SWP (Predictable stuff)

sempuki

Would allow us to let Solano concentrate on completing his full conversion to full-back, and Dyer to play off the striker or in the middle. And imo, he's still much much better than Milner. On a loan deal, what harm is there?

Agree 100%, would be a fantastic deal in the short-term. Although it probably would spell the end of Milner as he seems only keen to stick around if he's getting a regular game... unless he could be fobbed off by using Yorkie's logic earlier in the thread.

Would be a great signing. Hardly the area that needs the most attention but we need to bolster our squad and buying better players than we have makes the squad alot stronger.

It would be a bit of the kick in the face for Milner, but he is Versatile enough to slot elsewhere into the team..it was only a couple of years ago he was tipped to shine through the middle rather than the wing.

Both players are young, and whilst they need games to advance they will also hit rocky patches and burn themselves out like la Zog is going through presently.

To compete on three fronts we are going to need a bigger squad with better players. I would be shocked if we did actually manage to sign him though.

Milner and SWP can both play on the right and the left wing. N'Zogbia and Duff haven't been great this season so it would be cover and competition for both wings. SWP did well as a striker against us for Man City in that game we won 4-3 so he could be back up for Martins. I don't agree that Milner can play up front. Having said all that, we are overloaded with midfielders. I'd say Solano is now a right wing back rather than a midfielder. He's played much better from that position. SWP isn't doing well at Chelsea at the moment. At least a loan would mean we didn't end up blowing a fortune on another potential lemon. I'll believe this story when it happens.

Would allow us to let Solano concentrate on completing his full conversion to full-back, and Dyer to play off the striker or in the middle. And imo, he's still much much better than Milner. On a loan deal, what harm is there?

Agree 100%, would be a fantastic deal in the short-term. Although it probably would spell the end of Milner as he seems only keen to stick around if he's getting a regular game... unless he could be fobbed off by using Yorkie's logic earlier in the thread.

Don't see an awful lot wrong with the logic tbh, Andy. When he's got competition in the team (which in fairness, he doesn't at the moment - or atleast shouldn't), it may well spur him on to keep his place in the side. And like i say, he'll still get plenty of games because he's one of our most versatile players. :thup:

Don't see an awful lot wrong with the logic tbh, Andy. When he's got competition in the team (which in fairness, he doesn't at the moment - or atleast shouldn't), it may well spur him on to keep his place in the side. And like i say, he'll still get plenty of games because he's one of our most versatile players. :thup:

Never said there was anything wrong with the logic, you spud, in fact I was suggesting that Roeder uses said logic himself.