Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle United - 23/01/2021

Disco

5 games in a row without a goal now? :lol:

7 shots on goal in those 5 games. One of these games went 120 minutes.  :lol: :lol:

Hey, Redknapp says he's trying his heart out, so we should just accept it :lol:

They know we're fucked, like.

That caught my eye, too. It’s like it was 2009 all over again and Villa had just relegated us with how deflated and dejected they looked. You wouldn’t think there’s still half the season to go.

It is shocking. They are mourning relegation already.

Bruce can't turn it around. He is making it worse. The players have gone. Loss on Tuesday and he is most surely done. Shame he will get at least until then.

Villas passing and movement was light years ahead of ours.  They took their foot off the gas and were a bit complacent when they went 2 up, they couldn't believe how easy it was.  Our plan under Bruce is to keep the ball in our own half by passing it square and backwards then once we manage to get over the half way line  just run with it and we might get a free kick or something.  Don't they ever train with 1 touch football and pass it and move?

Villas passing and movement was light years ahead of ours.  They took their foot off the gas and were a bit complacent when they went 2 up, they couldn't believe how easy it was.  Our plan under Bruce is to keep the ball in our own half by passing it square and backwards then once we manage to get over the half way line  just run with it and we might get a free kick or something.  Don't they ever train with 1 touch football and pass it and move?

This actually sums us up beautifully in our “tactical “ play  :lol:

It's all irrelevant because we're shit, Bruce etc....

But in a world where I actually cared. I know it looks like it doesn't matter because he was likely behind the ball but the talk last night about how it was "close to being offside but it doesn't matter because Schar played the ball" is total bullshit.

He only plays the ball because he thinks Watkins is onside. Pre VAR the flag would have gone up if the linesman thought he was offside as the ball is played and that would be that. But they don't put flags up anymore. They wouldn't then go..oh but he's stretched to play it so play on.

They were trying to say it was like the villa one the other night which it wasn't. There was a player standing offside but didn't effect the defender deciding to control the ball. He then got tackled, City player who was onside then scored. Very little interference.

But last night, flag doesn't go up so what was Schar supposed to do? Assume he's offside and just let the ball go past him in the hope it goes up? Total bullshit.

Guest neesy111

It's all irrelevant because we're shit, Bruce etc....

But in a world where I actually cared. I know it looks like it doesn't matter because he was likely behind the ball but the talk last night about how it was "close to being offside but it doesn't matter because Schar played the ball" is total bullshit.

He only plays the ball because he thinks Watkins is onside. Pre VAR the flag would have gone up if the linesman thought he was offside as the ball is played and that would be that. But they don't put flags up anymore. They wouldn't then go..oh but he's stretched to play it so play on.

They were trying to say it was like the villa one the other night which it wasn't. There was a player standing offside but didn't effect the defender deciding to control the ball. He then got tackled, City player who was onside then scored. Very little interference.

But last night, flag doesn't go up so what was Schar supposed to do? Assume he's offside and just let the ball go past him in the hope it goes up? Total bullshit.

Completely agree, I'm not sure on the rule around this as it was completely different to the goal they conceded vs City as both Schar and Watkins were both playing in the same phase.

Aye I thought that was absolute bollocks tbh. I was really surprised that Schär's touch discharged the fact that Watkins was clearly offside when the forward pass was played. Seems like a bollocks rule to me.

Said it before but 3 years ago we were 10th in the Prem and Villa were struggling to get out of the Championship

Since then we've managed to hire their failed manager and barely register a shot on target against them

At some point in the game opposition players must just realise they’ve got 10 seconds more time than they ever normally have. Then they can start to play.

Sadly Leeds already know because of how recently we played them and how good their manager is.

Jack Grealish can be heard during the game in the 69th minute on sky sports saying

''Just keep it moving these are shit''

:rant:

Great awareness from him.

Even by our standards this was one of the more depressing efforts. Lose the next two and surely even Donnay Nonce has to see the light.