Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

VAR needs to go - Leicester will win the league on pens at this rate.  It's ruining the league.

The ref is to blame not a video replay, all the ref had to do was look at that and see it's not a pen.

The refs have to be better trained, and that won't happen while we have the worst ref in my living memory as their boss, One Mike Riley.

VAR is still shite and needs to go.

Very happy that this competitive match could be decided because the ball was blasted off some Wolves player's arm from a yard away, forty yards from goal.

40 yards ???

20 :lol: Box is ~40 yards wide in total, forgot to halve it.

44 Yards, i think.

VAR needs to go - Leicester will win the league on pens at this rate.  It's ruining the league.

The ref is to blame not a video replay, all the ref had to do was look at that and see it's not a pen.

The refs have to be better trained, and that won't happen while we have the worst ref in my living memory as their boss, One Mike Riley.

VAR is still shite and needs to go.

I think we should keep it, and use it far better. More importantly for me would be getting rid of Riley, and getting better refs.

I don’t understand how more people don’t get this. Twitter is full of people wanting the back to how it was which was equally unfair if not worse. Var isn’t the problem it’s the way it’s implemented. Refs need better training and rules need modifying to accommodate the change.

I will say it again.  There's nowt wrong with VAR.  In fact it's fantastic that there is camera footage and slow motion etc.  It's the stupid referees and the rules that are horrendous, not VAR.

VAR is the video assistant referee isn't it? Rather than the technology itself.

Like the third umpire in cricket is a person rather than the hawkeye, snicko technology etc

It's still a current ref deciding whether to bring anything to the onfield ref's attention.

So still a poorly trained dogshit English ref getting it wrong.

I don’t understand how more people don’t get this. Twitter is full of people wanting the back to how it was which was equally unfair if not worse. Var isn’t the problem it’s the way it’s implemented. Refs need better training and rules need modifying to accommodate the change.

I can see it from both sides actually, i'm in favour of VAR but if you said our refs would be 100% better in 2 years, i wouldn't be unhappy if VAR was scraped.

Before any debate about VAR staying or going, the state of our refereeing has to be sorted out imo.