Joe Willock

Guest reefatoon

A change of position has worked wonders for Joelinton. Wonder if any other players do have that potential to shift positions and excel like he has done.ย 

Just now, reefatoon said:

A change of position has worked wonders for Joelinton. Wonder if any other players do have that potential to shift positions and excel like he has done.ย 

Or, how about EH converts Joelinton into a goal machine?
iirc JL has had some experience playing up front before.

Guest HTT II

Van Nistelrooy was deadly clinical, not the best outside the box and a bit one dimensional, but boy could he finish and inside that box he was as deadly as any.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Van Nistelrooy was deadly clinical, not the best outside the box and a bit one dimensional, but boy could he finish and inside that box he was as deadly as any.

I think he only ever scored 1 from outside the box for Man U. Was absolutely supreme at penalties... always low, hard and in the corner, the most difficult place for a keeper to get to.ย  It's almost a crime that he'd be fairly useless now since the pure poacher role is pretty much dead.ย 

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I think he only ever scored 1 from outside the box for Man U. Was absolutely supreme at penalties... always low, hard and in the corner, the most difficult place for a keeper to get to.ย  It's almost a crime that he'd be fairly useless now since the pure poacher role is pretty much dead.ย 

He would be a different type of player I assume.

ย 

Even in his own era - his teams always suffered a bit for his selfishness.ย 

Guest HTT II
31 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

He was such a bastard of a player to play against and had that real mental strength where he knew heโ€™d score in any game, similar to Shearer. I think he - today - would still be the same level of goalscorer, but only in the right team. He improved outside the box when he went to Real, but had more time and space. We were linked with him once IIRC before he went to Man Utd.ย 

On 16/08/2022 at 10:59, Lotus said:

Or, how about EH converts Joelinton into a goal machine?
iirc JL has had some experience playing up front before.

Joelinton is critical for us as a ball winning CM right now. His partnership next to Bruno is right up there and central to why we are playing well.

ย 

He has failed as a CF before, and even if he did start scoring, our midfield would fall to pieces without Jur doing what he does.ย 

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

7 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Joelinton is not going to become a prolific striker. Not a chanceย 

ย 

Agreed, but I think there is a good chance that in a year or so we may start seeing the type of chance he pulled wide against Forest going in 4-5 times a season and he will always have a chance of getting a couple of headers.

ย 

Not implausible that he could become a 10 goal a season midfielder. Just don't give him time to think about what type of shot to make!

38 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Joelinton is critical for us as a ball winning CM right now. His partnership next to Bruno is right up there and central to why we are playing well.

ย 

He has failed as a CF before, and even if he did start scoring, our midfield would fall to pieces without Jur doing what he does.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Er....wasnt being serious...

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He was such a bastard of a player to play against and had that real mental strength where he knew heโ€™d score in any game, similar to Shearer. I think he - today - would still be the same level of goalscorer, but only in the right team. He improved outside the box when he went to Real, but had more time and space. We were linked with him once IIRC before he went to Man Utd.ย 

We were linked....then went for Tomasson instead

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

We were linked....then went for Tomasson instead

We were linked with him under Sir Bobby, dunno about prior to that.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Didn't he get a season long injury though.

He was on the verge of signing for them and then suffered a really bad injury, they then signed him the following season I think. That injury must have effected him as he was really rapid before that, but lost his pace after it.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He was on the verge of signing for them and then suffered a really bad injury, they then signed him the following season I think. That injury must have effected him as he was really rapid before that, but lost his pace after it.

I thought it was us that were close to signing him, before his injury, and then Man U arranged a transfer during his injury, but you're probably right.