Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle United - 23/01/2021

Disco

We are w***. Been a horrendous run. Mad how s*** Lewis is.

We were just as s*** last season as well when you couldn't stop telling people people Bruce was doing a good job :lol:

This run has been worst than last season.

At no point did I say Bruce did a good job. I said last season, he did an okay job. Stop lying Nobody, not a good look.

I think you actually claimed Bruce had “Done a good job with team spirit”. That seems to have vanished now for some reason. Perhaps he hadn’t done a good job with that supposed team spirit after all?

No the team spirit is f***ed now. Clearly not playing for him.

I know confidence is a huge thing in football but I wonder what’s changed this season for that teams spirit to completely go?

We played shit football last season but we definitely had good team spirit and we never went on massively bad runs (worst was 3 losses then we picked up 4 points from next 2 games away to Wolves and home to Chelsea). We always picked up a result when we needed one.

This season Bruce has nothing tactically and the team spirit looks shite now. We need to get Bruce out and somebody new in. We can improve but if nothing is done, we will pick up 1 point from 5 games at best and be totally fucked tbh.

It's too late, NO never forgets.  You're Bruce's Ian now.

I agree with Samp on his point about team spirit, as bad as we were last season, that spirit was evident and it got us some results that objectively, we didn't deserve.

However this season, that same spirit has since disintegrated

The discussion is though, about whether that was down to Bruce or not? I'd fall into the camp that says it wasn't.

They were probably all just enjoying getting away with doing very little in training and i'm not sure that you can put that down as a positive with regards to Bruce's management skills.

We are w***. Been a horrendous run. Mad how s*** Lewis is.

We were just as s*** last season as well when you couldn't stop telling people people Bruce was doing a good job :lol:

This run has been worst than last season.

At no point did I say Bruce did a good job. I said last season, he did an okay job. Stop lying Nobody, not a good look.

I think you actually claimed Bruce had “Done a good job with team spirit”. That seems to have vanished now for some reason. Perhaps he hadn’t done a good job with that supposed team spirit after all?

No the team spirit is f***ed now. Clearly not playing for him.

I know confidence is a huge thing in football but I wonder what’s changed this season for that teams spirit to completely go?

We played shit football last season but we definitely had good team spirit and we never went on massively bad runs (worst was 3 losses then we picked up 4 points from next 2 games away to Wolves and home to Chelsea). We always picked up a result when we needed one.

This season Bruce has nothing tactically and the team spirit looks shite now. We need to get Bruce out and somebody new in. We can improve but if nothing is done, we will pick up 1 point from 5 games at best and be totally fucked tbh.

It's too late, NO never forgets.  You're Bruce's Ian now.

Ian will never be allowed to forget will he.

Poor bugger has apologised several times.

seems like such a canny bloke, too.

:lol:

I agree with Samp on his point about team spirit, as bad as we were last season, that spirit was evident and it got us some results that objectively, we didn't deserve.

However this season, that same spirit has since disintegrated

The discussion is though, about whether that was down to Bruce or not? I'd fall into the camp that says it wasn't.

They were probably all just enjoying getting away with doing very little in training and i'm not sure that you can put that down as a positive with regards to Bruce's management skills.

I think Bruce simply harnessed what spirit was originally there, he didn't build upon it in any meaningful way.

That's led to stagnation and eventually as we're seeing now - self-destruction

Bruce's man-management skills seem okay when things are going okay, but they're woeful when the fortunes turn. He's thrown the players under the bus multiple times, not to mention risking the careers of his players coming back from injury - Lejune, Dummett etc.

Bruce's man-management skills seem okay when things are going okay, but they're woeful when the fortunes turn. He's thrown the players under the bus multiple times, not to mention risking the careers of his players coming back from injury - Lejune, Dummett etc.

I bet you'll find those very same words at least 100 times in the Pardew thread :lol:

Bruce came into a professional team with good work ethic. Gave them more time off from the training facilities which some of the lads liked. Now it's turning on him.