Joelinton

Stifler

Think he did alright when I flogged him on Football Manager. Went to Norwich and bagged between 8-12 goals a season before moving to Stoke in the twilight of his career.

:milner:

Pretty sure where this notion of "inflated fee to beat the work permit" comes from, too.

Not only was Ashley so jazzed on this guy, but he lost Rafa over it*, "put in 20m from his own pocket" and agreed to a massively inflated fee to ensure he could come. Sure :thup:

* Okay, contributed to, was the final straw, was emblematic of their relationship. Whatever.

Always the victim, it's never his fault

It was his fault to some extent. He wasn't great yesterday, but still looked better than a fair proportion of those who were playing behind him. I was far more concerned how we couldn't even move the ball from the back to front yesterday which resulted in something like 37% possession yesterday against a championship team. The football was absolutely rank, and that is a bigger concern to me.

Given the replies to this and the responses Kaka has had for not absolutely slating the lad and saying he’s shite reminds me of Thauvin in almost every way. A young player new to the league asked to play in an unfamiliar position by a poor manager in system that didn’t suite him. I can’t remember a player that got more stick from the fan base at the time, a couple of years later he’s in the French team with all of their attacking options.

I don’t think anyone in the right mind would try and suggest Joelinton has been anything other than terrible. I also don’t think you’re really stretching to suggest there’s a good player there somewhere, like Thauvin. Getting the best out of him and whether that’ll happen here seems increasingly unlikely though.

Just imagine being good enough to get into that French team, but being slated while at this tragic club man :lol:

I see the latest old trope about Joelinton is that he can't kick a ball now, just like Luuk De Jong supposedly couldn't. Only at Newcastle these players suddenly can't kick a ball :lol:

Just send Joelinton out to someone that knows what the hell they are doing and go and get Troy Deeney in, which is what the fans here really want. He'll cherish every hoof at his noggin, charge around like a Buffalo and smash into people to their heart's delight.

It was his fault to some extent. He wasn't great yesterday, but still looked better than a fair proportion of those who were playing behind him. I was far more concerned how we couldn't even move the ball from the back to front yesterday which resulted in something like 37% possession yesterday against a championship team. The football was absolutely rank, and that is a bigger concern to me.

People have decided everything he does is shit now man. They will never see any different if he doesn't score in a game :lol:

In the lead up to the goal Gillespie launched a ball at him from the back and as he goes to challenge for it the defender absolutely clatters him from the back before it falls to Almiron to send Fraser through. In the match thread he was even being criticised for that :lol:

It's just pitiful stuff at this point. Really hope he can get a move away.

Given the replies to this and the responses Kaka has had for not absolutely slating the lad and saying he’s shite reminds me of Thauvin in almost every way. A young player new to the league asked to play in an unfamiliar position by a poor manager in system that didn’t suite him. I can’t remember a player that got more stick from the fan base at the time, a couple of years later he’s in the French team with all of their attacking options.

I don’t think anyone in the right mind would try and suggest Joelinton has been anything other than terrible. I also don’t think you’re really stretching to suggest there’s a good player there somewhere, like Thauvin. Getting the best out of him and whether that’ll happen here seems increasingly unlikely though.

Just imagine being good enough to get into that French team, but being slated while at this tragic club man :lol:

I see the latest old trope about Joelinton is that he can't kick a ball now, just like Luuk De Jong supposedly couldn't. Only at Newcastle these players suddenly can't kick a ball :lol:

Just send Joelinton out to someone that knows what the hell they are doing and go and get Troy Deeney in, which is what the fans here really want. He'll cherish every hoof at his noggin, charge around like a Buffalo and smash into people to their heart's delight.

Bit straw man this post.

Nobody wants us to get Deeney in - hence why it's been discussed on this board, and people said so.

People have decided everything he does is shit now man. They will never see any different if he doesn't score in a game :lol:

In the lead up to the goal Gillespie launched a ball at him from the back and as he goes to challenge for it the defender absolutely clatters him from the back before it falls to Almiron to send Fraser through. In the match thread he was even being criticised for that :lol:

Absolutely clatters him? :lol: Have a word man. The highlights are on youtube if you need reminding. 26 seconds in. He doesn't get clattered at all.

DuzGRPh.png

fzvW750.png

"Absolutely clatters" :lol:

He's not getting a move away, we are not exactly flush for strikers. With Carroll and Gayle being crocked for the majority of the season, he'll be playing plenty of games, although hopefully mostly off the bench as he's certainly not ready to lead the line. I'm just pleased we have Wilson here now, he is ready to take on the role of leading centre forward. I still think he might enjoy playing with Joelinton.

Kaka rates every footballer.

