controversial decisions today

nazza06

Parker was offside, but so was Berbatov when allowed to go clean through.

Unfortunately for Spurs, little Dimitar wishes he was Obafemi Martins, but he isn't and never will be. Shit effort into the side netting. So fuck them.

I thought Barton's was a 100% red. The dirty fucking cunt deliberately lunged at Faye's legs with two feet, with the pure intention of hurting him.

The fact that Faye managed to jump out of the way is irrelevant. He shouldn't have to end up with a broken leg just for Joey Barton to get what he deserved.

I thought Barton's was a 100% red. The dirty fucking cunt deliberately lunged at Faye's legs with two feet, with the pure intention of hurting him.

The fact that Faye managed to jump out of the way is irrelevant. He shouldn't have to end up with a broken leg just for Joey Barton to get what he deserved.

Agree with that. The intention was there and if he'd made contact, he could have snapped the lad's leg. Shocking challenge (but Gerrard has been getting away with making tackles like that for years in my opinion).

Agree with that. The intention was there and if he'd made contact, he could have snapped the lad's leg. Shocking challenge (but Gerrard has been getting away with making tackles like that for years in my opinion).

Spot on, both of you.  The bit in bold being especially correct.

Konchesky sending off was pathetic.

Linesman didn't raise his flag niether

It was that T*** Foy again wasn`t it. What a pathetic excuse for a Ref.

I'm not too sure. If you look, after the striker goes past him, Konchesky's left leg flicks up a little to take the striker's back leg. Can't be 100% sure, but it doesn't look like a natural follow-through. Afterwards, Konchesky looks more intent on saying that it wasn't a goal-scoring position rather than saying it wasn't a foul. His team-mates were a lot more angry than him.

Barton's was a crazy challenge. You can't jump at an opponent like that and hope to get away with it. It's the sort of incident that's holding his career back.

As for the Heskey goal, on a moral level it should stand because he wasn't ahead of the defender. But I don't know whether the rule book covers situations where a player leaves the pitch like that. Any refs out there?

I thought Carvalho wasn't active as he was off the pitch, making Heskey offside.

But if you want to say that, then he shouldntve been allowed back on to the pitch, which he was.

West ham/fulham wasnt red but was foul/yellow

Think barton's was harsh

That was the way I saw it too... seeing as Carvalho came outside the "playing area" because of his own momentum he should still count as an active player, therefore covering and making Heskey onside.

This, what seems to be popular interpretation of the rule where the instant you step outside of the white line, you don't count anymore should be bollocks, and was proved to be for this goal.

I thought Carvalho wasn't active as he was off the pitch, making Heskey offside.

But if you want to say that, then he shouldntve been allowed back on to the pitch, which he was.

West ham/fulham wasnt red but was foul/yellow

Think barton's was harsh

That was the way I saw it too... seeing as Carvalho came outside the "playing area" because of his own momentum he should still count as an active player, therefore covering and making Heskey onside.

This, what seems to be popular interpretation of the rule where the instant you step outside of the white line, you don't count anymore should be bollocks, and was proved to be for this goal.

If you step off the field of play, deliberately or if your momentum carries you there, you instantly become inactive. Whether the rule's stupid or not (which it is), it's the rule we have to follow. Heskey was offside therefore and the goal should have been disallowed. Simple as really.

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned that he's arguably infront of the goalkeeper which also makes him offside. You need to be level with the 2nd last opponent so if the defender off the field of play is active, he could still be offside even if it is by an inch or two.

definately no peno for blackburn, pathetic dive from Bentley, No peno against van persie for me,

What the hells a "peno" ? The italian for penalty or something ? :confused:

definately no peno for blackburn, pathetic dive from Bentley, No peno against van persie for me,

you mean you have never said "peno" when you can't be arsed to type penalty?

Pen is easier.

Pen is easier.

PK is even easier