Wolves 1-1 Newcastle United - 25/10/20

Disco

Dyer said something along the lines of us being a club in transition and hopefully Bruce was given enough time to get it right, so he's clueless.

He said that to stay onside of the "one of our own" wankers who are still quite prevalent among our support.

Really enjoyed that Dyer interview with him talking about his Newcastle career. Miss those SBR days

Someone was slagging off his half time comments in this thread which I disagreed with, I thought he was pretty much on the money. Dyer was a pretty decent pundit IMO, didn't shy away from giving his opinion, and spoke well for the most part. I know a significant number of our fans hated him when he was here because he was perceived as arrogant, but he was a big part of one the best NUFC teams I had the privilege to watch.

I thought Dyer's comments were exceptionally perceptive and clear. They should use him much more.

The positives from the match:

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 suits the players we have at our disposal (more so when hayden is back).

Jacob Murphy has a sweet pass on him and has improved 150%

Hendrick is much better as a centre midfielder, with almiron next to him and putting in a shift they looked really solid (Shelvey, take note!)

The three at the back look much more comfortable than in a back four

If we wanted to... we could play very positively with this formation

At last, Brucey Bonus played Fraser from the start and he played well (was to be expected)

The negatives from the match:

ASM looked uninterested, is the laziest when defending (at least look as if you want to defend slightly).

We were playing so deep that by the time our attacking players received the ball they were still inside our own half. We allow opposition centre halfs and full backs loads of time and space to initiate attacks in our own half. Could we ever think about pressing as a unit further up the pitch?

Steve Bruce should have hooked ASM at half time but doesn´t have the gonads.

Dont think ASM looked uninterested. He simply just had an off game. Which happens.

He had an off game which made him uninterested in my opinion. First time I've ever seen him not really put much into defending.

Either way I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Dont think ASM looked uninterested. He simply just had an off game. Which happens.

He had an off game which made him uninterested in my opinion. First time I've ever seen him not really put much into defending.

Either way I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Nope, still our most dangerous player (not last night though). I've got every faith that once he's played in the right position he'll come good again.

Andy Gray talking on beIN Sports:

“It is a smash and grab [for Newcastle].

“They contributed nothing to the game really, in an attacking sense, until they went one down.

“I said to you [Richard Keys], watch the next nine minutes after they went one down and look at how many men they get forward.

“In the first 80 minutes they did nothing like that.

“I don’t get it.

“I get that you can defend and be deep but I don’t get your adventure can be zero.

“That is what it was for Newcastle and it doesn’t please me to say that about that club, or Steve [bruce], because I like Steve, but I just think that they offered nothing really going forward at all, until the 81st minute when they went one down.

“I’d expect more from Newcastle tonight and we didn’t get it.

“I don’t know what Newcastle fans would think…I don’t know if they would go home thinking: ‘That’s a great result, I’m happy with that.’

“Or whether they would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’

“I’d like to think, knowing what I have seen over the last 25 years from that club, some of the brilliant sides I have seen, the entertainment I have watched up there, been to watch millions of games up there.

“I’d like to think the majority would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’…”

Every game's like that Andy, and you and your mates tell us he's doing a great job and we should stop moaning.

Accurate comments from him, mind.

I’ve just watched the analysis on motd2 and they’ve mentioned players having to play out of position and doing a job for the team. The footage they showed of Fraser in cm is him just ambling around worse than Shelvey, not closing down. 😂

I’m not suggesting he should have done better being thrown in like that rather it was an odd example of someone doing a job for the team.

Ryder:

Jeff Hendrick 6

Clearly not fit. Some important blocks and clearances late one. But nothing to write home about in terms of passing going forward which he was brought here for.

There's been nothing to suggest he isn't fit is there ???

Ryder:

Jeff Hendrick 6

Clearly not fit. Some important blocks and clearances late one. But nothing to write home about in terms of passing going forward which he was brought here for.

There's been nothing to suggest he isn't fit is there ???

He's clearly fit like, Ryder is off his absolute tits  :lol: :lol:

He was sitting pretty high up a lot of the time yesterday which isn't ideal when one of his key strengths is carrying the ball forward at pace.

It's worth trying him in a free role I suppose, but not with his base position that high up.

Woulnd't mind one day seeing this:

--------------Wilson---------------

--ASM---------Miggy-------Fraser

------------------------------------

-------------Hayden---------------

Lewis------------------------Murphy

--------Fede---Jamal--Fab-------

Guest neesy111

Nuno has done a brilliant job with Wolves but I really don't enjoy watching them play. Just find them so mechanical to watch.

We were there for the taking yesterday and thought they were poor

Yeap, it was very slow by them.

They’re a better of version of what Rafa was making us.

In a way I quite like it as it shows how well they’re drilled but at times it does feel they need something extra, particularly in the midfield.