Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle United - 23/01/2021

Disco

Guest reefatoon

Said it before but 3 years ago we were 10th in the Prem and Villa were struggling to get out of the Championship

Since then we've managed to hire their failed manager and barely register a shot on target against them

It’s fucking disgusting.

Said it before but 3 years ago we were 10th in the Prem and Villa were struggling to get out of the Championship

Since then we've managed to hire their failed manager and barely register a shot on target against them

It’s fucking disgusting.

Would love to have seen that point made yesterday by either the commentators or the useless panel 'experts'.

I only caught the last twenty minutes but it was clear as day that Villa were just going through the motions cos they didn't have to try. There was barely any cohesion and they were sloppy, but just got the impression they were saving their legs.

Can't remember the last time I saw us on this consistently devoid of anything in every single match. Since the luck run out it's been absolutely desperate.

We are wank. Been a horrendous run. Mad how shit Lewis is.

We were just as shit last season as well when you couldn't stop telling people people Bruce was doing a good job :lol:

I totally concur.  Even when Bruce was fluking some unbelievable results you could see the football was atrocious.  How some on here couldn't see that just beggars belief.  Hello Samp.

Jack Grealish can be heard during the game in the 69th minute on sky sports saying

''Just keep it moving these are s***''

:rant:

I hate the little show pony , however, the truth hurts and he’s right .

To be honest, the players are being made to look a lot worse than they could/should be by having zero effective leadership, zero effective training and zero tactical direction. There's players in our squad who looked adequate squad players under Rafa. Bruce's idea of football management is to throw a ball at the players and tell them to put it in the back of the net at the other end of the pitch, a 10yr old playing Football Manager would likely have a better grasp of what's needed.

We are w***. Been a horrendous run. Mad how s*** Lewis is.

We were just as s*** last season as well when you couldn't stop telling people people Bruce was doing a good job :lol:

This run has been worst than last season.

At no point did I say Bruce did a good job. I said last season, he did an okay job. Stop lying Nobody, not a good look.

We were just as s*** last season as well when you couldn't stop telling people people Bruce was doing a good job :lol:

At no point did I say Bruce did a good job. I said last season, he did an okay job. Stop lying Nobody, not a good look.

The reality is it has been this bad from the get go.

When Bruce first came in and tried to change the formation we were getting battered, and so he then switched back to the setup Rafa had established already which got him results because the defenders were still relatively familiar with the organisation of that setup.

Now he's been here more than a year all of those good habits Rafa drilled in are long gone. Bruce tried to change things again this season and we were awful. He's tried to run back to Rafa's setup again but it's not working because all the necessary disciplined training has not been done in over a year.

I said after about 5 games that we were worse than both Fulham and Sheffield United and were it not for Wilson's hot start we would be bottom. And it's been very clear that is indeed the case. We are a nothing team that do not do anything that makes sense on the pitch.

Jack Grealish can be heard during the game in the 69th minute on sky sports saying

''Just keep it moving these are shit''

:lol:

That guy is going to take Villa very far. Takes so much responsibility on the pitch every single game and gives everyone around him confidence because of it.

He was of course 100% right in what he said and was bold enough to say it to his team mates right there on the pitch in front of our hapless bunch, who could do nothing about it.

Now that right there is cold blooded.

We've been this bad since he came in, results are just finally starting to be as bad as the football on display.

Fine, you said okay job, semantics. He was shite last year, just ad shite as he is now. Most of us saw this run coming a mile away.

I think you actually claimed Bruce had “Done a good job with team spirit”. That seems to have vanished now for some reason. Perhaps he hadn’t done a good job with that supposed team spirit after all?

We've been this bad since he came in, results are just finally starting to be as bad as the football on display.

Fine, you said okay job, semantics. He was s**** last year, just ad s**** as he is now. Most of us saw this run coming a mile away.

I said that last season was okay, because the takeover was key and I thought it would go ahead and we could move on. At start of this season, I said it's it will get worse under Bruce and that we are likely to be in a relegation battle. At start of season, I said we need a new manager to make progress.

I think you actually claimed Bruce had “Done a good job with team spirit”. That seems to have vanished now for some reason. Perhaps he hadn’t done a good job with that supposed team spirit after all?

No the team spirit is fucked now. Clearly not playing for him.

No the team spirit is fucked now. Clearly not playing for him.

I know confidence is a huge thing in football but I wonder what’s changed this season for that teams spirit to completely go?

No the team spirit is f***ed now. Clearly not playing for him.

I know confidence is a huge thing in football but I wonder what’s changed this season for that teams spirit to completely go?

We played shit football last season but we definitely had good team spirit and we never went on massively bad runs (worst was 3 losses then we picked up 4 points from next 2 games away to Wolves and home to Chelsea). We always picked up a result when we needed one.

This season Bruce has nothing tactically and the team spirit looks shite now. We need to get Bruce out and somebody new in. We can improve but if nothing is done, we will pick up 1 point from 5 games at best and be totally fucked tbh.

We played shit football last season but we definitely had good team spirit and we never went on massively bad runs (worst was 3 losses then we picked up 4 points from next 2 games away to Wolves and home to Chelsea). We always picked up a result when we needed one.

This season Bruce has nothing tactically and the team spirit looks shite now. We need to get Bruce out and somebody new in. We can improve but if nothing is done, we will pick up 1 point from 5 games at best and be totally fucked tbh.

We fluked our way through last season, it wasn't down to Bruce doing an okay job. The rotten football we were serving up was always going to catch up with us results-wise, and playing that sort of horrible football meant that team spirit was bound to flag when the luck ran out. It was entirely predictable, and that's why so many on here didn't take that much notice of the points or league position. It could never be sustainable without a manager who knew what he was doing.

We fluked our way through last season, it wasn't down to Bruce doing an okay job. The rotten football we were serving up was always going to catch up with us results-wise, and playing that sort of horrible football meant that team spirit was bound to flag when the luck ran out. It was entirely predictable, and that's why so many on here didn't take that much notice of the points or league position. It could never be sustainable without a manager who knew what he was doing.

Well said.

Can barely be arsed to talk about the actual football but did anybody notice Hayden put in about three crosses Carroll might have made something of when he went to right back? The irony of course being Carroll was off by then...

Guest neesy111

The biggest difference is we had CB's as our top goal scorers for a large proportion of the season, that is flukey as fuck.

Look at the end of that Everton game with Lejeune scoring twice in added time or that west ham away game. 

Can barely be arsed to talk about the actual football but did anybody notice Hayden put in about three crosses Carroll might have made something of when he went to right back? The irony of course being Carroll was off by then...

He brought Carroll off and brought two wingers on. The bloke's a genius.

''Just keep it moving these are shit''

really hope Bruce heard it.

was charnley at the game or has he stopped going?