" - ignoring the fact that extreme scepticism is absolutely needed with Ashley. And especially when it comes to supposed takeovers.

The position we need to take is to call it out and say we will believe it when it happens. We've seen this stuff fall apart far too many times before.

Remember a few days ago we were already sold, it was a done deal ffs. Now? Starting to look like our bi-annual takeover saga that drags on for a couple of months...by which time Rafa's contract has ran out.

Why?  Because the process and takeover haven't been completed in the six days since the story broke.  You're letting the journos whip you up into a state where if there's no official statement for a day or two then ITS OFF.

It'll be completed, fat man is gone, just wait for the announcement when it's actually finished and ignore the clueless media.

Its nothing to do with the journos, its the frequency of failed takeover attempts at this club. Has to be a record. Fingers crossed this one happens, but I can't believe until he's gone.

I had these same arguments over the Kenyon deal...everyone said it was definitely happening (even ITK's being nudged by people close to the deal etc). He's still here though.

No they didn't because he couldn't raise the funds. Some might of hoped, but there was never any indication that the deal was anywhere completion. When did Kenyon release a statement saying, the fee had been agreed, proof of funds supplied and sent to the PL for the fit and proper test.

TBh i can feel the 'Ashley calls off sale calls them time wasters' headline coming now

Nobody really has a clue. I'll wait for either an official confirmation on the takeover or a statement from the club or Ashley stating it's bollocks. In my mind Ashley would have released something by now if it was shit and I just don't believe that a multi-billion pound organisation led by member of the Saudi royal family would put their reputation at risk by releasing those statements.

Wrong despots, brah.

Guest godzilla

I’m talking about the Sun doing a follow up story, not BZG releasing statements.

Why would they though?, nothing to report until it's official or Ashley comes out and states bullshit.

TBh i can feel the 'Ashley calls off sale calls them time wasters' headline coming now

Nobody really has a clue. I'll wait for either an official confirmation on the takeover or a statement from the club or Ashley stating it's bollocks. In my mind Ashley would have released something by now if it was shit and I just don't believe that a multi-billion pound organisation led by member of the Saudi royal family would put their reputation at risk by releasing those statements.

Wrong despots, brah.

:lol: :lol:

Why would they though?, nothing to report until it's official or Ashley comes out and states bullshit.

Because they are a newspaper. And newspapers like to investigate stories onviously. Wtf?

You know, like all the other rags seem to be doing.

Oh sorry I forget loads of owners try to sell their club 3 times in 18 months, find real serious buyers, but just can't do a deal. Yes, frequent.

And yes, someone who is trying to sell something, may try to sell something more than once.

Well I don't believe he's really been trying to sell it. Shit, I want to sell my house if anyone will pay me double the going rate.

Guest godzilla

Nobody really has a clue. I'll wait for either an official confirmation on the takeover or a statement from the club or Ashley stating it's bollocks. In my mind Ashley would have released something by now if it was s*** and I just don't believe that a multi-billion pound organisation led by member of the Saudi royal family would put their reputation at risk by releasing those statements.

Wrong despots, brah.

O0

Spot on Godzilla.

Personally, I was swept away with the Staveley stuff, but we were in new territory. I was never convinced of Kenyon, nor I'm I ever convinced of someone trying to get the money together via various parties.

We are all entitled to judge things how we want but there are factors at play now, that were not there during these previous attempts.

1. BZG are loaded

2. They have provided proof of funds

3. They have an agreed price

4. They have begun fit and proper persons (further than anyone else)

5. Mike Ashley has remained silent when it's his favourite hobby shooting down these takeovers

Spot on Godzilla.

Personally, I was swept away with the Staveley stuff, but we were in new territory. I was never convinced of Kenyon, nor I'm I ever convinced of someone trying to get the money together via various parties.

We are all entitled to judge things how we want but there are factors at play now, that were not there during these previous attempts.

1. BZG are loaded

5. Mike Ashley has remained silent when it's his favourite hobby shooting down these takeovers

Did Ashley make a statement about the Kenyon takeover collapsing? I can’t recall it.

I can only remember Ashley’s Oscar-worthy performance on Sky saying Kenyon’s Bid was further along than ever before

Guest godzilla

Because they are a newspaper. And newspapers like to investigate stories onviously. Wtf?

