Championship Lineup

ChrisMcQuillan

I don’t actually see the first team in The Championship being far off what it has been the last couple of games, bar Darlow for Dubravka. Reckon we’d get about £70-80m for the front three and probably spend £10-15m again on a Championship level striker and winger like we did last time and finish top 6.

Wildcard opinion if it happens. Don't think anyone major would leave aside from those 1 year on deal or less aside from GKs. The prices they'll ask will be based on past income, won't match current market values and most saleable assets have years to run on their deals so won't be too fussed.

Dubravka and the front three are the only ones I could see going. I also think we’ll sell Woodman too because we’ll stick with Darlow as number 1 when Dubravka leaves rather than Woodman who’ll not hang around as a number 2 in The Championship when he’s been one of the best keepers down there for 2 seasons.

Manquillo might go out to some La Liga mid-table side on loan with us paying some of his wages. The only clubs I could see wanting Lascelles are someone like Palace who are going to have a high turnover of players and will want a Cahill replacement, or Burnley if Tarkowski leaves. Could see Joelinton leave on loan too with us paying about 70% of his wages.

The rest will probably stay. Could possibly see Armstrong coming back for around £8m and wildcard shout being Mitrovic for around £15m.

I don’t actually see the first team in The Championship being far off what it has been the last couple of games, bar Darlow for Dubravka. Reckon we’d get about £70-80m for the front three and probably spend £10-15m again on a Championship level striker and winger like we did last time and finish top 6.

And then the whole recycle starts, with players not up to the premiership, being first team players for years to follow in the event of promotion, as we circle round the drain until we drop again.

I still maintain (some disagree on here) that crowds will plummet if we are relegated, however, any single person who does go deserves every s*** performance and no hope or joy they experience, because each and every one are part of the problem.

I think crowds will depend on who’s manager. If it’s Bruce or another dinosaur of that ilk we’ll be lucky to get 25-30k. Someone like Howe and I reckon crowds similar to the Hughton season. Low 40s sometimes dropping to 37-38k with some 47-48k towards the end of the season if we’re going for promotion.

Dubravka and the front three are the only ones I could see going. I also think we’ll sell Woodman too because we’ll stick with Darlow as number 1 when Dubravka leaves rather than Woodman who’ll not hang around as a number 2 in The Championship when he’s been one of the best keepers down there for 2 seasons.

Manquillo might go out to some La Liga mid-table side on loan with us paying some of his wages. The only clubs I could see wanting Lascelles are someone like Palace who are going to have a high turnover of players and will want a Cahill replacement, or Burnley if Tarkowski leaves. Could see Joelinton leave on loan too with us paying about 70% of his wages.

The rest will probably stay. Could possibly see Armstrong coming back for around £8m and wildcard shout being Mitrovic for around £15m.

Aye fair apart from the last sentence, nee chance.

Crowds will start high regardless whoever/whatever the situation, which is almost fair enough to a point, but if normality is resumed I'd not have hope in matchgoers as much as the circuit of match going might have been broken.

I think crowds will depend on who’s manager. If it’s Bruce we’ll be lucky to get 25-30k. Someone like Howe and I reckon crowds similar to the Hughton season. Low 40s sometimes dropping to 37-38k with some 47-48k towards the end of the season if we’re going for promotion.

I honestly think if Ashley is still here then it won’t matter, people I know have just had enough and let’s be honest, which half decent manager would take the job as proven by the multitude not interested before Bruce took over. I’d be surprised if Howe did take it and to be fair I’m far from convinced by him anyway. Better than Bruce for certain, but, not a great barometer to measure though.

I just think the fact 40k still thought we were worth going back to after Bruce’s appointment shows some will go no matter what. Think there’s about 30k who will turn up no matter what because ‘they’re super fans’. Might lose a few thousand if results start shit but if it’s looking like a promotion season they’ll go back up, Ashley or not.

Think the lowest league crowd we’ve ever had with him here is 36/37k for Reading first home game in 09-10?

I just think the fact 40k still thought we were worth going back to after Bruce’s appointment shows some will go no matter what. Think there’s about 30k who will turn up no matter what because ‘they’re super fans’. Might lose a few thousand if results start s*** but if it’s looking like a promotion season they’ll go back up, Ashley or not.

Think the lowest league crowd we’ve ever had with him here is 36/37k for Reading first home game in 09-10?

Think the last two years is the final straw, but, we will see if we go down and Ashley is still the owner.

I think there’ll be a fair few who use the ‘I’ve missed going to the football’ excuse too.

I really hope you’re right but I just think we’re too numerous and too many ‘day out’ fans who’ve replaced the more ardent supporter the last 25 years.

Armstrong who was being touted for 30M+ just a few weeks ago? Even with the alleged sell-on clause, 8M would just get laughed at.

Armstrong who was being touted for 30M+ just a few weeks ago? Even with the alleged sell-on clause, 8M would just get laughed at.

Longstaff was touted at £50million. You'd be lucky to get a bazooka Joe for him, now.