Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Say the club is worth £350million, he'd only need 10 individuals/investment groups to invest £25 million each, to sell for £250M. A ten year deal whereby he keeps all the bnefit he now gets, and guarentees to buy the club back for £350M (allowing for inflation) in ten years time.

It's probably a better investment than govt. bonds.

Sorry not going along with these conspiracy theories. Let's just wait until the 30th, but I honestly think that's a bit far fetched mind.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a f***ing good idea.

And do you really believe that will happen, honestly?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. But I'm open to listening to your argument.

It's pure fantasy is my argument.

Well then, for my sake, please explain which bit is unrealistic.

Everything as it won't happen.

Say the club is worth £350million, he'd only need 10 individuals/investment groups to invest £25 million each, to sell for £250M. A ten year deal whereby he keeps all the bnefit he now gets, and guarentees to buy the club back for £350M (allowing for inflation) in ten years time.

Sorry not going along with these conspiracy theories. Let's just wait until the 30th, but I honestly think that's a bit far fetched mind.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. But I'm open to listening to your argument.

That doesn't mean it is unrealistic. I don't think it will happen either, I just said I wouldn't be surprised. I'm asking you why it is unrealistic, not if it will happen.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fucking good idea.

Its a good idea to setup a group of people to buy your own club so you don't have to sell it to someone else?  What are you on about man?

Guest godzilla

That doesn't mean it is unrealistic. I don't think it will happen either, I just said I wouldn't be surprised. I'm asking you why it is unrealistic, not if it will happen.

To me if it won’t happen it’s unrealistic. No consortium is going to accept Ashley making money from having control of advertising, sponsorship, merchandise yet not putting anything into the club. Where is the money going to come from to improve the club when it’s going to Ashley. Buying players and paying wages is not cheap you know. Ashley then to buy the club back for an additional 100 million is nonsense when he can just keep the club to himself and pocket any fees as he will only be getting 250 to then pay back 350. Just does not make business sense as the money from advertising etc.. is not as much as some on here think it is for a start look at the accounts. To improve that any new consortium would need full control to make this happen. To improve the team they will also need to invest, yet with your thinking good money to use on this would be going to Ashley.

Guest godzilla

Its a good idea to setup a group of people to buy your own club so you don't have to sell it to someone else?  What are you on about man?

Because business people wouldn’t do it see above.

To me if it won’t happen it’s unrealistic. No consortium is going to accept Ashley making money from having control of advertising, sponsorship, merchandise yet not putting anything into the club. Where is the money going to come from to improve the club when it’s going to Ashley. Buying players and paying wages is not cheap you know. Ashley then to buy the club back for an additional 100 million is nonsense when he can just keep the club to himself and pocket any fees as he will only be getting 250 to then pay back 350. Just does not make business sense as the money from advertising etc.. is not as much as some on here think it is for a start look at the accounts. To improve that any new consortium would need full control to make this happen. To improve the team they will also need to invest, yet with your thinking good money to use on this would be going to Ashley.

Him buying it back was just me beig lazy. An easy way to explain how they get their profit. An insurance, if you like.

Guest godzilla

Him buying it back was just me beig lazy. An easy way to explain how they get their profit. An insurance, if you like.

Don’t think they would make a profit though as there is going to have to be continuous investment to improve the team or you’re gambling on the Championship. To assist this you would then need far better commercial, advertising and sponsorship deals and with Ashley still controlling that then this won’t happen.

I wonder if there is a possibility that whoever buys the club only has a majority stake for example like 70% of the club. Then they gradually increase their stake in the club until they have full control. That's what happened for Everton and Southampton in their takeovers.

Don’t think they would make a profit though as there is going to have to be continuous investment to improve the team or you’re gambling on the Championship. To assist this you would then need far better commercial, advertising and sponsorship deals and with Ashley still controlling that then this won’t happen.

He wouldn't be in total control though, he'd just have what he has now. The rest would be available for sale to other parties, Kenyon could probably increase what we already make over and above Ashley's freebies.

There are numerous commercial opportunities that Ashley has ignored, because they would benefit the club, and serve no benefit to SD. There is definitely money to be made on the footballing side of things.

Guest godzilla

He wouldn't be in total control though, he'd just have what he has now. The rest would be available for sale to other parties, Kenyon could probably increase what we already make over and above Ashley's freebies.

There are numerous commercial opportunities that Ashley has ignored, because they would benefit the club, and serve no benefit to SD. There is definitely money to be made on the footballing side of things.

