Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Imagine he turns out to be worse than Ashley.  :lol:

He'd have to actively actively try to destroy is to be worse. At times it's been hard to think that hasn't been Ashley's aim (I'm sure it wasn't) such were the levels of incompetence he's demonstrated whilst running us.

Being worse would require actual malice. I'm happy to roll the dice on this one.

Guest godzilla

I’m fairly convinced that all of the groups previously interested in Newcastle were genuine or genuinely looked into the possibility of a purchase, it’s too far fetched to say these people were somehow engineered by Mike to self sabotage.

On the flip side I strongly suspect that Ashley and his associates have leaked stuff in the past about interest in the club and any potential takeovers for his own benefit, main reason being to avoid having to spend money in the short term and create uncertainty at the club.  Also to plant the seed with supporters that he was a keen seller when in reality he wasn’t.  It doesn’t mean those groups weren’t real but Ashley is an opportunist who will exploit a situation  whenever he can. 

Hopefully this time complete silence from the club means he is a committed seller and this will be different.

I thought it was happening before today with the two statements released and the absolute silence from Ashley, the club and the Premier League. Today with the formation of the new company I am without doubt that this is happening and very soon. It also should be noted that Ashley has done some official 'tidying up' work within the last 24 hours, which surely is no coincidence. Less certain but maybe worth keeping in mind is the alleged removal of the Sports Direct signs for alleged cleaning. Timing is key and everything is telling me anyway that it's full steam ahead now.

Edit: think you're right about the other groups but they were based on getting the necessary investment together which they were unable to do so. However I think this group more than has the right funds in place to make it happen.

I’m fairly convinced that all of the groups previously interested in Newcastle were genuine or genuinely looked into the possibility of a purchase, it’s too far fetched to say these people were somehow engineered by Mike to self sabotage.

On the flip side I strongly suspect that Ashley and his associates have leaked stuff in the past about interest in the club and any potential takeovers for his own benefit, main reason being to avoid having to spend money in the short term and create uncertainty at the club.  Also to plant the seed with supporters that he was a keen seller when in reality he wasn’t.  It doesn’t mean those groups weren’t real but Ashley is an opportunist who will exploit a situation  whenever he can. 

Hopefully this time complete silence from the club means he is a committed seller and this will be different.

I thought it was happening before today with the two statements released and the absolute silence from Ashley, the club and the Premier League. Today with the formation of the new company I am without doubt that this is happening and very soon. It also should be noted that Ashley has done some official 'tidying up' work within the last 24 hours, which surely is no coincidence. Less certain but maybe worth keeping in mind is the alleged removal of the Sports Direct signs for alleged cleaning. Timing is key and everything is telling me anyway that it's full steam ahead now.

None of the Sports Direct signs have been taken down.....

...yet.

Reckon PL has given the green light and the holding company is being set up to facilitate payment and the transfer of shareholing from MASH to this BZG company. BZG pays money into the holding company which is then wired to MASH.

Guest godzilla

...yet.

I thought there was photos of some being removed, maybe wrong on that?

Reckon PL has given the green light and the holding company is being set up to facilitate payment and the transfer of shareholing from MASH to this BZG company. BZG pays money into the holding company which is then wired to MASH.

Money will surely go through lawyers first, then assets gets transferred over to Mono.

...yet.

Was wrong, videos and photos since have shown them to still be up.

Guest godzilla

...yet.

Was wrong, videos and photos since have shown them to still be up.

O0

Guest alijmitchell

I’ve been pretty sceptical/skeptical since the start, but I’d have to be bonkers to think this is all part of some evil Mike Ashley ruse, plotted away by himself, thumb heed and that PR cunt, in cahoots with the media and willing stooges in the UAE. However, in the knowledge that Fat Mike is a fucking giant arsehole who is likely to pull the plug for any number of childish reasons, I’m still thinking there’s a pretty large chance nowt will happen.

@ County Durham Mag

Nice and funny dig at some posters who just yesterday still adamant that the whole thing is a set up by Ashley and co.

? In English please

You are so insane he thinks you are being sarcastic.  :lol:

Guest godzilla

I’ve been pretty sceptical/skeptical since the start, but I’d have to be bonkers to think this is all part of some evil Mike Ashley ruse, plotted away by himself, thumb heed and that PR c***, in cahoots with the media and willing stooges in the UAE. However, in the knowledge that Fat Mike is a f***ing giant arsehole who is likely to pull the plug for any number of childish reasons, I’m still thinking there’s a pretty large chance nowt will happen.

I genuinely do feel he actually does want to sell and this time he is getting what he wants cash wise. He's going to make a tidy profit out of it also.

What we reckoning tomorrow brings then

Good news seems to be followed by days of silence

The forecast is more days of Ashley stringing everyone along whilst Rafas contract and the transfer window are a week closer to ending

Are you Gallowgate End's evil twin?

I have it 75/25 likely to happen at the minute :thup:

Looking more likely to happen.

Nesreen Osman and her team in both UAE and the UK office are the lawyers looking out for BZG’s interests. No idea about Ashley’s side.

Conflict of interest in having the same firm is correct. BZG have used Pinsent on major construction work before so they have history.

My source at Pinsents tells me her team have already been in discussions with Benítez but at an early stage. All very relaxed as this is a totally new contract with a new employer but he’s probably having to sell his vision all over again so it will take time.

Thread makes a comeback.

Conflict resolution is her thing and guiding clients through negotiations etc. I’d never heard of her before today but she seems to be involved in commercial developments so hopefully there’s a bigger picture going on.

Guest godzilla

Deals done as far as I’m concerned. Just a matter of when it’s officially announced.

Rafa staying is now my concern.

I'm sure you said the same about Staveleasy.

Think he's right this time though

Nesreen Osman and her team in both UAE and the UK office are the lawyers looking out for BZG’s interests. No idea about Ashley’s side.

Conflict of interest in having the same firm is correct. BZG have used Pinsent on major construction work before so they have history.

My source at Pinsents tells me her team have already been in discussions with Benítez but at an early stage. All very relaxed as this is a totally new contract with a new employer but he’s probably having to sell his vision all over again so it will take time.

1ec7262827a17a6ac73937ebe01926a0_original.gif?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1517378259&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=2c75230ed2faa2ff9a70c26330417871