I just don't see how I can call someone a shit player when he isn't even being played in a team that can keep the ball enough to get him in any sort of decent scenarios to even begin to do anything, never mind what position or role he is even being given, which is a whole other story. This has been since he joined by the way.

Why have we bought someone that came from a team good enough to be playing in the champions league with a top manager and tactician, a team that moves the ball around well and functions completely differently and then just thrown him up top and played long balls to him. All to just then proclaim how shit he is?! This really makes sense to people? Okay.

Now he is magically lazy and lethargic too. Despite the fact he played for a high pressing team last year and this was listed as one of his strengths.

Until we put this guy in a half decent team that can even perform to an okay level like we did on Saturday and he looks rubbish then, I am not having it.

I just don't see how I can call someone a shit player when he isn't even being played in a team that can keep the ball enough to get him in any sort of decent scenarios to even begin to do anything, never mind what position or role he is even being given, which is a whole other story. This has been since he joined by the way.

Why have we bought someone that came from a team good enough to be playing in the champions league with a top manager and tactician, a team that moves the ball around well and functions completely differently and then just thrown him up top and played long balls to him. All to just then proclaim how shit he is?! This really makes sense to people? Okay.

Now he is magically lazy and lethargic too. Despite the fact he played for a high pressing team last year and this was listed as one of his strengths.

Until we put this guy in a half decent team that can even perform to an okay level like we did on Saturday and he looks rubbish then, I am not having it.

Kaka, when people say he's shit, they really mean "he's currently shit, for us, in this team". Just accept it and move on :lol:

Absolutely clatters him? :lol: Have a word man. The highlights are on youtube if you need reminding. 26 seconds in. He doesn't get clattered at all.

DuzGRPh.png

fzvW750.png

Is that not the defenders elbow going into the back of his head in both pictures? :lol:

This is just embarrassing at this point man, but carry on :lol:

Everyone can see what they want to see I guess. My goodness :lol:

DuzGRPh.png

fzvW750.png

Is that not the defenders elbow going into the back of his head in both pictures? :lol:

This is just embarrassing at this point man, but carry on :lol:

Everyone can see what they want to see I guess. My goodness :lol:

Spot on, that's clearly what you're doing.

He felt the defender behind him and went down claiming a foul (which it wasn't). Probably because he had zero confidence that he could win the ball, or do anything with it if he did win it. Luckily both Almiron and Fraser are switched on and scored a good goal, rather than just hoping for a freekick.

Joelinton is shit. And we played better than OK on Saturday.

Wilson did v West Ham what Joelinton has barely done since he signed. Looked after the ball, worked hard and was in general a nuisance for the opposition.

At some point you can’t just keep blaming the system or manager. When the guy is through on goal or has a chance to shoot or pass and he ends up fumbling the ball under his own feet or hit the shot low into the ground to the keeper tamely, you can only look at the facts and this is a player who can’t even do the simple shit correctly in a match.

I’d be first to criticize the manager - the system sucks. We can’t retain the ball. We can’t pass the ball when our first team isn’t in; but stop making excuses for a 40m attacker. It’s on him as much as it’s on the club and Bruce.

Nothing more needs to be said.

I've seen enough.

And you're entitled to that opinion. Just like I am mine, and I think he's being screwed over royally.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion.

The point was that we feel differently about things and that's fine.

Joelinton has been poor since day one at NUFC. He hasn't hid in so far as he has made himself available for pretty much every game he's been here. He could have played up a knock to get out of some games but he hasn't. People say it's a confidence thing. He couldn't play in front of "the demanding Newcastle crowd" but when the stadium is empty he's exactly the same.

At some point you can’t just keep blaming the system or manager. When the guy is through on goal or has a chance to shoot or pass and he ends up fumbling the ball under his own feet or hit the shot low into the ground to the keeper tamely, you can only look at the facts and this is a player who can’t even do the simple shit correctly in a match.

I’d be first to criticize the manager - the system sucks. We can’t retain the ball. We can’t pass the ball when our first team isn’t in; but stop making excuses for a 40m attacker. It’s on him as much as it’s on the club and Bruce.

Just seen too many players go down this route here man. It's always the same chat that they're just not good enough.

We just need to sign more direct and rudimentary players with one of, or a combination of power and pace as a starting point, because ultimately that will always be useful to the kind of managers being preferred here.

Just seen too many players go down this route here man. It's always the same chat that they're just not good enough.

We just need to sign more direct and rudimentary players with one of, or a combination of power and pace as a starting point, because ultimately that will always be useful to the kind of managers being preferred here.

Funny how we seem to sign shit under Mike Ashley, innit?

Funny how we seem to sign shit under Mike Ashley, innit?

Shit managers, yes.