If he has what he has now then sorry that’s quite a bit control. No business consortium would accept him having any part of anything; and are these Ashley apologists going to invest vast sums of money into the playing side? As for commercial revenues, Ashley has had plenty of opportunity to sort this out. What makes you think someone like Kenyon or another Ashley associate is going to do any better. If Ashley still has any part of the club it will benefit him and Sports Direct first. Agree to disagree I just can’t see any realistic business consortium accepting those terms. It will be a clean break or the club will remain unsold.

Ashley will be hawking us to the best bidder for him. I don't necessarily mean the highest price but the party that concedes the most to Ashley's side in respect of sponsorship, longer term rights, kit deals etc.

This is going to be horrible but I'm taking a punt on Kenyon's being the deal that get's done and for the worse e.g: a new owner with f*** all funds who has scraped the barrel to get us and can barely afford to run us given M.A's ridiculous demands.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheikh walks tbqh.

If the Kenyon deal comes off, that I predicted last time, given some knowledge of it, we'd all rather Ashley. That's how bad I think it'll be.

Kenyon’s deal never got off the ground as he couldn’t get the investors on board. Doubt much has changed there. He’s never been owner material.

Ashley might very well be playing some last minute asshole moves with BZG, or maybe it’s the other way around..

There’s a reason the Bishop machine sprung to life this week. Why?

Maybe it’s all good to go and the reports about them wanting Mourinho are true? So they wait and let Benítez walk and Ashley gets all the flack.

:spit:

Not read the latest quotes from Mourinho on his next job have you? :lol:

Odin do you just say this stuff to be popular on here because it seems it.

What you going to tell us next the Sheikh wants Rafa out but has Keegan lined up as director football.

Or Sheikh wants to re open Shearers bar by the end of the month?

What line are you going to feed us next to be popular... :sleepy2:

I have no interest in being popular. This thread is tiresome. Not unlike having brat children in the back of a stuffy car on the way to the Lake District.. “are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!”

Mourinho didn’t say he didn’t want to manage nufc, he said he wanted an interesting project. The reality is he’ll go somewhere that has a chance of winning something and will pay his massive salary. If he doesn’t get that he’ll take a step back and do international management.

Back to the main point.

Just look at the facts. The statements which have come out. Why would you doubt them?

Do you really think Mike Ashley got a leading Dubai conglomerate which is many times the size of Sports Direct to make false statements and risk their reputation just so Mike Ashley could fuck Benitez over?

Think about how mental that sounds.

Yes Caulkin is a respected journalist when it comes to this club but everything he’s written has been guess work over the last few weeks.

He didn’t have the scoop on the takeover, he hasn’t had any direct quotes from Benitez. Everything he wrote earlier is just his opinion.

And why not, being negative is the safe call when it comes to this club. Seems to be your safe space too..

Ashley will be hawking us to the best bidder for him. I don't necessarily mean the highest price but the party that concedes the most to Ashley's side in respect of sponsorship, longer term rights, kit deals etc.

This is going to be horrible but I'm taking a punt on Kenyon's being the deal that get's done and for the worse e.g: a new owner with f*** all funds who has scraped the barrel to get us and can barely afford to run us given M.A's ridiculous demands.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheikh walks tbqh.

If the Kenyon deal comes off, that I predicted last time, given some knowledge of it, we'd all rather Ashley. That's how bad I think it'll be.

Kenyon’s deal never got off the ground as he couldn’t get the investors on board. Doubt much has changed there. He’s never been owner material.

Ashley might very well be playing some last minute asshole moves with BZG, or maybe it’s the other way around..

There’s a reason the Bishop machine sprung to life this week. Why?

Maybe it’s all good to go and the reports about them wanting Mourinho are true? So they wait and let Benítez walk and Ashley gets all the flack.

:spit:

Not read the latest quotes from Mourinho on his next job have you? :lol:

Odin do you just say this stuff to be popular on here because it seems it.

What you going to tell us next the Sheikh wants Rafa out but has Keegan lined up as director football.

Or Sheikh wants to re open Shearers bar by the end of the month?

What line are you going to feed us next to be popular... :sleepy2:

I have no interest in being popular. This thread is tiresome. Not unlike having brat children in the back of a stuffy car on the way to the Lake District.. “are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!”

Mourinho didn’t say he didn’t want to manage nufc, he said he wanted an interesting project. The reality is he’ll go somewhere that has a chance of winning something and will pay his massive salary. If he doesn’t get that he’ll take a step back and do international management.

