Pierre Boya

Nicky

Sibreski was a talented player at lens,everyone who saw him back then know that,he just didnt get a fair chance in his city career (um,luque?)

Moore is an average player,souness signed him as a back-up but then he discored just how shite our defender are,so we HAD TO play him in the first team,now both Ramage and Taylor are much better them him

Aye Sibierski and Luque are exactly the same situations  :lol:

Fact is Moore and Sib are good enough to be squad players which is what we need, this kid could be aswell!

Moore and Sibierski couldnt make it into their teams and they were a lot older than 23 when we signed them!

They have history of being decent players though in various games/seasons. This Boya bloke doesn't have that, all he has is a single game to his name.

Charles N'Zogbia was struggling to break into the team of a second division french club, a year later...

Moore and Sibierski couldnt make it into their teams and they were a lot older than 23 when we signed them!

They have history of being decent players though in various games/seasons. This Boya bloke doesn't have that, all he has is a single game to his name.

Charles N'Zogbia was struggling to break into the team of a second division french club, a year later...

remind me how old he was?

Guest Invicta_Toon

'ckin hell!!

People will just moan about everything!

People always complain that our management never try to unearth gems on the cheap. Find our own Rooney or Henry.

Roeder wants to try and risk a small amount of cash to bring in a promising young player. Isnt this what people want as opposed to Luque, Owen, Boumsong, Viana signings?

Can people start to see this as a positive thing rather than OMFG WE HAVE NO DOSH PROPER FUCKED WE ARE!!

Chill

Since then however Boya has failed to score consistently for Partizan and found himself out of the side, appearing in only two of their eight UEFA Cup ties this season and failing to net on either occasion.

23 is not young enough!!

if u are going to gamble on a "young" player then any player u-21 will be good

and he can't make it to the first team in PARTIZAN why the hell does he have a chance of making it here

as i said,we are turning more and more to a mid-table team then a team who a few years ago was playing in the champions league..

syay the bloke who thinks good in Spain = good in England  bluelaugh.gif

perhaps he's shit in Belgrade because they're a bunch of racist nutters

Younger obviously but still made a huge step forward. Some players just don't excel somewhere but can be completely different when they move! Look at Saha, was always average/good, had one very good season at Fulham after a few there was snapped up by Man U and apart from injuries has always been quality and banging them away.

Not saying this lad will be anything like that but he COULD be a good squad player.

Younger obviously but still made a huge step forward. Some players just don't excel somewhere but can be completely different when they move! Look at Saha, was always average/good, had one very good season at Fulham after a few there was snapped up by Man U and apart from injuries has always been quality and banging them away.

Not saying this lad will be anything like that but he COULD be a good squad player.

Yeah fair point, i'm not saying we should sign him up as a squad player but i am just pointing out that we should be careful and need to be sure that he is going to benefit the club. I would be interested to know how much Bernard has cost us in wages so far this season.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yeah fair point, i'm not saying we should sign him up as a squad player but i am just pointing out that we should be careful and need to be sure that he is going to benefit the club. I would be interested to know how much Bernard has cost us in wages so far this season.

I'm guessing 1/20th of what Micheal Owen has, at best

I'm guessing 1/20th of what Micheal Owen has, at best

Well yeah but Owen is a world class player and there weren't many  questioning his signing, it's just been unfortunate that he has had two terrible injuries with absolutely no connection to eachother. Bernard on the other hand, he was great for us but he has struggled with his fitness for months and i'm thinking this hip injury isn't as recent as suggested.

We signed a 22-year old from Coventry not so long ago, who everyone (particularly their supporters) reckoned to be wank. I wonder how he turned out?

We've had players train with us before an not sign and i dare say this lad could be another one of them. Money is tight at the club after mass spending over the last couple of years and we have huge debts and so the wage bill has to be kept under strict control i would imagine, therefore all those saying "we might aswell, he'll be cheap" perhaps need to consider the costs a little more, he will obviously cost a price(however small it is still less to spend on other players), he'll obviously want a signing on fee and his agent will surely look at newcastle and say "yes please!, how much you want to give me?" and then there will be his wage, which may not be huge but in the financial world every little counts and could mean the difference between small profit and small loss (once again less to use on other players). If he genuinely trains well and could be seen as decent back up then yes we should sign him up but having never heard of him before and hearing these poor reports of a lack of goals and lack of first team opportunities at Partizan I think we need to think very carefully whether or not the extra expenditure will balance out with the amount of pressure on first team players to keep their places and the quality of back up (lets face it with our injuries we need decent back up!).