The Sun said it's happening, they would look rather silly if they then contradicted themselves. Honestly don't see why they have a need to until anything official happens.

Well I don't believe he's really been trying to sell it. Shit, I want to sell my house if anyone will pay me double the going rate.

Why spend thousand of pounds and presumably loads of time trying to sell it then? Besides which, hes got his asking price, so it clearly is the "going rate".

The Sun said it's happening, they would look rather silly if they then contradicted themselves. Honestly don't see why they have a need to until anything official happens.

Eh? I didn’t say I was expecting them to release a story contradicting it. I was just surprised they have remained largely silent while most other papers and journos have been releasing stuff.

Spot on Godzilla.

1. BZG are loaded

Did Ashley make a statement about the Kenyon takeover collapsing? I can’t recall it.

I can only remember Ashley’s Oscar-worthy performance on Sky saying Kenyon’s Bid was further along than ever before

Not an official one but yes he told journalists that it had collapsed, followed by "he wants a deposit just to get into the data room guff."

No they didn't because he couldn't raise the funds. Some might of hoped, but there was never any indication that the deal was anywhere completion. When did Kenyon release a statement saying, the fee had been agreed, proof of funds supplied and sent to the PL for the fit and proper test.

:lol:

Fans' groups called off protests to help the 'takeover' last time (who exactly asked them to do this?).

Also Kenyon was reported to have agreed a fee in principle: https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/12/mike-ashley-agrees-300m-deal-in-principle-to-sell-newcastle-united-by-instalments-report/

Theres only a suggestion that BZG have agreed on a price too. It can still go the same way as the last one.

And Kenyon released a letter thanking Mike for being so good to deal with, you couldn't make this shit up: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-peter-kenyon-letter-mike-15633013

All I'm saying is, why are people so sure we're gonna be sold? OK, this might be a bit further, but theres still every chance it will go the same way as previous takeovers that never happened.

Where is it confirmed that the fit and proper persons test has been triggered? Or is this just assuming from something?

It isn’t confirmed as far as I’m aware but BZG said that they are awaiting the ‘so-called fit and proper test’ and are ready to assist the PL with it. Think Ashley is the one who has to submit the actual forms with the PL.

Guest godzilla

Eh? I didn’t say I was expecting them to release a story contradicting it. I was just surprised they have remained largely silent while most other papers and journos have been releasing stuff.

No what I'm saying is that would be the only need for them to come out to further report on their story, must other papers and journalists have just came out with bullshit based on zero proof.

Where is it confirmed that the fit and proper persons test has been triggered? Or is this just assuming from something?

It isn’t confirmed as far as I’m aware but BZG said that they are awaiting the ‘so-called fit and proper test’ and are ready to assist the PL with it. Think Ashley is the one who has to submit the actual forms with the PL.

So the statement that didn't actually say it's started?  :lol:

Who sure?

It might happen, it might not, but it's certainly not the same and it's certainly more advanced.

It might happen, it might not. The rest, none of us actually know the truth, same as with Staveley and Kenyon. Theres just so much smoke and mirrors around us though, I'm sick of it.

We all just want us to be a normal, well ran club. Imagine being able to make signings in the timeframe of other clubs, rather than the way we take a month to pay Lejeune's release clause for example.

I remember the feeling of deflation when Stanley's bid failed, as I was just starting to believe it was happening. There were HUGE noises that it was going to be completed, then he calls them time wasters.

I'm not putting myself in that position again.

Guest godzilla

:lol:

Fans' groups called off protests to help the 'takeover' last time (who exactly asked them to do this?).

Also Kenyon was reported to have agreed a fee in principle: https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/12/mike-ashley-agrees-300m-deal-in-principle-to-sell-newcastle-united-by-instalments-report/

Theres only a suggestion that BZG have agreed on a price too. It can still go the same way as the last one.

And Kenyon released a letter thanking Mike for being so good to deal with, you couldn't make this s*** up: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-peter-kenyon-letter-mike-15633013

All I'm saying is, why are people so sure we're gonna be sold? OK, this might be a bit further, but theres still every chance it will go the same way as previous takeovers that never happened.

You said everyone though and  that wasn't the case. Nobody is sure, but we can only go off actual statements which have been released and which haven't been denied by Ashley or the club. You may be right, I personally have got no reason to doubt the BZG statement and in comparison Kenyon's letter he released at no time sid a deal had been agreed - big difference