Joe Willock

29 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

We have one injury prone PL standard striker. I'm not sure in what way CM could be construed as more of a priority than CF at this time.

I’d say they are of equal priority, also harsh on Wood he will be playing a part this season 

• 2 weeks later...

Think he absolutely has the ability to nail down the 3rd midfield place for us if we dont get a new signing in there. I think his quality is clear but direction and a manager who understands his strengths is important for a player like him. Thankfully I think we have that. I'd hope he is our 3rd choice CM for the most part (tactics will change for certain games Im sure) and if he is I think he'll just improve as the season goes on.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

He did so many good things today like, closing down, good runs, great first touch (especially that chest down to set himself up), really good at finding wiggle room to face up defenders, a few good crosses, great energy and enthusiasm. Loved all of it, really played well.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I dunno if it was just me but he looked as if he had grown. Size and power was great.

I didn't really see that tbh. I thought he was closing down pretty well last season as well under Howe, the only criticism I had was his final touch or pass was sometimes astray.That's still the case now really, but he's shown a great attitude since Howe came in, and as said above, he's still only 22 and could really go on to be a good player. He's covering Miggy levels of ground these days, really box to box. Probably scoring less goals because of it, but his team contribution is much better.

22 man. That's actually quite something. 

He's already very good. Another 4 years under Howe? He could be an excellent player for us. I hope he grows at the same rate as the club.

BTW, we should probably take a serious look at his brother. Got two years left on his contract at QPR. Scored a worldie today.

Would be a good one for the future.

2 hours ago, STM said:

I dunno if it was just me but he looked as if he had grown. Size and power was great.

Just watching the highlights, he looks about 6 inches taller and at least a stone heavier! 

Can’t say I noticed it in the pre season. 

😂

I thought he was ok tbh. No threat on goal, but he seems to be playing more of an all round midfield role these days, putting in more of a shift defensively rather than getting on the end of chances like when he was here on loan.