Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I just don't get how you can be so arrogant about NUFC in the Premier League, or so taken by the 'potential' of our players (despite them seemingly not performing near top level for the last 7 months).

13 games left, realistically think we can expect to pick up points in all of them - maybe Citeh away is one game that could be a stretch too far but with the new boys in the squad, I genuinely don't see why they should fear anyone.

Not outside the realms of possibility that we can pick up another 25-30points. All depends if we decide to cut loose in the league and go for the wins (not got a lot to lose) and focus on the Europa league adventure.

52/55pts good enough for top 6?

:undecided:

"All depends if we decide to cut loose in the league."

I don't see a lot of cutting loose

I just don't get how you can be so arrogant about NUFC in the Premier League, or so taken by the 'potential' of our players (despite them seemingly not performing near top level for the last 7 months).

13 games left, realistically think we can expect to pick up points in all of them - maybe Citeh away is one game that could be a stretch too far but with the new boys in the squad, I genuinely don't see why they should fear anyone.

Not outside the realms of possibility that we can pick up another 25-30points. All depends if we decide to cut loose in the league and go for the wins (not got a lot to lose) and focus on the Europa league adventure.

so is it the manager or the players do you think Stu?

Guest neesy111

Probably the fans fault.

I'm confident we can beat Fulham and Sunderland at home in April which should see us home.

Fulham have proved to be a bit of a bogey team for us over the years and have been getting the odd good result here and there, just beat Spuds at their place, this weekend. We play the mackems right after a trip to Benfica, it will be a tough game and they'll obviously be up for it.

I'm not as convinced about that.

We're at home against Benfica the week we play Sunderland.

cutting loose?

I'm confident we can beat Fulham and Sunderland at home in April which should see us home.

Fulham have proved to be a bit of a bogey team for us over the years and have been getting the odd good result here and there, just beat Spuds at their place, this weekend. We play the mackems right after a trip to Benfica, it will be a tough game and they'll obviously be up for it.

Aye we just won 6 out of our last 10 in all comps with only 2 defeats before yesterday but now we are incapable of getting a couple of wins before the end of the season :lol:

Amazing what one defeat does to people, i hope the players are not as negative as some of you lot.

Aye we just won 6 out of our last 10 in all comps with only 2 defeats before yesterday but now we are incapable of getting a couple of wins before the end of the season :lol:

Amazing what one defeat does to people, i hope the players are not as negative as some of you lot.

Especially when you consider the nature of the defeat as well. People on here are making out as if we were absolutely abysmal yesterday, which is simply not the case. Everything went against us yesterday though, absolutely fucking everything, and it won't be like that on a consistent basis the rest of the season.

We're going to pick up about around ten points (which is about or average points per game this season) and finish around where we are now in the table.

Especially when you consider the nature of the defeat as well. People on here are making out as if we were absolutely abysmal yesterday, which is simply not the case. Everything went against us yesterday though, absolutely f***ing everything, and it won't be like that on a consistent basis the rest of the season.

We're going to pick up about around ten points (which is about or average points per game this season) and finish around where we are now in the table.

:thup: I think we will finish top 10 myself but that isn't here nor there we won't be involved in the relegation battle come the final few games.

For the record, one defeat hasn't changed my outlook on anything at all. I don't think we'll go down but I maintain that we've played shocking football on the whole this season.

Don't think anyone will disagree with that tbf, i think there has been improvement between Villa away and Stoke at home but in general its been horrible.

For the record, one defeat hasn't changed my outlook on anything at all. I don't think we'll go down but I maintain that we've played shocking football on the whole this season.

:sadnod:

fair enough, also given that defeat was as a consequence of some utterly incompetent bordering on wreckless officiating.

Don't think the style of football has been the point of this thread/discussion.

directly related in the opinion of many, myself included

Yeah i know. So this cutting loose thing? What does that mean? And why have we decided not to do it?

Not sure, really. Don't know the ins and outs of the training ground, who has been nursing injuries and how serious the management were actually taking Europa.

Would love to be able to pick a single reason and throw my weight behind it but I have a sneaky suspicion that professional football is a little bit more complicated than, let's say, Football Manager.

I inclined to give Pardew (and the club) the benefit of the doubt because I want to go into every match thinking the best of them and optimistic that I'll be happy after 90minutes (either with the result or, if not, the performance). When I'm not behind the manager or the team (see circa 2005/06), I find it makes for a rather un-enjoyable fan situation - you're  outwardly cheering on a team but subconsciously know that more defeats increase the likelihood of a managerial change.

I find Pardew agreeable on several levels, so the fact we're not setting the world alight on the pitch (or not looking like we're making quick progression) is not enough to make me reach for the pitchfork.

As Dr V said, performances haven't been anything but great, but its never made me think we'd be relegated (given the circumstances of these defeats)

I inclined to give Pardew (and the club) the benefit of the doubt because I want to go into every match thinking the best of them and optimistic that I'll be happy after 90minutes (either with the result or, if not, the performance). When I'm not behind the manager or the team (see circa 2005/06), I find it makes for a rather un-enjoyable fan situation - you're  outwardly cheering on a team but subconsciously know that more defeats increase the likelihood of a managerial change.

Do you have any plausible rationale*, beyond wanting to give the management the benefit of the doubt, for why it hasn't come together, Stu?

* - Ignoring Inochi, and the straw men that he is mercilessly pummelling

I know you don't want to blame any single factor, but beyond wanting to believe there are good reasons for us playing poor football to increase/sustain your enjoyment as a fan, do you have any possible explanation/combination of explanations which you really believe hold water for why we've got such long-standing problems with our football? You mentioned players possibly nursing training ground injuries, the Europa etc - do you believe these are reasons, or were those just off-the-cuff examples? Would these explain why we are vulnerable when we take corners, for example?