I remember being excited when Coco had a trial here and was expected to sign, but for some reason didn't in the end.

Bad move imo, an Italian international at the time and would have improved our back four and squad without doubt.

:lol: I'm fitter than Coco!

I think Coco actually ended up playing the majority of the season on loan somewhere decent like Livorno

He had a trial with Everton before Newcastle and was fucked off by us too

Reminded me too much of Pistone for my liking

Belive me, Pierre Boya is not player for us.

I see Boya many more times (Partizan Belgrade) and Boya is not good player for Premier League.

Trust me !!!

Maybe you should be saying this to Roeder ;)

Anyway...I like the idea of going for talent hunt with a lower price instead of just buying so called "ready players" with big name and even bigger fee. I know we're a buying club but investing to scouting network wouldn't exactly harm us I guess...

We need strikers and defenders and seeing as at the moment defense particulary full backs are more important I don't mind looking at cheaper options up front. Think if we went for a half decent Championship striker we are talking at least 3 million.

Unless we do get taken over by the transfer window we will not be seeing 5-8 million pound signings, they are going to be more along the lines of Sibs and Rossi. If we can find another gem like Sibs then great because I think he has exceeded everyones expections, mine certainley. I was furious when we signed him, but he has been as important for Roeder as Gallagher was for Sir Bobby Robson in his first season.

We need strikers and defenders and seeing as at the moment defense particulary full backs are more important I don't mind looking at cheaper options up front. Think if we went for a half decent Championship striker we are talking at least 3 million.

Unless we do get taken over by the transfer window we will not be seeing 5-8 million pound signings, they are going to be more along the lines of Sibs and Rossi. If we can find another gem like Sibs then great because I think he has exceeded everyones expections, mine certainley. I was furious when we signed him, but he has been as important for Roeder as Gallagher was for Sir Bobby Robson in his first season.

I still think getting a big bastard of a striker in should be #1 priority, or at least a player to play just off Martins/Owen.

Still maintain we should have had someone like that in the summer, Nikola Zigic was my choice and he went for relative peanuts to Racing Santander and has 5 goals and 5 assists (2 penalties won) in 10 appearances for them. That's the sort of striker we need.

I still think getting a big bastard of a striker in should be #1 priority, or at least a player to play just off Martins/Owen.

I agree we need a big man up front but I'd much prefer a left back first.

LB, Big CF, RB CH that would be the order of my transfers if I had loads of money to spend :lol:

Guest the_serbian_mag

MAGS SRBIJA, gde si tebra :p

I didn't bother to read much of this thread, and I'll be quick...

This Boya man was goalless FOR A YEAR and he played for the second-best team in Serbia. Imagine a player who starts every game for Glasgow Rangers and can't score a goal FOR A YEAR playing against Inverness, Partick, Kilmarnock etc. cause this is what Boya was doing, making us, the Red Star Belgrade fans smiling all the way...

So, if we signed him, I would be very very concerned about where this club is going....

Oh yes, Boya was out of Partizan team for a long time because their current coach won't play him. He was on trial at a Polish club recently, and they opted not to sign him. Polish club, hello!!! You do the maths!

And the 'giant' player teepee is asking about is Nikola Zigic. Look up his stats in Spanish Primera Division, or ask and Racing Santander fan what he thinks of Zigic.

Boya is Leyton Orient material.

MAGS SRBIJA, gde si tebra :p

I didn't bother to read much of this thread, and I'll be quick...

This Boya man was goalless FOR A YEAR and he played for the second-best team in Serbia. Imagine a player who starts every game for Glasgow Rangers and can't score a goal FOR A YEAR playing against Inverness, Partick, Kilmarnock etc. cause this is what Boya was doing, making us, the Red Star Belgrade fans smiling all the way...

So, if we signed him, I would be very very concerned about where this club is going....

Oh yes, Boya was out of Partizan team for a long time because their current coach won't play him. He was on trial at a Polish club recently, and they opted not to sign him. Polish club, hello!!! You do the maths!

And the 'giant' player teepee is asking about is Nikola Zigic. Look up his stats in Spanish Primera Division, or ask and Racing Santander fan what he thinks of Zigic.

Boya is Leyton Orient material.

I've already mentioned Zigic about 5 posts up... 5 goals and 5 assists in 10 games in La Liga.