1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Hob-Nob

Rich-Tea    Garibaldi    Digestive  Viscount

Wagon Wheel  Gold Bar

Custard cream

Oreo        Malted Milk      Jaffa Cake

On a day of complete insanity, this has made me laugh the most!!!!

My only real and legitimate concern is what happens if it rains? It could all get very messy???

Hob-Nob

Wagon Wheel  Gold Bar

Custard cream

On a day of complete insanity, this has made me laugh the most!!!!

My only real and legitimate concern is what happens if it rains? It could all get very messy???

The team would disintegrate under pressure.

Guest The Little Waster

You'd have to be wary of forrin imports not being as robust but why no digestive with Lurpak on ? ( Stairway to heaven )

Hob-Nob

Wagon Wheel  Gold Bar

Custard cream

There's no pace in that back four.

Hob-Nob

Wagon Wheel  Gold Bar

Custard cream

There's no pace in that back four.

Yes, they'd definitely crumble under pressure.

Could me nothing. Could me something.

https://www.mcvuk.com/game-accepts-sports-directs-mandatory-offer/

GAME’s board of directors has just announced it will accept Sports Direct’s mandatory cash offer made on June 5th.

The High Street retailer said in an announcement: “The board has been considering the merits of the mandatory offer and consulting with its major shareholders and advisers, whilst also actively engaging in normal course discussions with Sports Direct and its advisers during this time. Whilst the board is disappointed that Sports Direct decided to issue its offer document unilaterally whilst these discussions were ongoing, the board has unanimously concluded, following a period of detailed deliberation and having been so advised by Canaccord Genuity Limited, that 30 pence per share represents a fair value for the group and intends, therefore, to recommend that shareholders accept the mandatory offer, as those members of the board who hold GAME shares intend to do.”

I think Mike Ashley is living 10-20 years ago in his head. Why on earth would you buy a game shop when the new generation of consoles are about to come out as mostly streaming boxes.

Sure the PS5 and Next Xbox will have a disc drive but that will be for Blu Ray movies and even that’s not the strongest market anymore.

If he’d put all that money he wasted on Debenhams, Game and HoF into Microsoft instead, he’d be on the pigs back right now.

Total fuckwit

How much money can the fat bastard want? How old is he? 55? Surely you would just cash the lot in and sale off into the sunset to wherever you please and live the rest of your days in luxury without having to do a days work again.

I don't get the motivation to still be working and getting stress/abuse etc when you are already filthy rich

I think Mike Ashley is living 10-20 years ago in his head. Why on earth would you buy a game shop when the new generation of consoles are about to come out as mostly streaming boxes.

Sure the PS5 and Next Xbox will have a disc drive but that will be for Blu Ray movies and even that’s not the strongest market anymore.

If he’d put all that money he wasted on Debenhams, Game and HoF into Microsoft instead, he’d be on the pigs back right now.

Total fuckwit

Biscuits aside......the guy seems to have absolutely no clear plan or idea what he wants to do with his growing empire of failed businesses. So many dirty fingers in rotten pies.

I've held some very senior positions in retail and the retail groups he's bought into are all on their last legs. Ashley is many things but a retail genius he is not. Making them big again is going to take many hundreds of millions, if that's even what he wants to do. Assuming he knows what he wants to do.

It's this that gives me hope about the takeover. If he is determined to make a go of them all (what's the point in buying them otherwise?) then he needs a very substantial pool of cash to invest in them. About as much as he'd get by selling us.

Please let this be true because it means all this grief is worthwhile. Now, back to biscuits......

Total fuckwit

he just seems to be in these deals for the stock no?  buy them for a fraction of the cost, lie about rejuvenating them and then flogging the stock off

Isn't it a bit of, absorb smaller retailer, use bigger clout to negotiate down rents a bit and thus make it look like you've turned the business around, strip any assets then sell it on for a profit?

If he sold the club and all his shares in other businesses wouldn't he have close to a billion pound to retire on? I don't get going to all this hassle just to try and make a few quid more

It's like one of us winning 30m on the lottery then still going to work and trying to make a few grand here and there

If he sold the club and all his shares in other businesses wouldn't he have close to a billion pound to retire on? I don't get going to all this hassle just to try and make a few quid more

It's like one of us winning 30m on the lottery then still going to work and trying to make a few grand here and there

Why do any rich business owners continue to work?

Why do any rich tea business owners continue to work?

fyp

Total fuckwit

he just seems to be in these deals for the stock no?  buy them for a fraction of the cost, lie about rejuvenating them and then flogging the stock off

He’s buying to sell shit that nobody wants any more. Well games are fine but why would you go to a shop when you can stay home and download a game in a few minutes.

MS shares are about 130/40 now, in dollars. They were about 100 just earlier this year. If he’d put 292 million (which is what he’s squandered on HoF, Debenhams and Game combined) into that, he’d have gotten close to 3 million shares. The quarterly dividend alone ($0.46 per share) would pocket him $1.5 million.. every couple of months if he left it there.

Or if he’d just bought the shares earlier in the year and sold them now he’d have pocketed $100m in profit.