Newcastle United Gives Me No Joy

gjohnson

Watched 'We are the Geordies. Fantastic watch but as predicted made me sad and angry at the difference in how keen I was then compared to now. Also highlighted how this club is going to waste. We had hope and a platform to progress at the end of that championship winning season and the one after that, but Ashley's  let it all evaporate. Criminal tbh.

Can only cling to hope he'll be gone one day and someone with the right intention is at the helm.

I'm the least interested I've ever been like. I didnt watch yesterday, I wont watch on Wednesday and I dont think i'll even both watching who we play after that. Thats fairly unheard of for me.

I dont even have the energy to muster hating Bruce. He's terrible, but its not an injustice that he's here. He's everything the club deserves. A crappy, two bit manager for a club that simply does not try.

Bruce is but the symptom of Ashleys cancerous reign. He's the one running us with utter neglect. 17th the goal, any higher is a bonus. No investment in the training ground, leaving the stadium to rot.

Mike Ashley is the worst thing to ever happen in the history of NUFC, and until he goes, nothing with ever change and this zombie of a football club will limp on with anti-ambition.

This, pretty much. Although I do hate Bruce.

A quote from the sadly departed Docherty:

"We would never, ever talk about opposition - it was always about how Manchester United want to play. The words he used most in his team talks were 'please the fans, excite the fans'.

"And we did that - that was all down to his way of playing. 100-per-cent commitment, but the main thing was enjoyment and pleasing the fans."

The sort of words that KK would have said.

And I look at Bruce and cry.

Tbh I could totally see Bruce saying the same. It's just another way of saying "go out there lads, do your best and work hard" without any sort of plan.

It might have worked 30+ years ago if you had the best players. Not so much in 2021 with a below average squad.

I still watch the games whenever I can, but if I´m honest I rarely get worked up. At the moment it is frustrating to the point of wanting to strangle the placka geordie, you can see that we have the players in the squad to be playing much better football, or at least at the minimum requirement some semblance of a game plan.

It is still not as bad as it was when Pardew "The King" was "reining" over us, just the sight of that creepy slimey cun* on the sideline made me feel physically sick such was the hate for him.

As long as the Fat Slimeball is our owner we will never return to the top of the table. It is definitely a vendetta/grudge whatever, his treatment of our club, nothing else could vindicate his cations.

For any future owners: It is very easy to see that the largest and most important investment to be made should be in our manager. Just look back at the ones who have worked and it is easy to see... Pedigree will get us back up there!

Anyway, Happy & Healthy 2021 to all!!