Pierre Boya

Nicky

MAGS SRBIJA, gde si tebra :p

I didn't bother to read much of this thread, and I'll be quick...

This Boya man was goalless FOR A YEAR and he played for the second-best team in Serbia. Imagine a player who starts every game for Glasgow Rangers and can't score a goal FOR A YEAR playing against Inverness, Partick, Kilmarnock etc. cause this is what Boya was doing, making us, the Red Star Belgrade fans smiling all the way...

So, if we signed him, I would be very very concerned about where this club is going....

Oh yes, Boya was out of Partizan team for a long time because their current coach won't play him. He was on trial at a Polish club recently, and they opted not to sign him. Polish club, hello!!! You do the maths!

And the 'giant' player teepee is asking about is Nikola Zigic. Look up his stats in Spanish Primera Division, or ask and Racing Santander fan what he thinks of Zigic.

Boya is Leyton Orient material.

Evo me Brate...

Agreed 100 %...

Zigic is much better player than Boya.Zigic is class.

well our scouts have obviously seen something they like about him.

If he impresses in training then great, if not nothing lost but at least we get the chance to see him up close and the staff can work with him for a while.

Dont think anyone can condem us for doing this kind of thing though, its win win.

He sounds like an awfull buy, but I was guarenteed by city fans sibbers was the worst signing we could ever make.

A different league, style of play, club, better players around him and some confidence can be the magic ingredient for any player.

Im just encouraged we are out there looking..

well our scouts have obviously seen something they like about him.

If he impresses in training then great, if not nothing lost but at least we get the chance to see him up close and the staff can work with him for a while.

Dont think anyone can condem us for doing this kind of thing though, its win win.

He sounds like an awfull buy, but I was guarenteed by city fans sibbers was the worst signing we could ever make.

A different league, style of play, club, better players around him and some confidence can be the magic ingredient for any player.

Im just encouraged we are out there looking..

Agree with all that, not expecting a top class striker to be joining BUT if he does impress he may not be the worst player in the world and even a good squad player.

I don't really care if he "looks good in training", this guy didn't score for a YEAR AND HALF. That's incredible when you consider he was playing for one of the top teams in SERBIA. There must be better options anywhere

Guest the_serbian_mag

Yes, MAGS SERBIA supports partizan, the Belgrade black and whites.

I, on the other hand, support Red Star, the Belgrade red and whites. Strange really, but true.

Anyway, MAGS SERBIA is from the city of Novi Sad, so he should really be supporting Vojvodina(also a red and white team), but that's not my biZness :)

Oh, yeah, I'm better-looking too :)

Boya is a striker but I believe MS is saying that a player who can't score for that long can't really call himself a striker...

Anyway, I don't know that much about Boya except he's from Cameroon, that he's very strong, but that's the end of his "plus sides". His finishing ability is zero, he isn't exactley a fast sprinter, and not really sure can he be used as a target man, as he doesn't have the minimum of tehnique, nor is he better in the air than Sibierski...

Chopra is twice the player IMO, but he "wasn't good enough", I suppose... But ok, that's another matter.

Bottom line: it's good to see there's activity in looking for new players, and cheap for that matter, but if we signed this one, that'll really really be poor. Even a "don't-give-a-toss" Luque would be much better playing upfront....

Guest khainufc

Pierre Boya...

like many of u all i certainly never heard of him b4...

but since he is young and available...i think the is no risk of acquring him...If he blossom here it will be a bonus...I see him as a back up when rossi leave...

but hey dont we have a good striker at our youth academy...

suddenly im missing Chopra

Same with peoples expectations of Butt when he came back.

Now that IS a good point.

Most weren't happy with Butt coming back.

But the lad has put the effort in and BINGO !

Now he's arguably our best and most consistent player (along with Taylor and Given that is)

Basically at the very least this lad is going to had some height to the frontline, if he is half decent we don't really lose much. People have commented on his poor scoring form but Davies hasn't been much of a goalscorer for many years, infact im sure sometime last season he scored his first goal for over a year but quite a few wouldn't mind him.

I assume Roeder is looking at him to play a similar role to Sibierski so if he thinks he is capable of doing this then im willing to give the lad a chance.

Guest Moe-Ali

Never heard of him, but that doesn't mean anything. I'd never heard of Adebayor etc when Arsenal signed them.

I see what you are saying, but adabayor was one of the stars of french football for 2 years, maybe its because u dont watch the french league, or pay attention, now im not picking on you at all, despite how this may sound.

I would understand if you hadnt heard of boya, he plays for a far lesser club than monaco, who produced yor.

so it should be the other way around.

merry xmas.