Back to the main point.

Just look at the facts. The statements which have come out. Why would you doubt them?

Do you really think Mike Ashley got a leading Dubai conglomerate which is many times the size of Sports Direct to make false statements and risk their reputation just so Mike Ashley could f*** Benitez over?

Think about how mental that sounds.

Yes Caulkin is a respected journalist when it comes to this club but everything he’s written has been guess work over the last few weeks.

He didn’t have the scoop on the takeover, he hasn’t had any direct quotes from Benitez. Everything he wrote earlier is just his opinion.

And why not, being negative is the safe call when it comes to this club. Seems to be your safe space too..

I'd been quite optimistic about all this, partially on the basis that we  hadn't heard anything from the club since the news broke, but now that we're approaching judgement day, it's a very worrying sign that we're starting to hear murmurings of discontent.

Murmurings from whom though? The local journos? Some numptie on twitter?

We’ve heard nothing from anyone currently connected with the club. Not Ashley, not Charnley and not Rafa either.

If Rafa simply thought Ashley was being a cunt, he would have made it known weeks ago. But no, he’s been silent. He’s waiting for something

Guest The Little Waster

" Do you really think Mike Ashley got a leading Dubai conglomerate which is many times the size of Sports Direct to make false statements and risk their reputation just so Mike Ashley could fuck Benitez over? "

Strawman ... BZG maybe genuine , but Ashley is anything but . Theres still no pressing reason for him to sell , he can reject genuine offers all day long

But he hasn’t rejected. They’ve agreed terms. Most probably way past that point.

Why would they set up a holding company if they got the feeling they were being fucked around?

We’ve heard nothing from anyone currently connected with the club. Not Ashley, not Charnley and not Rafa either.

If Rafa simply thought Ashley was being a c***, he would have made it known weeks ago. But no, he’s been silent. He’s waiting for something

I'm not privy to the kind of information that's available to you, so I have no choice but to base my opinions on the words of those very numpties. I'm very open to the idea that whilst there is clearly a load of horseshit out there, there's also no smoke without fire.

If Rafa simply thought Ashley was being a c***, he would have made it known weeks ago. But no, he’s been silent. He’s waiting for something

My views were that Rafa was in a win win situation if he signed up, but I guess I hadn't really factored in Rafa's commitment to his principles. There is literally no precedent of him shying away or doing a U turn on any of them.

If Rafa leaves he will have his reasons but I really hope this is a case of him not wanting to deal with Ashley and waiting for the new guys to come in.

I’d love to know what was said at that meeting because in the weeks leading up to it they had discussions and he seemed way more positive.

My views were that Rafa was in a win win situation if he signed up, but I guess I hadn't really factored in Rafa's commitment to his principles. There is literally no precedent of him shying away or doing a U turn on any of them.

I agree sign the 1 year contract and just wait Mike Ashley out over the next year till the takeover finally happens then extend further when the takeover happens.

If it never happens over the next year he can then just leave at the end of next season.

I’m hoping he signs the 1 year contract which will at least give us security till a takeover happens hopefully in the next year.

Rafa Benitez is our security till a takeover happens it’s absolutely vital for the football club he stays until a takeover finally happens :thup:

How much money can the fat bastard want? How old is he? 55? Surely you would just cash the lot in and sale off into the sunset to wherever you please and live the rest of your days in luxury without having to do a days work again.

I don't get the motivation to still be working and getting stress/abuse etc when you are already filthy rich

I have the misfortune (though it is good for business) to work indirectly with lots of these rich fuckers many worth a lot more than fat ash. It's no longer  about the money at a certain point, it's about the game, doing the deal and thinking you've won, it's gambling, brinkmanship, one upmanship, that's what interests them. Virtually all cunts in my experience.

If Rafa leaves he will have his reasons but I really hope this is a case of him not wanting to deal with Ashley and waiting for the new guys to come in.

I’d love to know what was said at that meeting because in the weeks leading up to it they had discussions and he seemed way more positive.

I know it's Darren Gough of all people, but everytime I hear the words "goalposts" and "moved" my heart sinks. We all know he's definitely got a precedent for that. The idea that Ashley may even entertain the idea of jeapordising this sale or the re signing of Rafa does worry me with reagrds to his intentions with BZG.

Ashley loves a gamble so wouldn’t surprise me if he risked scuppering a deal by moving the goalposts in order to try to squeeze a few more million out of a potential buyer at the last minute.